black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
How much have you learned to do on a break from poker?
I usually take a break 2 days a week. This time is actually enough for me to rest and regain my form. Playing after a break always gives me more fun and I get better results.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
during my poker break, I have time to pour myself tea, bring me some food and do a couple of sit-ups and sit back at the table and start playing right away:)

Luka22guro

Luka22guro

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually take a break 2 days a week. This time is actually enough for me to rest and regain my form. Playing after a break always gives me more fun and I get better results.
on account of this, I agree with you that constantly playing poker puts a lot of strain on yourself. But maybe I did not express myself correctly, maybe you did not understand correctly, I spoke during a pause during the game at 6 minutes :D

during my poker break I have time to pour myself some tea, bring some food, do some squats, sit at the table and start playing right away:)
and even if there is a prize table, during this time you can “fly into space” ^_^

Academico

Academico

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
very little really, I didn't like to take long breaks because I feel like I'm losing my rhythm, a rhythm that I feel is going dizzyingly, the times I paused in poker when I resumed the game I felt that I had lost a lot of ground

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
really brother little rest I take.
Sometimes I should do it because of my eyesight, I get quite tired
Cheers:):):):giggle::giggle::giggle:

Lipki3

Lipki3

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Sometimes I pause so as not to lose interest in the game. If you engage in any activity without interruption for a long time, interest disappears, at least for me

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I take a break from poker, I usually forget about poker at all. I don't study the game or watch videos about poker. I just use the time to relax and come back more focused.

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Better to take a break and avoid burn out. Poker should be fun to play.

nerobs9

nerobs9

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Hi, friend!
Sometimes you need to take a break from poker)

In breaks from the game, I began to learn English little by little :cool:

722Wade722

722Wade722

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Lol poker is my break from my busy day, I prioritize time with my kids, I’ll play drums, make food etc. I’m always itching to jump in and play when I can! If it was my primary income source it may be a bit different, for now it’s just my favourite hobby that I play as often as my schedule will allow.

Leandro6803

Leandro6803

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually drink and meditate and walk a few steps.

HTML

HTML

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TM
Chips
I take a break when I have no money

kitchy65

kitchy65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I go to the toilet, make a brew...a sandwich and a casual smoke.

I'm taking my first bite of the sandwich as the play continues

RoviP

RoviP

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Lol poker is my break from my busy day, I prioritize time with my kids, I’ll play drums, make food etc. I’m always itching to jump in and play when I can! If it was my primary income source it may be a bit different, for now it’s just my favourite hobby that I play as often as my schedule will allow.
I've been following your progress on cardschat and I saw that you achieved Platinum status in the last 24 hours, congratulations my friend!

722Wade722

722Wade722

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I've been following your progress on cardschat and I saw that you achieved Platinum status in the last 24 hours, congratulations my friend!
Thank you, I appreciate it. Hopefully you’ll be there soon too. You’ve been very positive and a welcome contributor here, a real role model for US poker lovers. I’m excited to follow your progress and transition to focusing on your poker profession! Keep up posted and all the best my friend!

meagain00

meagain00

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Break in poker is a individual case.

Some people can play for months, maybe years and aren't affected by anything. Others can get nervous only in a couple of minutes, specialy when taking a bad beat.

I think the most crucial thing is to know first is poker for you is a hoppy, a profitable hobby or a profession. For the first two cases, you can define breaks as soon as you want, everytime.

When playing poker as a professional, your routine must consider some breaks, sometimes to study, or meditation, or just to mantain your mental health. It has to be part of the pro's behaviour.

We have to understand that our life, mental health, wellness, social relations and routine cannot be affected negatively by poker. Even if it`s a hobby or your job, you must stay calm.

Make a plan including to play in a schema of 5 days in a row for the max, and take 2 days off, enjoy your family, listen to some music, visit some different places, free your mind. You'll see how better you will come back to the game.

GL all.

meagain00

S

samuri

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Since I am out of the country I take a 6 months break

888NOX888

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Breaks in the poker game are usually when I have a lot of work, you can't learn a lot there, everything is monotonous.

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I dont really take breaks, I play as often as I can, it's my way to relax/unwind after a hard days work!

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I run to let the dogs out, the bathroom, let the dogs in, make coffee.... maybe some toast:cool:!

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I walk like a madman around the house for these 5 minutes. Then get back to the game ready to get owned like never before.

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
During a break i use to go outside for smoke a cigarette also bring something to drink. It's not much time so i think that's all.