Is Poker a Game of Chance?

Nintendo

Nintendo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Skill is huge but the Luck factor is equally there which is why is such a popular game. Even bad players can have a good days and win. And this is why Poker is played by so many people.

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All games for money are gambling, and poker is no exception. A little patience, a little skill, and all the other luck - that's poker!

Dorugremon

Dorugremon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The more I learn, the more I practice, the more observant I am, the "luckier" I play.

radartodd69

radartodd69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it depends on the amount of action at the table. If a lot of people are betting big preflop, you're gonna have to depend on luck. If the table is softer, you can pick up pots and create good hands that connect with the flop. I think the preflop phase of a hand determines skill or luck.

Inequitas

Inequitas

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah, lol, it pretty much is. ummm I'll post my image again I'm holding KK.

Stop when the fun stops or when you need to post 25+ Quality Replies lol

reminds me,How do i set up signature so i dont keep typing "stop when fun stops"?

Attachments

• wow hand tournament end.jpg
    wow hand tournament end.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 8
fishfood80

fishfood80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is definitely a game of skill with a hearty dose of variance "luck" thrown in. The huge number of poker training software and labs out there are your first hint at how profitable poker can be if you do your homework. I know it can feel like your unlucky at times but keep putting in the work and you'll see your hourly pick up. Long term skill crushes luck in the poker world.

J

John bruce

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Luck

The luck is hitting cards on the board or holding them. You can't win long term if you are card dead most of it. Can you still win a pot, yes. But long term if you play with bad cards you will lose. If you steal a few blinds eventually you get caught. Even get in a few bluffs. The skill is recognizing where you stand in the hand and how you sell yourself. Vice versa how well the other people can receive you. Laying down a monster is a skill alone that makes people great. Making them believe you have the monster is a skill. Does it work on everyone no. That's why people get beat in a hand by inexperienced players. They are playing there cards not the big presentation you are presenting. Money maker is a good example. No one can win a big tourney without some major luck factor.

W

whosdaboss25

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think poker is 85% skill 15% luck maybe even less then that poker is a real math edged skill
game if you don't know the maths of the game your going to be crushed in poker. odds and outs play a big roll after the flop so if you don't like that game you better be willing to shove preflop which will piss a bunch a people off if you do to much. I like odds and outs style play so I like seeing flops personally but I also like +Ev poker so I don't see flops with just any two cards they have to be positive EV cards to see the flop like AQ+ ATs+ TT+ and stuff like that
depends on position I'm in two I may get widen that range a little more in late position but not by much maybe to AT+ A8s+ and 88+ but that's about it from the late position. unless I went completely crazy or the table is just out of it's mind wild and I know I can explot it. so that where I come from when I play poker.

gjwalk

gjwalk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I'm winning it's a game of skill, when I lose it's all luck.

Top 10 Games