russian players They are hard to understand

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are aggressive players from every country, but I think it depends more on the person than on the country:)

fenoz

fenoz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is no country that I do not like. There is only fortune that turns away from me)

ranynight

ranynight

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a fun one. Don't get offended, it's just a joke. Back before Pokerstars were forced to split players onto different sites due to legislation, lots of spanish etc used to play on stars. Back when I was bad, I used to hate playing Spanish. They were always "Q9o" fish.

But for fun, here is my list of countries and players

Brazil = Huge fish.
Latin America = Huge fish too. Spend too much time outside than crafting their game
USA= Mostly Huge fish too. For every pro, there are so many "I'm the sheriff in these hereeeee parts, and you won't be bluffing me today sunny jim"
Canada= HUGE fish. As bad as USA, altho I haven't played with Americans for ages since black Friday.
Thailand= Good reg. Clearly makes profit enough to fly out to Thailand to continue poker career.
China= Crazy fish, bluff loads and never fold.
Japan= Crazy fish, bluff EVEN more and never fold.
United Kingdom = Pre-corona = good. Post-Corona = Huge fish. They're all 1/2nl live "regs" who are break even/bad players live and get crushed online. Their local homegame turns out to be much easier than online and can't believe how "rigged" online is.
Austria= Aggressive, but some good players.
Denmark/Norway/Sweden/Finland = Each country gets more and more aggressive. Fins are the most crazy aggro ever. Maniac levels of bluff from them. Also balance with good players too. Players rated from "super aggro" right up to "LEEEEROYYY JENKINSS"
Spain= Huge fish like Latin America, just in Europe.
Belarus= Even their "fish" are crushing the game.
Russia= Surprisingly nitty. Do pull some crazy bluffs, but mostly they are not huge donators. They're small winning players/nits at 25nl and under.
Germany= Mix of good and bad, quite aggressive.
Eastern Europe = Mix of good and bad, mostly small winners. Can't afford to gamble like crazy idiots like some of the richer western countries.
I completely agree with ur opinion about brazil , Russia and Belarus. Bull's-eye

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
With such a huge number of players and gamblers that had been emerging nowadays worldwide, a new game style has set massively on the poker tables. 'SA' (Stupid Aggressive). They are from any country. No matter which country my table opponents are from, I want to kill'em all.

H

Hemified

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Here in the USA we have minimum places to play at live. And most are on indian reservations or in only certain states. And every1 thinks they are pro. Most people get mad because they lost.

diego farfan

diego farfan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
Where they play the lottery that I found are from Russia and Brazil

billibooo

billibooo

thudlife
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I do not hate playing anyone because they are from somewhere in particular. I find slow players are the only ones that bother me, and really it is only a little bit. I just really love this game, and the players are a part of that.

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion, there are enough inadequate players everywhere and it's stupid to hate any country because of them...

kidkarioka

kidkarioka

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a fun one. Don't get offended, it's just a joke. Back before Pokerstars were forced to split players onto different sites due to legislation, lots of spanish etc used to play on stars. Back when I was bad, I used to hate playing Spanish. They were always "Q9o" fish.

But for fun, here is my list of countries and players

Brazil = Huge fish.
Latin America = Huge fish too. Spend too much time outside than crafting their game
USA= Mostly Huge fish too. For every pro, there are so many "I'm the sheriff in these hereeeee parts, and you won't be bluffing me today sunny jim"
Canada= HUGE fish. As bad as USA, altho I haven't played with Americans for ages since black Friday.
Thailand= Good reg. Clearly makes profit enough to fly out to Thailand to continue poker career.
China= Crazy fish, bluff loads and never fold.
Japan= Crazy fish, bluff EVEN more and never fold.
United Kingdom = Pre-corona = good. Post-Corona = Huge fish. They're all 1/2nl live "regs" who are break even/bad players live and get crushed online. Their local homegame turns out to be much easier than online and can't believe how "rigged" online is.
Austria= Aggressive, but some good players.
Denmark/Norway/Sweden/Finland = Each country gets more and more aggressive. Fins are the most crazy aggro ever. Maniac levels of bluff from them. Also balance with good players too. Players rated from "super aggro" right up to "LEEEEROYYY JENKINSS"
Spain= Huge fish like Latin America, just in Europe.
Belarus= Even their "fish" are crushing the game.
Russia= Surprisingly nitty. Do pull some crazy bluffs, but mostly they are not huge donators. They're small winning players/nits at 25nl and under.
Germany= Mix of good and bad, quite aggressive.
Eastern Europe = Mix of good and bad, mostly small winners. Can't afford to gamble like crazy idiots like some of the richer western countries.

You're right.
I perceive this recreational / amateur behavior in Chinese, Japanese, Brazilian, Peruvian, Mexican players. The Germans also have this mixed game. The Russians bluff in a rush, with rare exceptions. You have to be careful. Players from Finland, sweden, Denmark and austria, play seriously. I liked your comments, as I always paid attention to the way the participants in each country play. Congratulations on your comments and good tournaments!:cool::cool::cool:

F

Freepokerfree

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all!

Good day :icon_sunn
Let go of hatred, connect with loving life, dedicate what you are passionate about.
Love poker :ah4: :D

:qc4::qh4: Queens of Nature

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
hello I think the most annoying are. the Russians since there are many and some play crazy ...

ObbleeXY

ObbleeXY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
1. Why hate a country?
2. Do you think that a country trains all its players the same way, like some sort of state sponsored poker ethics?
3. What makes you think all players from a single country play the same way? Russia is a massive country. canada too. Why would there be homogeneity in poker styles? I don't follow the logic.

with broad brush generalisations, I find only two types of player at pokerstars. Aggressive and Passive. Very few TAGS. Mostly LAGS. Most people play too many hands.

If a game becomes an all in fest, you just need to wait it out and push with your AA/KK/QQ. Sure, you'll get busted by 72o, but in the long run, you'll still win more playing AA/KK/QQ than pushing with 72o.

Don't worry about the short term. Make the right plays. Focus on long term.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
1. Why hate a country?
2. Do you think that a country trains all its players the same way, like some sort of state sponsored poker ethics?
3. What makes you think all players from a single country play the same way? Russia is a massive country. Canada too. Why would there be homogeneity in poker styles? I don't follow the logic.

with broad brush generalisations, I find only two types of player at Pokerstars. Aggressive and Passive. Very few TAGS. Mostly LAGS. Most people play too many hands.

If a game becomes an all in fest, you just need to wait it out and push with your AA/KK/QQ. Sure, you'll get busted by 72o, but in the long run, you'll still win more playing AA/KK/QQ than pushing with 72o.

Don't worry about the short term. Make the right plays. Focus on long term.
That's right.
There's no sense at all to hate any country.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i don't hate but i avoid playing against ukrainians when i can. in general eastern european players have a good level of poker play.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
i don't hate but i avoid playing against ukrainians when i can. in general eastern european players have a good level of poker play.
It's hard to avoid them. They're just at every table, at all games. Fight them all:):fight:

M

maxmaster10

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what is that?...i don`t think this refferences are good...

J

jkersten

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always lose of dutch players. (my own country).

Liedust

Liedust

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I don't know if I hate is the word I would use, but what does bother me is the amount of Russians who touch me at the tables sometimes. But I hate none.Regards.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In my point of view (MY POINT OF VIEW), despite it's not the thread aim or intention, for some, somehow, it sounds a kind of discrimination that should be avoid at any cost.
My definitive position is: I DO NOT CARE WHO IS AT THE TABLE PLAYING AGAINST ME, ALL I HAVE TO DO IS TRY TO PLAY MY BEST POKER TO BREAK THEM ALL, NO MATTER WHO THEY ARE, OR WHERE THEY'RE COME FROM.

That's it. End of story.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have long ceased to pay attention to the opponent's country. Players, good players and amateurs are scattered all over the world. Also, everything can change and from the height of the limit. And you can't judge only by freerolls and micro-stakes, at these levels only amateur players play with a small percentage of players with possible growth potential. Unfortunately, I only play at these limits so far, and at these limits up to 90% of players are players who play for fun.