... just kidding

ha ha ha

S

sryImPro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does your friend read palms, crystal balls, and talk to the dead, too? :)

hahahhaha :D...she actually study psychology,we both do :D...but no,i think she doesn't :)..not yet actually :)..anyway i think she should quit this game :)

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
hahahhaha :D...she actually study psychology,we both do :D...but no,i think she doesn't :)..not yet actually :)..anyway i think she should quit this game :)

"Quit"???? Did you say 'QUIT'? ... might be too late for that I'm afraid.

midgetfactory

midgetfactory

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Folding AA pre flop is a no no for me, unless i misclick!!!

manu994

manu994

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I did fold AA, but it was a special occassion... I was playing the ferguson satellite, 100 people win the ticket and 101 people were at that time,and I was 98/101. I obviously couldnt afford a BB, so I folded my AA and my 1010 the following hand. a guy lost right after it, so I won the ticket, thats why i guess I did the right move.

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Folded AA tonight...

10 left in a satellite, nothing for 10th and $180 seats for the top 9, I was like 6/10 and big stack raise in front of me.

D

dlam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Can't be faulted for folding AA preflop in the tournament when the conditions are not right.
I personally have never folded AA preflop but agree with some posters in tournaments situation may be the right move.
In cash games I think it's a no-no. You have to see the flop at least. Or entice the the other player to go all-in preflop, it's +EV longterm.
I have mucked AA after a flop a few times.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Haven't willingly folded AA pre, tho about 20% of the time I get em, I wish I would have.:eek: Have folded AA pre when sitting out, several times.

Have folded em post flop to special circumstance boards and bets,

Have folded AAA in razz several times, which makes me wonder just what the magic is that takes over my rational mind about AA in Holdem.:confused::confused::confused:

F

fugitive67

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Satellite when in very solid chip position late with only a few players left to be knocked out

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I've done it. Was near the bubble, the payouts didn't increase significantly until the final table and there were 3 all-ins ahead of me. If I folded, I got paid. If I played, I risked it all, and didn't add enough chips to assure me of getting paid much more than just making the money.

shuperstar

shuperstar

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I folded poket Aces at the final table because 4 others went all in ! I had to really think about my odds about winning the hand if I called , good thing I did too cause I would have lost too.

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've done it. Was near the bubble, the payouts didn't increase significantly until the final table and there were 3 all-ins ahead of me. If I folded, I got paid. If I played, I risked it all, and didn't add enough chips to assure me of getting paid much more than just making the money.

I folded poket Aces at the final table because 4 others went all in ! I had to really think about my odds about winning the hand if I called , good thing I did too cause I would have lost too.

Neither are reasons to fold, although 2nd one is probably far closer than first one given ICM - I still call tho :)

Exit141RTe1

Exit141RTe1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Boy, folding pocket aces. Only one scenario would see me think of it. Final table looming in a large tournament with a couple of all ins which seemingly would put you there.

Would have to take a deep breath to let them go.

A

aaron_jd

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would never fold AA preflop. I figure if I lose with that, KK, QQ, etc., it just wasn't meant to be.

essambb

essambb

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in tournement if the final table is on the line i would fold the AA so prevent some thing sick from happing becouse AA do lose in the other hand you may want to chip it becouse if you lose with AA then it wasnt ment to be in the final table any way

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
in tournement if the final table is on the line i would fold the AA so prevent some thing sick from happing becouse AA do lose in the other hand you may want to chip it becouse if you lose with AA then it wasnt ment to be in the final table any way

So this means you're 'FOLDING' AA?
If so, I'm hoping you're on my table in one real soon!

Misofer

Misofer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm NEVER gonna fold AA's pre-flop, NEVER. I'd rather put all my money in the middle and lose to a bad beat or runner-runner than folding.

ckingriches

ckingriches

Lucky Multiple League MVP
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hypothetical Situation - final table with 9 left, and you're below the chip average, in the big blind. Let's assume that four others betting ahead of you each go all in, and somehow you know that they had JTs, AKs, 77 and QQ, each one covering the other and the last three having you covered as well.

So you're about 43% to win the hand if you call, but you're more likely than not to lose and be out of the tourney, likely in 8th place. Let's say 7th and 8th place both pay $90, and 1st, 2nd and 3rd are $900, $600, and $400.

Do you hit the call button as fast as you can? Or do you fold hoping to move up a few places, knowing that no one but you will ever know you folded AA?

nc_royals

nc_royals

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hypothetical Situation - final table with 9 left, and you're below the chip average, in the big blind. Let's assume that four others betting ahead of you each go all in, and somehow you know that they had JTs, AKs, 77 and QQ, each one covering the other and the last three having you covered as well.

So you're about 43% to win the hand if you call, but you're more likely than not to lose and be out of the tourney, likely in 8th place. Let's say 7th and 8th place both pay $90, and 1st, 2nd and 3rd are $900, $600, and $400.

Do you hit the call button as fast as you can? Or do you fold hoping to move up a few places, knowing that no one but you will ever know you folded AA?

Only time Im folding here is if the same situation is a sattelitte and they only pay 8 spots. Otherwise Im shipping it.

F

fermented3

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
id have to agree with some of the other posts here as the only time u find me folding pocket aces would be deep in a satty when i know i got it won and on rare occasions maybe when waiting for the bubble to burst in bigger buy in games--how ever i find when u are getting near to the bubble the play tightens up so i find it better to play aggressive and steal them blinds esp the short stacks --may the flops be with u

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Ok but 'what if'.... utg opens for a raise.. UTG1 3bets 1/3 of their stack.. it'a full table, MP ships it.. HJ gets it in.. 25bb stack in CO he ships it too (or she.. we're not sure if he or she.. just cuz it's a female pic. on avatar & female name means nuthin!)... BTN shoves (tight player.. with 60bb's).. SB SNAPCALLS with 50bb's. we have 45bb's in BB.. with "AA". Do we call here in this spot? (note: we're not closing out the action here either)

waiting patiently for a response. Me & my friend are having a big argument about this one! (it just happened at a tournament we're palying at).
We're ~10players off the bubble, live tourney, top40 pd. (< not sure if that part matters). Oh yah.. kinda looks like HJ has to use the washroom so might be part of the reason behind them shippping it & SB"s wife has been phoning them constantly & can hear her voice over the speaker.

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why does it matter that we aren't closing out the action? I'm getting it in regardless. There could be 8 all ins in front of me and I'd still call without ICM considerations at a final.