Player says thanks after winning a big pot

SaintNick1968

SaintNick1968

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah it happens occasionally and it is poor behaviour but in my opinion it’s best just to ignore it completely. It’ll just distract you from the game to think about it or respond to it. Just make a note that they’re probably on tilt/playing badly and move on. If it’s really bad then you can choose to report the player to support and they’ll probably get muted.

M

martina pinto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you have to learn to deal with those players who want to use cheap psychology to try to persuade us .. how to see where you are and thus offend us either by our country or a soccer player .. because in general football always appears at the tables too .. I sometimes deactivate chat because it distracts me further than there are times I do not like verbal aggression .. and if it is really very offensive you have screenshots and send an email to the room since that is totally forbidden, only that nobody denounces

Tony Vayer

Tony Vayer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is not an insult. The fact that you then ravaged him is a good answer.

F

felipeanicio

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My chat is disabled so I do not have to.

Vilgeoforc

Vilgeoforc

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, if you're just being thanked for the chips, I don't consider that a personal insult. It's bad that you want revenge after these words. It is a sign of tilt.

F

felipeanicio

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The intention is to mess with your emotional that is already shaken after bad bet, is part of the game.

R

RUNONWON09

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Players who act like that don't respect the game as you do. It's actually a sign of weakness on his part. Losing a tough pot is hard enough. He knows that. So, when he intentionally tries to make you feel even worse by saying, "ty" or whatever. It's a sign that he's threatend by you. And he wants you off your game. Why? He can't beat you straight up. When you realize that, the joke is on him. I would respond to his antics. I'd say "nice hand," with a smile. Let him be the ass at the table.

Nintendo

Nintendo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yea sometimes I hear people say "thanks for calling" meaning they thought it was a bad call.

invisible10

invisible10

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
is kind of bad poker etiquette but you shouldn't find offensive , only bad players would say thanks after winning a pot especially after a bad beat , so keep them happy and take their chips later :)

Herkstwin

Herkstwin

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I like kraemer's response - use the 'tks' at appropriate times. Someone betting into obvious winners deserves a thank you for their generous donation.

K

kapobar

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is rude and this can say only fishes who get lucky, especially if you had badbeat

W

williamsc99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you rewrite what he said you just confirmed that he was able to take his concentration. When I play I disable all the chats to keep me focused only on the hand and its readings, although if I see someone talking in the chat for not carelessness have blocked I always consider weakness and lack of concentration. I do not like the story of the deaf frog who did not listen to the others telling him to give up and won the race

Nathan Williams

Nathan Williams

Poker Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ya sure that is a pretty douchey thing to say. This is why I almost always have the chat turned off. Just not worth it for me.

trippin

trippin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I stay silent rather I win or lose, if someone wants to be rude,ect then all is fair I am captain A hole.

A

agriggy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only accept it when someone says nice hand.

elizeuof

elizeuof

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've seen a lot of people say stuff like that, but now I also say that, but I never thought it was offensive, and I do not even know much about the etiquette of poker games.

I write GL, GG, NH, Thankyou, NF, you're welcome, lucky, and the like.

M

MstrBlast3r

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you guys find it offensive when someone says something like "HIHI thanks" after taking a pot specially when you got bad beat to him? Cause I find it offensive but I made my revenge when I busted all his chips and told him thanks too.

I don’t ... just have to take it in stride. People say all kinds of things don’t let there words impact you one way or another.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its better to be mocked by a fool, than praised by one.

J

janisromanov

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is unethical enough, such ones need to be punished)

bruno13xs

bruno13xs

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I usually do not care what they write in the chat focus on my game

N

NBB

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you guys find it offensive when someone says something like "HIHI thanks" after taking a pot specially when you got bad beat to him? Cause I find it offensive but I made my revenge when I busted all his chips and told him thanks too.
What is this world coming to?

Poker is more than just a game of skill with a bitof random luck thrown into the mix [At least in live games] but when playing online the bit becomes a CHUNCK of luck

A number of poker players, both professional but more-so with armatures, use trash-talking as a tool for their advantage in the game.

To complain like a little girl just because your feelings were hurt by someone teasing you when they sucked out on winning a pot against you is so childish.

Your mental energies would be best utilized focusing on the game and less on what any player may or may not say during a hand ….[IMHO]

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it is offensive, its like a polite way to insult the other player and Im not ok with it ;)

R

rmcneice

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just ignore chat except in a cash game if a couple of players are actually using it to communicate with.

A

Amdrius

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

If such actions of your opponents lead you out of psychological balance, then why do not you just disconnect the chat? If you do not turn it off, then treat everything with humor, firstly - this is a game; secondly, if you had a stronger hand, - smile, you did everything right.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
Honestly, I am usually so focused on the game that I just do not pay attention to the comments in chat.