Is playing poker a sin?

Szyilard

Szyilard

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi!

I think in the old days it was just a sin. Nowadays, I don’t think anyone would condemn me anymore.

pedrovitorcosta

pedrovitorcosta

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It is not a game of luck, it is almost like the stock market, strategy and understanding, so it is not a sin .... I believe.

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
People who believe in god have a question for you. Is playing poker for money a sin?

It seems to me that most likely this is a sin, I think any game for money is a sin

riff_raff312

riff_raff312

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
How can poker be a sin the church started bingo and that's all online poker is or have you never played it yet:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

The Riff_Raff :cool:

T

TpaEnforcement

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe it is not a sin ,as long as your goal is not greed. He can bless you with millions ,just need to use it for the right things. With the holly spirit you will use for right things.

gravac

gravac

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
gambling over all is a sin, depends in which religion if you are Christian, a true one, then you shouldn't play any game when is money trading.
Now remember when Christ took a strike on the money traders which were in front of the temple, another thing is that those who are "silverlovers" or in translation people which have greed for money, they will never receive holy spirit, as they are looking for material goods, not spiritual goods.
Everyone should take what think is the best for him, is not some big sin, there is rule to not do bad things to anyone as you dont want the others to do bad to you.
Respect everyone and help if you can, poker is not that big to be qualified as a death sin for your soul, as you will live by his rules and help other people when they need

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's fun. So it's probably a sin by the standards of very religious people...

But hey....

IF WE DON'T SIN THEN JESUS DIED FOR NOTHING !

We don't want to make his sacrifice useless, do we ?

Darkray

Darkray

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Since when has the game of poker been a sin?

Chief talking bull

Chief talking bull

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My father is in Heaven playing poker right now. If it's OK there then you can play on earth. Enjoy yourself.

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I believe that playing poker is not a sin, but the development of mental abilities.

nghoffman

nghoffman

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The act of playing poker itself is not a sin.. However, the type of game that the player joins (legal/illegal) or the manner in which the player's bankroll is obtained may be considered "sinful"...

arenaci

arenaci

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If someone plays poker for gambling then it should be a sin, otherwise if someone plays for plus EV then it should not be a sin..

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing poker is not a sin when it comes to religious considerations. There is nothing in the Bible about gambling or cards.

G

greengoo83

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on your community. Some will accept it and some will do the hardest brain gymnastics and interpret the bible, like they always do, to make you quit the game or other things thats makes you happy!

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Naturally a sin, it's a gamble) I'm an atheist)

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not think so. Moreover, if the game is fair, then this is, on the contrary, funny entertainment.

A

Arthur ZM

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally, I don't think it is a sin to play poker for money.

L

Leifhackman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is playing poker a sin?

Why are you asking?

And why are you asking here? In my understanding the decisive power in this question is held by other facets. And what they decide there is no instance where you could appeal.

wildwildwes

wildwildwes

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hope not

I give god 10 percent of my winnings every month

S

Szachajevy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think if you feel it like a sin then it is sin for you. But I don't think that poker can be very bad sin. It can be a big sin if it's lead to other crimes like stole money to play poker or lie to your family

magnetoak47

magnetoak47

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Could be a sin. But spread the Bible's world in exchange for money can also be a sin, I guess. "Only god can judge us"

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is a sin to break the law. What law are we breaking here? Unless of course you are in a country where gambling is prohibited.