Herkstwin

Herkstwin

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Most of the chat comments are humorous. A few can be jerks, which I sometimes respond to with something witty or funny, or maybe sarcastic (but not disrespectful) if it does not take away from my play of the game.

R

raymondzav

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its offensive, to say that. When i do win a big pot I don't say a word, just keep playing, some players do say lots of things or even make fun of the person its rude.

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yeah the hearing hehe thanks for the chips does leave a burn.I personally enjoy critiqueing a hand making my opponents feel like there playing to loose and might help my bluff% success a wee bit more

K

KevinLee

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I first started playing it used to tilt me. Now, it doesn't bother me and if it started bothering me then I would turn chat off.

H

Hansadsa

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
<< HIHI thanks >> I do not pay attention to this, when I win from someone who wrote this, too, I write to him << HIHI thanks >>.

S

shair

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if it is freerol tournament, i dont chat.

B

Badbunny

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hahah yeah i did see dat too and sometime i did done too but u know i do it only because at the table coming to much dunk and when u say " thanks " or something like dat they will make u allin and that is good cuz they are playing with ur Mind.

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I find the comments people make hilarious. I have seen the one mentioned at the beginning of this thread often. If it happens to me I will either ignore it, or respond with "...I am only here to make you rich..." or some such variant. But like Kraemer commented some people can have their play effected by chat, and that has been me in the past. IT took me awhile to get my head out of my ass and recognize it for what it is.

If you can use it as a tool great! otherwise ignore it, just my opinion.

J

Jordenandrew

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I see some one do that and call the person a fish then when I have a hand strong enough I shove and once he calls and is out I say thank fish back to piss him off.

molodoi3000

molodoi3000

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I win a hand stronger than mine, too I write thanks for chips fish)))

Pokerguy6666

Pokerguy6666

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I also think it is disrespectful. When I see someone do that I always say to myself: "he would not do that in a real person tournament", the expression "telephone tough guy" comes to mind.

ledsmith

ledsmith

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I never answer. Let them write ...

N

naddyone

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
most of the time I just change chat box to stats so I dont have to be bothered by such stupidity.

oneloy

oneloy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LOL. It's very simple! Take and turn off the chat))) and no you will never dare to offend)))

Fresher1999

Fresher1999

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You're just too emotional, take everything calmer

M

mayoroftittycity

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on the person. I think most amateurs may do it or say something else like "sorry" because they feel a bit uncomfortable taking someone else's money. I generally encourage them. Even if someone is being a jerk about it, getting upset isn't goign to help anything. If anything, it will throw you off. The key to making money in this game is to keep the bad players coming back

P

PKRNRS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Online I rarely look at the chat. At live table I don't pay a whole lot of attention due mainly because I can't really hear that well. I've said it myself before. I wouldn't find it offensive if said to me. I'm not worried about ones little side comments unless they start into me tryouts no to tilt me or saying something personal about me over and over. Which I have never run across in live play. Online however players can be really rude because they don't have to answer to their smart mouths.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I do not care what the player says when he has won a big pot. I'm more interested in my winnings and my bank.
Good luck.

S

shadow72

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I rarely have the chat window open when I'm playing - I prefer to have stats windows open instead as they are much more useful to me.

If I did happen to see someone saying that to me after winning a hand, I wouldn't even think twice about it. Someone who does that is looking for an angry response from you and now they know you are on tilt.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some people are just unkind, other are trying to tilt you but in any case i do not respond to such words addressed to me. I read the chat but never reply to such provocations as this is just exactly what they want to see. If someone is too abusive i just block messages from him or turn off the chat for a few minutes. Replying to such players takes your time, lowers your concentration and makes your gameplay worse.

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thx

It is not necessary to rub in a win. I find it rude and don't care for it at all.

Spaceman

Spaceman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I use the chat a lot when I play. I use it as live players use table talk. To establish connections and sell an image or anything to exploit later. Or just for fun really.

I am so gullible that I say gg or nh and mean it. Althought I also say gg to anyone who donks me with 2 7. I even had sincerely said thank you to a big stack that folded when it was nothing to call my shove and throw me out of the tourney, cause I really thought he just spared me.

But yeah, I also find those who say 'thank you' when they take a big pot from you to tilt you.

The best thing you can do is to not give a damn.
The second best is to wait for a premium hand, stack them off and say thank you! Priceless feeling....

SageSight

SageSight

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe in being polite at the poker table. Being rude often does not work to put the best players on tilt and is not only a bad strategy but is also dishonorable to use since it can create of good deal of disharmony for no good reason. Most good players and veterans I play with are usually polite or at least follow some form of the general path of the unspoken poker-chivalry-code.

bbennie1

bbennie1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually it's good when somebody says it because it tells you more about that person. You should not react to it so that the person doesn't even know if you read it.