Pocket Aces or Pocket 2's

Z

Zirkzee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pocket aces are worth a lot before the flop, while pocket 2's are only worth something if you flop a drilling with them. But drilling 2's is a respectable hand with which you definitely want to get all in. Even if there is a flush chance on the flop, drilling 2's are still a good hand because you could still get the full house. That means you should just call with pocket 2's and see if you hit the drilling. If not, your hand is worthless after the flop and you can fold. If no one has raised preflop and you are in late position, you can also raise with pocket 2's to steal the blinds or win the pot with a c-bet even though you haven't hit a drilling. With aces you have to raise preflop from every position. It's best if you get all in before the flop. Against every other pair you are 80:20 ahead. If the flop is very draw-heavy, e.g. JT8s then you want to win the pot immediately after the flop. You have to raise to protect your hand. Aces are strong, but not invulnerable. They can be overtaken. When that happens, you often lie down almost hopelessly behind, e.g. when someone gets a flush.

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Seriously, who would prefer 22 over AA´s. Why, because they are AA´s. I am I missing something here.

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
pocket aces do not get beat by much, and you wont get beat by a pair of 3's

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I definitely prefer 22 over AA. Unlike lots of people, I play 22 carefully. When it flops a set AA is going to lose a bundle.

I don't play AA too carefully and usually lose a lot with that hand (to 22, 33, 44, ..., any two suited, any/all gappers, ..., etc., etc.)

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I definitely prefer 22 over AA. Unlike lots of people, I play 22 carefully. When it flops a set AA is going to lose a bundle.

I don't play AA too carefully and usually lose a lot with that hand (to 22, 33, 44, ..., any two suited, any/all gappers, ..., etc., etc.)
I rest my case:

f2ef8c88e353cd6f90ffb67c9e9644df.png

J

Jyko3

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh this is a question for me, every time I get 2s, I go all-in and always win. regardless of what my opponents have. One time i was up against AA, and won. But every time I try to do something with pair of aces, I lose. Strange things..

AndyFio

AndyFio

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A very interesting question. Oddly enough, I'll go with AA, because it's my favorite starting card. In general, with 22 I enter the game if in the blinds, or when there are only 2 people left in the game.

G

green_ruckus

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Which do you perfer and why?

I like the question... Now that I think about it. I'd say pocket 2's because I win more with them and I loose more with bullets probably because I over play them, they are harder to fold and I'm less cautious about them.

reska11

reska11

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With 22 you should be so lucky to avoid all possible situations, especially if there are more than two players in the game.

P

PointedTip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pocket 2s are worth a lowish call to see if you hit a set, but if you miss it is all downhill from there...

D

donpiatnik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

The 22 have to be folded (preflop) in many cases... (you usually fold after the flop too) AA is always played and is obviously the best starting hand.There is no question what the answer is...

A

abs

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Easy to overplay aces. How many times have you folded them post flop?

A

alabos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
pocket aces....lollll i hate pockets 2 because all the card could be better pair for other players

KRANKES

KRANKES

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love to beat AA with deuces, but that really almost never happens, so if you ask me to wear a knife or a cruise missile, when I go to a street fight, I wish you are my opponent, hahaha

K

krism13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find this too be a silly question/thread. Who in their right mind would consider 22 too be superior? Its just not logical, Pocket Rockets all the way man.

Sulfuros001

Sulfuros001

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pocket

Of course i will prefer pocket Aces, that's literally the best cards on the game.

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello

Pocket AA because you have more winning percentage !!!

T

Tomek416

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't have much luck with pocket aces, but I still like them better than pocket twos.

H

Hemified

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love em both but nothing is garenteed until the end. I win and lose with aces all the time but still love it. Good luck and crush it.

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I leave the small pairs for late position. I love the aces more. They always aid me in a quick exit and awards a raving maniac betting Q7 offsuit to win.