*****October-fest Poker Chat Thread!******

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well i'll have a beer with you now, but I'll be leaving soon :)

Munchrs

Munchrs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you want to get free monies PM me!!

jj ;)

Hows everyones month so far?

Monoxide

Monoxide

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pretty good.... up $1700 for october but was at $2400.... downswing of 5bi plus giving away $200 to 2+2 scammer

F

feitr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
good day, all HU.

Last guy was solid lag, but spewed a little and was obviously tilting as I picked up like a million hands vs his second best hands/bluffs.

PokerStars Game #21279720986: Hold'em No Limit ($0.50/$1.00) - 2008/10/17 20:20:37 ET
Table 'Cydonia' 2-max Seat #2 is the button
Seat 1: ChuckTs ($310.45 in chips)
Seat 2: num1kill ($100.50 in chips)
num1kill: posts small blind $0.50
ChuckTs: posts big blind $1
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to ChuckTs [7s Ts]
num1kill: raises $2 to $3
ChuckTs: raises $8 to $11
num1kill: calls $8
*** FLOP *** [7h 4s 2c]
ChuckTs: bets $15
num1kill: calls $15
*** TURN *** [7h 4s 2c] Q♦
ChuckTs: checks
num1kill: bets $20
ChuckTs: calls $20
*** RIVER *** [7h 4s 2c Qd] 8♣
ChuckTs: checks
num1kill: bets $40
ChuckTs: calls $40
*** SHOW DOWN ***
num1kill: shows [6c Ac] (high card Ace)
ChuckTs: shows [7s Ts] (a pair of Sevens)
ChuckTs collected $171.50 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $172 | Rake $0.50
Board [7h 4s 2c Qd 8c]
Seat 1: ChuckTs (big blind) showed [7s Ts] and won ($171.50) with a pair of Sevens
Seat 2: num1kill (button) (small blind) showed [6c Ac] and lost with high card Ace

num1kill said, "jesus"
ChuckTs said, "i'm out soon"
num1kill said, "of course"
num1kill said, "no owrries tho, i'd rather cut my losses anyways, there's easier fish out there"
num1kill said, "and i dont think i've hit a pair on the flop this entire time"
num1kill said, "so of course i bluff and u call lol"
ChuckTs said, ":p"
ChuckTs said, "well if it makes you feel any better what i won off you is a fraction of what i've lost this month"
num1kill said, "i believe ya, hu cash is sick"
ChuckTs said, "run bad, tilt, spew, rinse, lather, repeat"
num1kill said, "yea, i've only tilted about 200$ to u"
num1kill said, "and made a cardinal sin of mine, answered the phone"
num1kill said, "cost me 250$ that phone call did"
ChuckTs said, "heh"
ChuckTs said, "thats the killer"
ChuckTs said, "aright gg"
ChuckTs said, "g sport. respect"
num1kill said, "yeah respect, I'll be avoiding you"
ChuckTs said, "likewise ;)"

Always respect when people are good sports. Shout out to this guy; I'd be much more pissed off. Only half-serious about avoiding him as he tilts pretty bad, but I was going to leave prior to one of his plays that let me know there was an edge.

HU is getting good though, I may start two tabling seriously or move up to 200nl one tabling. Helps exercise tilt control and hand reading and all that good stuff tremendously.

Still not even on the month, but I feel a little better. We'll see how long this lasts.

Time to go get drunk!

Yea 100nl HU is heaven. Up $450 today in 350 hands. Course i was feeling like this last time i tried HU before i dropped close to $1k. Absolutely retarded how much better i play when i am running at 0EV tho...to not run below EV feels like a super heater to me.

Almost up $1500 including everything in less than 20 hrs play this month so pretty happy.

I'm almost positive when i run bad i lose WAY more than just the EV difference due to making spewy call downs, which i don't do when i run ok.

Attachments

• hem2.jpg
    hem2.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 9
  • hem3.jpg
    hem3.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 9
B

bw07507

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Interesting that you posted this right b4 me feitr, I also love HU lately. All at 50/100NL

Attachments

• HU.jpg
    HU.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 8
F

feitr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Interesting that you posted this right b4 me feitr, I also love HU lately. All at 50/100NL

yea the one disadvantage is that 100nl is such a terrible stake fpp wise for HU since the *average call-cbet pot* of $6 doesn't quite give you one vpp. I honestly think i'm going to struggle to even maintain goldstar at this rate unless i play some more 6 max lol. 200nl would be much better i think but i personally don't want to even think about having to handle the swings of nl200 HU atm.

Pretty sure FT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>pokerstars when it comes to HU, both in number of tables and in the rakeback, since vip system is almost useless when it comes to HU. Oh how i rue the day i signed up to FT before i knew about rakeback.

I am such a fish...~$1/hand for 1k hands, ~-$1/hand for 1k hands, ~$1/hand for 1k hands. 1000 more hands and i will have an M graph :(

Attachments

• afadfasdfasdfasfasdf.jpg
    afadfasdfasdfasfasdf.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 10
B

bw07507

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yea the one disadvantage is that 100nl is such a terrible stake fpp wise for HU since the *average call-cbet pot* of $6 doesn't quite give you one vpp. I honestly think i'm going to struggle to even maintain goldstar at this rate unless i play some more 6 max lol. 200nl would be much better i think but i personally don't want to even think about having to handle the swings of nl200 HU atm.

Pretty sure FT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>PokerStars when it comes to HU, both in number of tables and in the rakeback, since vip system is almost useless when it comes to HU. Oh how i rue the day i signed up to FT before i knew about rakeback.

Interesting, I had noticed that I was getting very little FPPs playing 100NL. I'm trying to figure out if the increased winrate makes up for that. And the fact that I cant 12 table makes me play way less hands. The winrate at HU would have to be quite a bit higher to make it more profitable than 12-14 tabling 100NL FR i think. I do like to mix up the games i play though just to combat boredom and HU is a nice alternative to 6max.

F

feitr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you pay a little less rake in terms of BB/100 as well. At least on my database it seems i pay roughly 3BB/100 in HU and roughly 4BB/100 in 6max.

And yea i'm pretty sure it is much easier to sustain a way higher winrate in HU than 6 max, but personally i can't play more than 2 HU tables at once without starting to play like a donkey (trying to 3 table was partly responsible for that huge downswing) whereas i normally do 5-7 6max. But i'm not really into hardcore multitabling since it makes me play like a retard.

You need 40c for a vpp right? I only have ~15% or so of my hands in HU get over 40c rake so yea that is pretty brutal. Means i'd need something like 60k HU hands to get platinum, which at 400 hands/hr (~2 tables i'd guess) is like 150 hrs which is like 3 months of play for me LOL.

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Interesting, I had noticed that I was getting very little FPPs playing 100NL. I'm trying to figure out if the increased winrate makes up for that. And the fact that I cant 12 table makes me play way less hands. The winrate at HU would have to be quite a bit higher to make it more profitable than 12-14 tabling 100NL FR i think. I do like to mix up the games i play though just to combat boredom and HU is a nice alternative to 6max.

I think Chuck touched on this in his video, did he not ?

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hmmm.

I'm not a poker genius or anything but I'm pretty sure these two lines should be the other way around right ? :(

Attachments

• hmm.jpg
    hmm.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 7
BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hows everyones month so far?

This could/should be my first $1k month, but i seem to have a problem crossing that threshold. Also, very close to BRM limit to move up to 100nl. Don't really know if it's just variance or a psychological block.

Attachments

• sofar.jpg
    sofar.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 7
Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
See that Etoi has has his account banned on Stars. He won the warm up a couple of weeks ago. Appears he sold his seat to someone deep in the tourny.

FR players will know who I'm talking about.

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lolimit poker = easy monay

--------------------
HAND #1
--------------------

poker stars, $1/$2 Limit Hold'em Cash Game, 2 Players
Hand History Converter by Stoxpoker

Hero (BB): $56.30 (56.3 bb)
SB: $17.30 (17.3 bb)

Pre-Flop: Hero is BB with 4
heart.gif
club.gif

SB completes, Hero checks

Flop: ($2) 5
heart.gif
heart.gif
spade.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets, SB raises, Hero 3-bets, SB caps, Hero calls

Turn: ($10) 3
club.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets, SB raises, Hero 3-bets, SB caps, Hero calls

River: ($26) A
spade.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets, SB raises, Hero 3-bets, SB calls and is all-in

Results: $34.60 pot ($1 rake)
Hero showed 4
heart.gif
club.gif
(a straight, Four to Eight) and won $33.60 ($16.30 net)
SB mucked 6
spade.gif
J
spade.gif
(a pair of Sixes) and lost (-$17.30 net)

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First shot at 100NL

Just made a first shot at 100NL, 4-tabling FR on PS.

Not impressed by villains' game, not too impressed by the bigger pots, not subject to tilting when dealt a beat. So far so good. Actually would have been a lot better if AA turned into nut flush had not fallen to quad nines, KK had not fallen to quad queens, and QQ lost to JJ flopping a set. Considering i didn't flop a set over the session, i guess it's a really nice result overall.

Attachments

• first shot.jpg
    first shot.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 7
Chris_TC

Chris_TC

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually would have been a lot better if AA turned into nut flush had not fallen to quad nines, KK had not fallen to quad queens, and QQ lost to JJ flopping a set.
Why does your graph only show three drops of ~$90, ~$60 and ~$45? Were your opponents all shortstacked? Explain yourself :D

F

feitr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
See that Etoi has has his account banned on Stars. He won the warm up a couple of weeks ago. Appears he sold his seat to someone deep in the tourny.

Speaking of shared using, this made me think of the discussion last month about skat tilt. Wouldn't suprise me if this account has several users.

Sometimes "he" 24 tables 50nl FR as a super nit, sometimes he plays nl100 6max more TAGish (i guess this could be a reasonable adjustment) and sometimes plays nl200 FR as a nit and then he has played $1000-$5000 MTTs :S

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Figured he was too nitty for the final stages of the warmup. Linkage plz ? (PM it if its in a bad place)

F

feitr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it has something to do with Sorel Mizzi playing on the account (Zangbezan24/ imper1um) in the later stages of the tournament (called account selling i guess). From what i understand he was banned on FT for basically the same thing a little while ago. What i gathered from 1 minute of reading 2+2.

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
@#%@%#@#$@$@#$@#% last 30k hands have been breakeven I think I'd kill myself if it weren't for fpps. Or if I hadn't run rediculously well the previous 30k :D.

F

feitr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well man, at least 30k hands for you is only like a week of playing. For some of us that means we run like crap for a month or two lol.

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well man, at least 30k hands for you is only like a week of playing. For some of us that means we run like crap for a month or two lol.

lol and my goal is to play at least another 30k this weekend (including Monday-Tuesday, it's fall break for us), so hopefully it turns around :).

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why does your graph only show three drops of ~$90, ~$60 and ~$45? Were your opponents all shortstacked? Explain yourself :D

short stacks indeed. And I couldn't thank them enough for that. :D

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Down like 200$ hold'em, up like, 500$ stud. My playing style is much more suited to limit, since its cheaper to call down light & semi-bluff. But not a bad month even then, as I'm running bad, so down 200$ isn't *that* tough. I've had way worse downswings.

Munchrs

Munchrs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This could/should be my first $1k month, but i seem to have a problem crossing that threshold. Also, very close to BRM limit to move up to 100nl. Don't really know if it's just variance or a psychological block.

very nice sir, hopefully i can get my stake and start playing again. English food is really exspensive.:(

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

The above is outdated. Somehow, right after posting it I broke through the 1k ceiling and got rolled for the 100nl shot. I should complain more in this thread. Good for my karma... :D