Which pocket pairs are you luckiest with?

vardyonfire

vardyonfire

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2 3 4 5 6 7

Let's talk about poket pairs. The ones from 99 or TT up some players will say they're very powerful, which of course is true. Many times they helped me to double my money at a cash game, or to advance in the tournament. But I like maybe more small pairs, not taken into account and if I hit the set on the flop, I can highlight both my card and my poker skill

F

Flussig

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
pocket 10s seems to be my best pair, the amount of times i've flopped sets with those is unreal!

Jogo4

Jogo4

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
luck depends on the amount of chips in my hand, but I'm usually lucky with 3/7 or 2/8. but the real luck is the J/2 cards that I almost always make fours.

N

NotADonk

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Luckiest pair ever was 99

as incredible as it seems, I hardly lose with 1010, and I hardly win with AA.

I seem to do better with KK than AA. But my luckiest pair ever was 99 at mid point in a low stakes tourney , I was slightly short stacked and 2/3rd of the table went all in, so I figured thay all had an Ace each and joined in. Made a set on the flop and quintupled up. Finished tourney in about 7th which was nice as I thought I was going out without a prize.:)

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
with 3 3 I won somehow A A and Q Q but this is such a one-time luck

Sschafell

Sschafell

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
55 is the most cracking pair!

Duxflux

Duxflux

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course, I remember the Aces the most. I would say it depends on the situation and how much you won in that specific situation. For example, I remember a pair of 6s that helped me win a tournament.

I would be interested to know how many times you have lost with aces?

kringoo

kringoo

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
9-9

I'm very lucky with 9-9
the 10-10 also hits a lot

aissam18

aissam18

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lately i won a lot of all ins with 55

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
subjectively of course) but it seems lately I often win with 99

T

Tomek416

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am pretty lucky with QQ and KK. Not so much with AA.

VGShaa

VGShaa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think there are hands that I or anyone else wins more often with. Sometimes one day I win more often with 66 or 99, the next day they lose to all hands. I remember in one tournament I never lost with 44, in another tournament I never won with kings 0 out of 4. Everything is variable.

S

ScottyDee

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pocket 2s for some reason.

afecho

afecho

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
QQ has been the pair that I have most success with. TT has also been very good to me. AA, KK, AK get my heart beating quick as soon as I see the hand and I'm not sure if that energy changes my play but I am not as successful with them as I would like to be.

After reading through these posts I really need to figure out how to better play lower pairs because I am surprised how many folks like them! I'm always learning and thinking more after reading what others have to say!

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think my luckiest hands are AA KK QQ AND THE 99 AND 33, they always don't fail me, but the hands that have failed many times are the 1010 and the JJ, that's why I always keep them in mind to always be careful.

mushthebush

mushthebush

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
My luckiest hands are totally 22 to 66, when luck is in my favour because, and trust me, whenever I win with these, it is due to pure luck hitting the set. I rarely play them and I usually play them passively.

On the other hand, I have definitely won a lot more with 1010 to AA, not by being lucky, but rather by running into others with low pocket pairs :)). Best of luck!

B

beatlebug

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My luckiest pocket pairs is Aces. These make it easy to win. Good luck to all!

Beatlebug

Ketienne

Ketienne

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Yesterday I also won a big pot with 10 10.:)

Otherwise, of course, mathematically speaking, the pocket aces are a real guarantee of success.

I think the negative memories burn themselves in even more when it doesn't work out.

For me personally, however, it really only happened very rarely that aces were cracked.

With J J, for example, I have unfortunately also made bad experiences, because the hand is often tricky to play post flop if no set is hit.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Oddly for me it would be my favorite poker hand. Pocket 6's. In my early days of playing poker they were 3 of my 1st 4 quad hands and just seamed to win a lot for me. Of course variance has changed this but I still love them

Nizar

Nizar

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me, AA is an ominous hand. I always lose with it. I remember a little bit of what I won with it, and I like QQ. It is the best hand I have a lot of times, I win with it and I don't lose.

lyki67

lyki67

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
I think it's KK. And I have very bad experiences with AK.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't have a luckiest pair, I can win or lose with any pocket pair.:D