Players and their countries

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
brazil - I always call their 3 bet for some reason hahaha. Dnno where they learn poker but some are quite good and some let's say they can improve, but overall decent players, especially at bigger buyins.

finland, Denmark, Iceland - bad ass players. I try not to play with them in bigger pots until I analize few hands.

austria, Hungary, UK - usually players who knows the rules of poker very good, strategicall play from this guys, but little patience especially for UK mates. But still it's fun to play with them :D

Serbia, Belarus, Rusia - damn! Hard nuts this ones, same as northern guys I try to analize their game first then I get into fight with them :D

Kazakhstan, japan, china, Maroco - lots of bluff, like Brazil fellows but easier to read. I like to play against them :D

Romania, sweden, Moldova, canada - reg players, especially at bigger tourney, I try to bluff them many times lol.

I think everyone dosent matter the country can be a though opponent but for what I encountered till now that's my statistics ;)

florestaftw

florestaftw

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I could not generalize, but it is a tendency that a BR or Russian player are very aggressive without having anything. In tournaments, preflop, the majority play all in - leaving the first stage to chance.

demibar

demibar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I like Russians players and Canandians. They playing good at their majority. But I do not mind no matter where they came from

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not that I hated it, but when I see 3-4 Belarusians at the table I feel very sad;)

W

williemays56

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
countries

i usally only play with usa players now. But before black friday i play on poker stars and russian players was tight and europe players were tight but austrailian seem loose.

leogetz79

leogetz79

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
because i dont play real money tournaments so i dont know. because you can judge the way they play when they are playing a freeroll. when i play cash games with the money i get from the freerolls they play totally diferent. and it doesnt matter their nationality

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Finland, Denmark, Iceland - bad ass players. I try not to play with them in bigger pots until I analize few hands.

So when and where you have played against people from that country i wonder :bebored:

HolePairs

HolePairs

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ive played all across canada against many nationalities. I also played in Italy when i was on the partypoker millions cruise in 2007

Adi8877

Adi8877

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Generally, I have my stereotypes, too. However, there is 2 factors, 1, who have been played before the black friday, when it was significantly different in all online poker rooms, or 2, those who started the online poker later.

Nowadays, as I play in different rooms, it is highly depends on the given room's restrictions, but still generally I think the most aggressive players are coming from US, Russia, brasil, maybe because there are many players from these countries, however - where I can see the nation, or find out from the username - I rarely meet with other nationalities, whose play same aggressive style.

P

Phyrrura

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah, I don't agree with this generalization of how people play by their country, I can point a lot of flaws. To me, this is just prejudice full of stereotypes.

There are good players and bad players from anywhere in the world.

F

FLOP KZ888

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me this is Thailand, China, Russia, Brazil :dancing2:

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is a fun one. Don't get offended, it's just a joke. Back before Pokerstars were forced to split players onto different sites due to legislation, lots of spanish etc used to play on stars. Back when I was bad, I used to hate playing Spanish. They were always "Q9o" fish.

But for fun, here is my list of countries and players

Brazil = Huge fish.
Latin America = Huge fish too. Spend too much time outside than crafting their game
USA= Mostly Huge fish too. For every pro, there are so many "I'm the sheriff in these hereeeee parts, and you won't be bluffing me today sunny jim"
Canada= HUGE fish. As bad as USA, altho I haven't played with Americans for ages since black Friday.
Thailand= Good reg. Clearly makes profit enough to fly out to Thailand to continue poker career.
China= Crazy fish, bluff loads and never fold.
Japan= Crazy fish, bluff EVEN more and never fold.
United Kingdom = Pre-corona = good. Post-Corona = Huge fish. They're all 1/2nl live "regs" who are break even/bad players live and get crushed online. Their local homegame turns out to be much easier than online and can't believe how "rigged" online is.
Austria= Aggressive, but some good players.
Denmark/Norway/Sweden/Finland = Each country gets more and more aggressive. Fins are the most crazy aggro ever. Maniac levels of bluff from them. Also balance with good players too. Players rated from "super aggro" right up to "LEEEEROYYY JENKINSS"
Spain= Huge fish like Latin America, just in Europe.
Belarus= Even their "fish" are crushing the game.
Russia= Surprisingly nitty. Do pull some crazy bluffs, but mostly they are not huge donators. They're small winning players/nits at 25nl and under.
Germany= Mix of good and bad, quite aggressive.
Eastern Europe = Mix of good and bad, mostly small winners. Can't afford to gamble like crazy idiots like some of the richer western countries.

wow!!!!!
who´s left from yr breakdown?
i wonder
but do not agree
rgds

jcxmendes

jcxmendes

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't hate any, I just pay attention to any player at my table!

Geyomobama

Geyomobama

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use to look at names and countries...nowadays I dont even remember players names. Maybe Im getting tired...i need a W

PokStorm

PokStorm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Relying on the country to judge players is like judging people based on their clothes. There are good players all over the place today, you just have to look on this forum, there are some from all origins and many are not bad. :rolleyes:

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So when and where you have played against people from that country i wonder :bebored:

pokerstars. When? I can't remember. But was this year. They pretty rare I give you that, if you refear at Iceland. For some reason you sounded like an FBI agent, hope they legal to play poker :rolleyes:

Mati532

Mati532

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Brazilian and Russian players play more aggressive and brag more

T

tamara822

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't say that I hate players from a certain country, I don't think it's correct.Why would anyone hate their teammates ?! The only difference between us is the style of play. Someone plays more aggressively, someone more passively ... depending on the player to player. I think it would be nice to see poker as a game as a whole, not as individual players.

rdwr33

rdwr33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hi. not that I hate it, but I don't like Russian players very much.

adriantempo

adriantempo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Many people will say Brazil and Russia, but those are also countries with more players, so everything is amplified.
Maybe country X has the most aggresive players, but because they are so few in game, you don't notice, and you only notice the aggression of the people you encounter more frequently, makes sense ? That's why Brazil and Russia have aggressive players. Because they have... more players.

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Russians are tough players. So are Ukrainians. Mostly.

mervin88

mervin88

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Russians, no idea why all of them are so AGGRO

S

samsonand

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
From Bolivia I send all of you dear friend pokerteros my best wishes at all times and hopefully after all this time everything goes well and that nothing bad happens with the sport that we love so much

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
Hi Friend.

I don't hate a specific country, but I meet Russians and Brazilians a lot and they play well.