Pause in poker

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That 5-minute break is really necessary. You can go to the bathroom, you can relax your mind or even have a glass of something.

mateuszjason

mateuszjason

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
a break of 2-3 days works well for me. after such a time I am hungry to play and I am committed and concentrated to play my best game

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you play poker online, then the best option for you is always to plan to wager a certain number of hands per session. This is the goal that many regulars set for themselves. Why does it work so effectively? So you will have a clear and unambiguous goal that must be fulfilled. You see how many hands you still need to play, and you will have a specific moment to stop the game and end the session.

exer888

exer888

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SK
Chips
I rest from poker when I go to sleep. :D Thats the only time i dont think and dont play poker .

P

pokerD

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
During breaks, I usually get a snack and do my “thing” :D

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes you have to take a break from poker, and spend more time with your family.

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
In my case I have not taken breaks from poker because I play few days, perhaps this is what has helped me not to get bored of poker

A

arshuns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
If you play for fun, you don't need breaks. If you play poker to earn money, then of course you need to regulate the playing time. Otherwise, you can lose your health and money.

JEANPARANA89

JEANPARANA89

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
PE
Chips
I don't take breaks, I know it's bad, but I love poker, it entertains me, like you can't imagine, I play it practically every day after work, but if it happens to me that because I work away from home for a while I stop playing it for a while, an estimated time of 2 years on two occasions. But if you talk about the 5-minute breaks, they fly by and if the break is when there are only a few left for the final table, I always go out and stretch my legs, take a breath and that's enough for another hour of session 😊👍

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can only play poker on the weekends, so I have a 5 day break from poker.:)

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes. Pause between games using for self-study. Helps.

F

Foxie12340

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How much have you learned to do on a break from poker?
On a poker break I get up and moving around usually a trip to the bathroom and a smoke. Usually smoke first cause it’s more important 🤣🤣

rdwr33

rdwr33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
unfortunately on the breaks i took i got away from all of poker. What I've learned is that I need to keep playing and also participating in the CC community.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I never stopped to study, but for mental rest.

I always studied after games. What I learned, I put into practice the next day, it worked for me.

Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
At the moment, I often take forced breaks due to problems with communication and electricity. Before, before the war in Ukraine, I played much more often. In general, I took breaks 1-2 days a week.

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the ideal is to review your game, the decisions you made and see what you can continue to improve on, there will always be something to improve and learn, also clear your mind to return with the desire to continue playing

hennessy5

hennessy5

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
Everytime i notice im getting annoyed and making bad decisions I decide to take a break

Dimidrol2

Dimidrol2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
As practice has shown, in a six-minute break, you can do everything that is necessary for further play)

davidsincara

davidsincara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i learned to play drums , basic stuff, but lots of fun too

T

tiptools

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I usually take a break from poker on the weekends to spend time with loved ones :)

staytrue001

staytrue001

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Break its good for everyone sports, for poker too

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I have never taken a break from poker because my game is not going well, the only break I take is when I go on vacation with my family, travel...