people being jerks at the table

B

bringmethecards

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel people who talk crap at the tables are just trying to get under ur skin I try and block chat most of the time so they dont get in my head !!

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hellmuth is a very passionate player... Passion and dedication is what has allowed him to win 12 bracelets. If you do not have that kind of ambition in what you do or what you are trying to accomplish you will never succeed.

Uhhhhhhh rly??? I get where you are going here, but maybe going....overboard a bit???

The best in the world are totally committed and passionate. The pretty fuking good may have many areas of their lives they focus on beside their occupation or passion or whatever - family, friends, charities - and are fine with not being the best, just better than most.

G

GambleOnRose

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Some people do need to let off the steam. some people aren't good players so they do it to put you on tilt. Either way, if you keep your cool, it will hurt them more than you. I know you know that already :)

fozziethebear

fozziethebear

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One of the reasons I miss online poker is playing live I have to deal with a bunch of idiots. At least on the internet its easy to completely ignore them.

jazzaxe

jazzaxe

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I know where the OP is coming from. I used to feel that I needed a response but found out later that it rarely does any good. The anonymity of the internet gives some of us a little false courage. I save my comments for the forum and don't chat too much other than to acknowledge a compliment.

Nathan Williams

Nathan Williams

Poker Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Chat off all the time. Poker is business, not there to socialize. Don't buy the argument that you are missing out on "tells." It's never hurt me much AFAIK.

BigCountryAA

BigCountryAA

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Chat off all the time. Poker is business, not there to socialize. Don't buy the argument that you are missing out on "tells." It's never hurt me much AFAIK.

This. I don't normally turn chat off at first but If the trash talk starts I usually do it immediately. I don't want to lose my concentration by letting someone make me want to take them out.

Not that I don't want to take them out, it just leads to trying to take them out with a marginal hand and giving them more to talk about when they wake up with K's at that very moment.

tbdbitl

tbdbitl

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
One of the reasons I miss online poker is playing live I have to deal with a bunch of idiots. At least on the internet its easy to completely ignore them.
Yeah in a live game I have a really hard time not literally LOL when I hear some of the things that these people say. But, then again it's much easier to know who is steaming and about to implode in a live game.

C

CANDYMAN1414

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel talking trash is part of my game, if youll listen I can talk you out of yours. I played professional baseball and football in college and trash talking can both bother your opponent and help your game. Besides it helps pass the time and some of the comments are just plain funny.

C

CANDYMAN1414

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As a side note Im not a full time player like most of u and know Ill take some flak for this but if it bothers you, them Ive made my previous point.

ovitoo

ovitoo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I feel talking trash is part of my game, if youll listen I can talk you out of yours. I played professional baseball and football in college and trash talking can both bother your opponent and help your game. Besides it helps pass the time and some of the comments are just plain funny.
Since you like trash talk so much ill comment...."I played professional baseball and football...in college." hahah. If trash talking "passes time" I think that speaks for your character. Try to study hand histories, check stats (get better). Imo trash talking can only accomplish 2 things. Putting someone on tilt (not to say you will be the one that will get their money). The other is that you can tt all you want and all you're goin to do is shorten your range. You constantly run your mouth and you better have it when you get it in bc it puts a target on your head. Ppl want you off the table.

C

CANDYMAN1414

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Since you like trash talk so much ill comment...."I played professional baseball and football...in college." hahah. If trash talking "passes time" I think that speaks for your character. Try to study hand histories, check stats (get better). Imo trash talking can only accomplish 2 things. Putting someone on tilt (not to say you will be the one that will get their money). The other is that you can tt all you want and all you're goin to do is shorten your range. You constantly run your mouth and you better have it when you get it in bc it puts a target on your head. Ppl want you off the table.
I dont play poker hardcore like Im guessing you claim to. I have just enough time to play once a week or once evey 2 weeks with a job and 2 kids. But as my last statement said .. You just made my point.:D

C

CANDYMAN1414

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not even playing against you and your shook. hahahahahahahaa

ovitoo

ovitoo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I dont play poker hardcore like Im guessing you claim to. I have just enough time to play once a week or once evey 2 weeks with a job and 2 kids. But as my last statement said .. You just made my point.:D

Not even playing against you and your shook. hahahahahahahaa
Thanks for saying you aren't a poker player. I wasn't aware. Any normal person would have taken what I said as advice. "If you tt...this will happen." Not sure how you think you have me 'shook'. I'm in no way angered by your statements. I know you are new here but when you post about the benefits of tt, you will get responses on the neg's of tt. If you're sensitive to opposition. You're in the wrong place.

C

CANDYMAN1414

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for saying you aren't a poker player. I wasn't aware. Any normal person would have taken what I said as advice. "If you tt...this will happen." Not sure how you think you have me 'shook'. I'm in no way angered by your statements. I know you are new here but when you post about the benefits of tt, you will get responses on the neg's of tt. If you're sensitive to opposition. You're in the wrong place.
I think I need to explain better. Im not upset at all about your comment. And the advise you give is good for some people but not all. I actually fight for a living. And talking trash is a big big part of what I do. It is kind of hard not to do it after college and pro sports and now doing what I do. Its actually encouraged in my profession to , Id guess youd say, spark more interest in the fights. So Ive done it so long it doesnt take away from my performance but elevates it. And I dont tt every time I play. I just return the favor instead of sitting idolly by. And no I dont threaten people because of my size or ability, its not like that. I consider it almost like telling jokes at the table. Does this help any?

C

CANDYMAN1414

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
kind of puts me at ease more since I dont play day in and day out knowing there is a lightened attitude at the table. Even though some would this it more hostile.

ovitoo

ovitoo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I think I need to explain better. Im not upset at all about your comment. And the advise you give is good for some people but not all. I actually fight for a living. And talking trash is a big big part of what I do. It is kind of hard not to do it after college and pro sports and now doing what I do. Its actually encouraged in my profession to , Id guess youd say, spark more interest in the fights. So Ive done it so long it doesnt take away from my performance but elevates it. And I dont tt every time I play. I just return the favor instead of sitting idolly by. And no I dont threaten people because of my size or ability, its not like that. I consider it almost like telling jokes at the table. Does this help any?
I guess I understand were you're coming from if you are fighter. Conflict is probably instinctive. Perhaps you have an edge on the average tt'er. I kno its part of the game and I can deal with it. Just my 2 cents. I have a good respect for fighters. I used to train too. Pic of me and Randy in this thread https://www.cardschat.com/forum/community-hangout-4/putting-some-faces-names-212541/index3.html

E

emirlidan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if you reply you feed them just keep quiet until you knock them out

C

CANDYMAN1414

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess I understand were you're coming from if you are fighter. Conflict is probably instinctive. Perhaps you have an edge on the average tt'er. I kno its part of the game and I can deal with it. Just my 2 cents. I have a good respect for fighters. I used to train too. Pic of me and Randy in this thread https://www.cardschat.com/forum/community-hangout-4/putting-some-faces-names-212541/index3.html
funny thing here, the first pic I say was the keg stand and first though was, "the natural holding your legs for natural light?" but I scrolled down. Mutal respect from me. I really wish I had more time for poker but right now its a way to relax and blow off steam.

ovitoo

ovitoo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
"the natural holding your legs for natural light?"
Hahahah... well thank you sir. Best thing you can do now is look for strategy from top players (not saying that is me) and wait for a big win that might allow you to play more. GL man. At the table and in the ring.

E

Eclipsenz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't normally talk but if someone does a loose call or does something retarded I won't hesitate to put my 2 cents in.

B

Big_Rudy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yep. Always a good plan to let the poor players know they're playing poorly.:confused:

H

HotShotX

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually poke fun at them to see if I can force a tilt. The most common lines of attack are directed at those who think the site is rigged, who are then met with replies of:

"Real smart of you to put your money into a rigged site."
or
"You must feel REALLY entitled to think that the site is rigged just because you lost."