Is poker a game as stressful as it seems?

Shawnt

Shawnt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stress in poker

It's not stressful if your having fun and enjoying the time at the table. Unless you about to bubble or maybe heads up

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Does the chat comment affect you?

If the bet is very high, stress increases?

how does stress, some tennica in particular or only with experience decrease?

Your question is very good, my friend.
In my case, I developed my game and fish at a very high level. I can not stress myself in all the situations you have proposed. I accept and understand the game!:)

T

TheDev

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If poker is stressful than you are probably playing stakes too high for you to handle. I tend to play within my means and while a bad beat can be frustrating I dont typically ever feel stressed.

L

Liru

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me it's more stressful to play online than live. I don't know why that is. Live I believe I can trick people easier than online, out 100 hands I bluff 40% of the time and look mostly confident live.

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It can be stressful, but it can also be a great stress reliever in your life. It's a break from everything else going on and you really need to focus on the game and shut out everything else, which can be a very good thing. Like meditation, I guess. Poker is meditation for people who can't meditate. :)

Uncloggie

Uncloggie

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lots of great points here.

I get stressed out if I am playing too many tables, even freerolls.

I'm trying to wean myself off of playing every darn freeroll I can find and just focus on one good game at a time.

On the contrary, I still get an endorphin rush when I win a good hand, or the big rush, a tournament.

At most I play micro stakes, but occasionally get into some of the big money games thanks to freerolls tickets, etc.

They don't really stress me out , but more kind of psych me out, lol .

H

Hukkataga

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
No you can manage the stress pretty easily with experience

Dacruz27

Dacruz27

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It can be stressful when you are about to bust out obviously or when the bubble is near as you're running low.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try not to read comments in the chat. This is unnecessary.

emk211

emk211

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Poker is the search for the perfect hand which comes along every 10,000 deals or so, The Royal Flush. Stressful? Only if you have lost your entire reason for living and you are a gambling addict.:dancing2::dancing2:

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
No, the opposite is a very nice escape from everyday life. Maybe it is stressful in the first steps, but while gathering experience it is exciting!

GIRFIED

GIRFIED

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Stress and poker ... It depends.

Like most games, poker is fun, it's interesting, it's competitive, it's an amazing game. But stress begins when we have goals, when we try to earn money, when we professionalize the game, when it becomes a job, it is at that moment that stress appears.

But when we have a passion for poker and balance it in our lives, the situation changes, and the stress disappears.

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It can be stressful, but it can also be a great stress reliever in your life. It's a break from everything else going on and you really need to focus on the game and shut out everything else, which can be a very good thing. Like meditation, I guess. Poker is meditation for people who can't meditate. :)

And for those who can meditate, poker tends to become even more profitable! :rock:

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
:) Yes, if you're actually meditating, that's probably even better! I always thought I didn't have the patience to meditate, but if poker has taught me anything, it's patience, so maybe I should give meditation another shot.

B2199707

B2199707

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes it's stress playing especially when you know you just used up all the fund in your account

M

Muzyka1996

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
affects mainly only in the emotional and psychological form, unless it is a detailed analysis of the specific distribution affects mainly only in the emotional and psychological form, unless it is a detailed analysis of the specific distribution

J

Jlo111888

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Emotion of course if you set a lot of money. I know what it is. A bet why not on Trump:D but poker u have to not be close of your money.:tee::icon_salu

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I don t like high bets.Person who plays high money level can not be sure wheather will be able to stand the stress.

D

derpaderp

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on how many hands you are playing and how much you get into your own head, I guess. There are going to be bad beats, but a few of those in 10k hands is different than if you only have played 100 hands in your life. Situations in poker seem less stressful if you stop considering a single hand in a vacuum and look over the long term.

A

Awaaaaahh21

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to know when you'r tilting it is better to take a break if you are not that experienced player. Just my opinion

Top 10 Games