Rachidao

Rachidao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hi everyone, what is your thoughts on playing and drinking? I fell like a little drunk I play better, agressive when have to be, don't fell like my chips are my children if you know what I mean haha. But too drunk and lost all. What's you think of playing drunk? Little or too much.

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the answer is very clear regarding this issue, it is known that playing while drunk is like throwing your money away, when a person is drunk he will make many mistakes when playing poker, we must always be aware of that.

P

plan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think a little alcohol or something else does not interfere with the game. On the contrary. A sense of proportion is important. However, it all depends on the individual.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
On the off chance that this is actually a serious question, doing this once is foolish, a second time, you have at best one problem & should stop playing.

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the answer is very clear regarding this issue, it is known that playing while drunk is like throwing your money away, when a person is drunk he will make many mistakes when playing poker, we must always be aware of that.

Yes, that's true, you will likely make more mistakes, but the only flaw in your argument is that the results don't always match the play. Sometimes you make the correct play and you lose your chips, and it works the other way around as well.

But I do agree fundamentally that if you're impaired, it will affect your decision making. If I'm playing, I don't want to be impaired.

speper

speper

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you drink you will see yourself winning in all hands and differentiate between AA and 72

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't drink alcohol so I don't know how I would play after drinking, but I don't think it's a good idea. Everything that can affect your normal behavior and your decision making it's not good combination with poker in my opinion.

N

Niykk

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I won't do it myself because when drunk I can't help it but fall asleep. It may work for some people though.
However, wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

ScooperNova

ScooperNova

Hair in a Biscuit
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It seems like you may have been drinking way too much and youre currently sitting at my 5NLO table shoving preflop every hand lol:)

pegasus888

pegasus888

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't drink alcohol.
But seems everytime I played against a drunk player I got busted.

Last edited:
A

alabos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
When i play drunk most of the time my tournament is not too long.....lollll i go on each hand and dont think when i play

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Alcohol + poker is not a very good combination, apart from the fact that it gives you courage and you risk a lot, you don't win anything else, you will get out of the table quickly!

ChubbySin

ChubbySin

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing for fun with friends with small buy ins, looks ok for me!

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Obviously, playing drunk is pointless. A drunk player has no patience and virtually no discipline. Therefore, such a game almost always leads to losses.

J

Jonex

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tried it once with a bottle of rum and passed out in the middle of a tournament, and some cash games. I didn't lose much money, but didn't won either.

Couple of beers is good for the game, it gives you focus. But don't play when you're drunk! :D

C

CrushAce8

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely not a good idea combining drinking and playing poker. While occasional wins are possible, playing while drunk will eventually lead to sorrow and losses!

N

nutself

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It's like drinking and driving. Drunk driving is likely to get you injured, but being drunk and playing poker is likely to make you lose money.

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Playing drunk you make bad decisions little reasoning so I don't recommend it hehehe :D

ATL2000

ATL2000

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can't think of many situations where playing drunk is a good idea.

Moreover, playing in a game where people were drinking heavily has led to the only physical altercation I've ever witnessed at a poker table.

T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
The best advice I can give is: Don´t drink and play!

N

Nano5722

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you want to earn something, it,s better not to drink at all. Just because this will not help. If the tournament will last too long, at some point this alcogol will make difference and you will play worse cause of that, even if at the beginning it seems, that alchogol can help you. This is not working that way.
If you want to drink something, when just play couple of freerolls or promotion tourneys with low buy-in for fun. This should help you to relax take some fun.

Mati532

Mati532

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I don't drink alcohol, so I don't know how I would play after drinking, but I don't think that's a good idea. In my opinion, anything that can affect your normal behavior and decision making is not a good combination with poker.:rolleyes:

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Playing drunk is expensive. I played drunk several times and lost my bankroll because I couldn't control my own emotions and therefore my own game.