E

Easylu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
Considering the responses to this post I made https://www.cardschat.com/forum/general-poker-13/how-long-do-you-think-appropriate-531105/ , could you say that poker is considered a job for you? . I draw this conclusion because according to my previous post, the majority play between 8 hours a day or more, where in my country Peru and some others the minimum daily work time is 8 hours and the rest would be overtime. What do you think about this vision of poker? Leave me your comments here Thank you. I invite you to visit my other posts. Good morning and good luck

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
As you stated: if you have a normal job it's very hard almost impossible to play poker 8 hours a day.

I really hope they have it as a job otherwise, it would leave almost no time for physical activity or a social life.

f_lampa

f_lampa

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
yes, it can be considered a working day. a low-paid working day..

044hero

044hero

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it can be a job, it can be a hobby) or 2 in 1, whoever decides for themselves)
my variation is 2 in 1, love the game like a hobby, and also it pays off with money winnings)

chicbulls2

chicbulls2

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
If you take it seriously it is more than a job, you have to spend a lot of hours online to mace an income

scobido

scobido

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that if I didn't have a job, surely poker would become a job, of course I think I would also look to play live games to meet more people and where I think I would have unforgettable experiences.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Poker for me is a hobby but it could become a job if you really wanted it to be. The problem would be many try to make it there job but don't put in the work to succeed Even if you put in 8 hours of play a dday you should be putting in 4 hours a day of study some professionals will say,

Falai_san

Falai_san

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
If you earn enough income to live on.
Playing poker is considered a job

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Getting to those final tables is some of the toughest white collar work a person can do. So yes, it is a job though a part time one for most of us, but hopefully it will be one of the most pleasurable ones that you'll ever do. ❤️

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Unless it's your only means of income, it's really more of a hobby or side hustle. I think for most on this forum it's a hobby, but plenty dream of going pro

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Considering the responses to this post I made https://www.cardschat.com/forum/general-poker-13/how-long-do-you-think-appropriate-531105/ , could you say that poker is considered a job for you? . I draw this conclusion because according to my previous post, the majority play between 8 hours a day or more, where in my country Peru and some others the minimum daily work time is 8 hours and the rest would be overtime. What do you think about this vision of poker? Leave me your comments here Thank you. I invite you to visit my other posts. Good morning and good luck
For a few it may be a job, I think for the majority of us it is lottery that we hope to win enough some day to be financially set. For me it is a hoppy that that really enjoy.

23maxim88

23maxim88

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Poker doesn't work that way for now. It's 50-50. I hope in the future, it will fully provide for me.

Zaner

Zaner

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
many people live of poker,so yes if you study enough you can make this your job

julio gonzalez

julio gonzalez

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hello. for now it's only a complement to my work because I can't play many hours. I only play 2 or 3 mtt. daily. with that enough for me to withdraw a few dlrs. to help my economy. I take it seriously

ghitocarcia

ghitocarcia

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
For poker to become a job, you have to have a lot of discipline and dedicate a lot of time to it, for the moment it is just a hobby.

Only_player

Only_player

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Everything is very simple here. If you do something professionally but you don't enjoy it, then it's work. If not professionally, but with love, then this is a hobby. And when it is done professionally and with love, it is already art. Well, poker can be all of these things!

PS: But if you play poker badly and you don't like it, just stop playing it

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
For me it's a hobby, fun and entertainment, I'm retired, so in the afternoon and evening, I play

Bicskapocek

Bicskapocek

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, there are people who make a living from it, I know a few. Unfortunately, or not unfortunately, I never did it well enough to make it my job. Maybe I didn't invest as much time as I should have.

Berandir

Berandir

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I believe we have professional players who make an income from poker! Unfortunately, I don't have that pleasure, but I play recreationally very responsibly.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For those who play well, then poker is a job)

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
For some people it's a job, professional players see it that way. In my case I only see it as a hobby and a way to earn extra money.

B

BrunoFabri01

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe that anything you can earn enough income to support yourself is considered work. It's a shame I still can't make a living from poker......

GarotoMaroto

GarotoMaroto

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
To pros,yes,to players that dont study,no
But even to thoose,one day can be a job,everything is about determination
God bless