Open-Face Chinese Poker

Spaceman

Spaceman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Couldnt understand it from written instructions, it seemed way too complicated. Searched Youtube and end up watching a video with Gus Hansen showing how to play this game, and it feels fun to be honest.

Although, I am still confused, is there any betting going on? Didnt find that on the video or the article.

I think it takes more skill than luck compared to holdem and I like that, although playinggameswithu comment that this game is already solved is never something good.

Last edited:
ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I had never heard of this type of poker, it's the first time I hear it, I play it would be interesting, especially because I like other types of poker such as badugi 2 and 7 single draw.

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Couldnt understand it from written instructions, it seemed way too complicated. Searched Youtube and end up watching a video with Gus Hansen showing how to play this game, and it feels fun to be honest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWonhBsXQ-o

Although, I am still confused, is there any betting going on? Didnt find that on the video or the article.

I think it takes more skill than luck compared to holdem and I like that, although playinggameswithu comment that this game is already solved is never something good.
did not know how to play it until watched this utube clip thanks for posting learn something new every day:)

vovqa93

vovqa93

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
About Pineapple

This game is very interesting, but unfortunately not for me. I am struggling at 6-8 tables NLH/PLO, when I need to pick timings/lines and observe same little important things, pineapple takes some time , where I need to summ points and missed cards. Can't handle it, only few tables maybe, without playing another games.. I think it's good game for home games!!:rolleyes:

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
I did not even have any idea that this kind of game existed ... it seems interesting however I have all my energies in open day to day to play and improve in Holdem since it is my favorite game ..!

Bev

Bev

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Have any of you ever played Open Face Chinese Poker? I absolutely love the game but haven't played in years. Joe and I had an app that we used and he always kicked my butt - but the app was so buggy we finally just quit playing.

I am curious if it is still popular - I don't hear as much about it anymore. Here is an article we can read and discuss:

Open-Face Chinese Poker

Let me know what you think about this game!

fdc13603d964aa3cbe08a82f831dbccb.png

This is one I have never played . I saw it mentioned somewhere in the forum. But at the time there wasn't any description of it.
It sounds interesting .I will check it out sometime. I won't be able to play it on an App - no cell phone :(
Otherwise , it sounds like a great way to play and not worry about cash.

mtl mile end

mtl mile end

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Open Face Chinese Poker (sometimes called "Pineapple") is an interesting game. He has his own strategy and requires a certain skill for the game. So this is really a game of skill. However, he has several points that probably hamper his popularity:

open face Chinese and Pineapple Open Face Chinese are two variants of open face chinese poker. Pineapple, Crazy Pineapple, and Crazy Pineapple Hi Lo are three variants of Pineapple. These are two different kinds of game (OFC and Pineapple). I wonder why anyone ever chose "Pineapple" as the name of a card game. I really wonder why someone then chose to apply the name to two such very different forms of game.

oriole

oriole

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I tried it some time ago. OFC is fun because it's more like a puzzle game than a poker card game. I wouldn't bet money on it though, it's like PLO on acid.

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Open Face Chinese and Pineapple Open Face Chinese are two variants of Open Face Chinese Poker. Pineapple, Crazy Pineapple, and Crazy Pineapple Hi Lo are three variants of Pineapple. These are two different kinds of game (OFC and Pineapple). I wonder why anyone ever chose "Pineapple" as the name of a card game. I really wonder why someone then chose to apply the name to two such very different forms of game.

Maybe it's really two different games (although I think that these are very similar games with a few exceptions - Fantasy is played differently). In any case, in two different poker rooms, in which I saw OFPC - the game was called "Pineapple" and passed by the same rules. Perhaps there are still some options for this game... In any case - it's an interesting game.

But I wait for pokerstars to see Holdem with a short pack of 36 cards (on the iPoker network this is called 6+ Hold'em). I think it's good for a good player to be able to play different kinds of poker (and not just poker). This develops thinking and teaches us to find non-standard strategies for victory.

sryulaw

sryulaw

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've never heard of it .. this is news to me, I just do not understand about the score, who marks them, I who should keep them, or the deal goes by scoring the score of each player, I was confused in this part .. Eu I prefer to continue with my poker texas holdem myself, in this I am well ^^

PsychoVas

PsychoVas

What The Duck???
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I had heard of it, but never bothered to learn about it. And wise decision that was...
I mean it is so complicated that it makes "hearts" or "pinacle" look like "go fish"!
Way too complicated for this old, overworked( and overboozed) brain of mine.
I have to admit that the article was an interesting read though.

B

Badbunny

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the truth I never heard the mode of Chinese poker but it sounds interesting and now that I think insurance is more complicated to learn than Texas Hold'em, because you do not want or base of Texas is very simple compared to the Chinese. how difficult is mastering it.

S

step055

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven't heard about this variant of Poker) It seems to me that it's not very popular in Russia. But I have read a description and to my mind it is very interesting to try playing Open Face Chinese Poker. I am not sure that I am ready to invest money there but I am ready to try this variant of Poker)))

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I didn`t know this kind of poker, but it looks interesting. It is more complicated from texas holdem, which makes texas holdem more exciting.

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
No

No, I haven't played the game yet. I have heard it is very fun. I look forward to playing it soon.

A

awkplayer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love this mode of poker, it's a lot of fun, but I think in this mode, however many strategies there are to play, luck is a predominant factor.

Vorem

Vorem

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've never played other kinds of poker except hold'em. I think that I have to study a lot more information on hold'em, so I do not want to waste time on other types of poker.
I'm sure that they are also quite interesting, maybe someday I will be interested in them too

lilu80

lilu80

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
The game OFC is interesting and requires a lot of logical thinking. Unfortunately, low online is currently available. I know only one poker room with this game. It would be great if PokerStars and partypoker decided to add OFC!

ZenGreen

ZenGreen

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
SO WHAT DO THEY CALL POKER IN CHINA then LOL ellen 1992 - I got nothing to add here, I can barely play holdem and not these carnival games

C

chronical

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never played it 1 =)
Heard of it, read about it... never played. Looks like an intersting read, the article I mean. But beyond that I dont think I will be going out of my way to "strategize-up" this game.
That being said I agree with Andrew Popov I would like to see more and more games introduced to PS client... not PS exclusevely but I think you see the point... and maybe not "pineapple" if I remeber correctley I "heard" the thу game is calculateble EZ. Dont know how much of that is true doe +)

vladloza

vladloza

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Having read the article, you understand how varied poker is, and how it develops in different parts of the world in different ways. Of course, in order to evaluate the full extent of Chinese poker, you should at least try to play, because when you read the rules cautiously, you do not catch all the nuances of the game. But again, in order to understand it more deeply, the game should like immediately, and when there is already a favorite unlimited Hold'em it is difficult to decide to try something new for yourself, although why not))

T

Top Top

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is the first time I hear about the Chinese Open Face poker game and as per what was shared on the article this game is really hard to play.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
About five years a back Opened-Faced Chinese Poker was the craze. All the of the top poker pros where playing it. I had app that I used to play it on and it was interesting for me at first. I don't play it anymore.

Aristodemus_

Aristodemus_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had never even heard of this type of poker before. I should really try playing more types than just hold em, and this type looks interesting. Quite complex too, but fun at the same time.

BentleyBoy

BentleyBoy

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Great article. While I have heard of OFCP, I have never, until today, taken any time to consider how it is played and what is involved. Having rad the article and the scoring process, as well as the example hands (which I found really useful) I fully intend to get the family around the table and give it a go. It all sounds a bit complicated in terms of point scoring but I am sure it will all work out easy enough in the end.

Thanks CC