Is playing poker a sin?

G

Gigio22

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm sure God had bigger things to worry about, than people playing poker.

linf

linf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
everything is good in moderation. no need to lose your head, then the game will not be able to harm you and your family. the same can be said not only for poker

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello

it is not a sin to play poker do not exaggerate it is a game and it is beautiful

P

Phyrrura

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think it's a sin because, in the end, you're not harming anyone by doing that.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good afternoon.Not at all.It´s just an amazing game that we love to play.

rdwr33

rdwr33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hi. in modern times there are many attractions to spend time with and for some people it is the way of working to support the family.

NUTSSS888

NUTSSS888

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker is not a sin

it depends on some religions that use this term as a sin, but I don't see poker as a sin, it is a game that you can play for fun or professionalism.

S

sweeper21

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think so. You can play it for fun or you can lose as much money as you want. If you play for money, just make sure you are prepared to lose. If you lose, then make sure you lose only a little, not your life savings.

G

Gameguyguru

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just had to do counseling for getting married and this is one of the things I asked my pastor �� well gambling in general and he said no. He said it can just lead to sin and doesn’t believe God would want you to throw your money away! So just win and it’s no sin hahaha

christmasscorpion

christmasscorpion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it is a difficult question to give a clear answer to, how many people have so many opinions, but I still think that playing poker and cards is a sin

MsUniverse

MsUniverse

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, if you sell your soul to the devil, it's a sin. Then yes

edenman1

edenman1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Im catholic, and gambling is ok I think, as long as it doesnt take you away from God, or something like that. Plus theres the whole forgiveness thing so my bad :)

D

darcagegns

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
“No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money." Matthew 6:24

Yes

J

johnmaltz19

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The Bible didn't mention that playing poker is a sin. As long as it doesn't take me away from God I'll keep playing the game😊

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, Everyone! I don't believe:ahhhhh:in God, therefore I think, that to play in Poker is not sin,
but gradual, consistent and permanent internal development person...:cool: That's all!
And Good Luck Everybody!;):)

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yes, of course! But is a good one as far as you don't lose all of your savings and don't compromise your espenses.:)

Last edited:
okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Yes hell awaits you:
Sunday evening our local hall was a Catholic Church, Sunday evening it was poker night, go figure.
d23eb5b4b800b70c0892aa8ffaa1bd1e.png

Z

zerosalex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
not as long as you don't cheat or steal to play poker. Or if you let your winnings lead you into a bad life. you can always make a lot of money and help people in need with the extra money you make and make your self feel the opposite of sinning by doing so.

B

BasTid

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Honestly if you believe that playing poker is a sin, then you must have a really boring life.. also WHAT ARE YOU DOING READING THIS!