***Nocturnal November Chat Thread***

janovsky

janovsky

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I understand that people want to quit poker, esp. when you get sucked-out all the time or your QQ. KK, AKs run into AA, or your AA`s get cracked all the time.
Got my piece of that too ,but for me it`s best to take a break for a week or some weeks to get into it again.
Sometimes I`ll switch from MTT to cash games and vice versa.
Just my 2 cents to this issue.

C

cAPSLOCK

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hard to understand when you dont really play poker...

Help me understand exactly how that is not a extraordinarily jerkass thing to say.

I want to believe I got it wrong somehow.

Errant Dog

Errant Dog

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So I joined here back in June of 08, and liked it. Took a long break from poker, so took a break from here. Just came back recently and it seems VERY different. Lots of douchey comments and lots of drama. Lots of the regs that I enjoyed reading are gone.

Am I wrong here??? Someone please fill me in.

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Help me understand exactly how that is not a extraordinarily jerkass thing to say.

I want to believe I got it wrong somehow.
Im thinking exactly the same thing..............

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's okay - I am sure he got an incredible amount of pleasure from making that post. You know - the kind where your brain swells and everything.

I am not surprised he didn't answer me either - I don't always like to talk right after sex either. :p

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For those of you who dont know, Jorg95 is a sicko high stakes sng grinder. Well basically he usually gets supernova elite like faster than anyone else. This year he's been taking his time a little. Anyways yesterday he decided to play +2k sng's in a day........ he achieved 2073 which is mind boggling. Admittedely he played most hyper turbos, but ffs, sick stuff indeed.

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So I joined here back in June of 08, and liked it. Took a long break from poker, so took a break from here. Just came back recently and it seems VERY different. Lots of douchey comments and lots of drama. Lots of the regs that I enjoyed reading are gone.

Am I wrong here??? Someone please fill me in.

Errant, sometimes I think the same but as much as some people I have enjoyed have gone its made me realise how many other people have took there place and noticing others who have either stepped up or maybe I just didnt see how big a part of CC and they where in the first place. Ignore the drama and use the site for how you feel appropriate, yeah there are people who seem rude sometimes, but its the internet and usally the harshness has a element of trying to help. That said some people are just best ignored but this site has loads to offer more good than bad I would say.

Hmm what the hell was that about, not only does Dakota do a good job modding this site and setting up things that are really good for the players here, from what I have seen and read she's a damn good player too. Love all the internet heroes sat behind their keyboards bashing people.

Ok back to the micros I go good day to you all.

Oh and a big shout out to Cardplayer52 for helping me out with my game another example of why CC rocks.

StormRaven

StormRaven

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nov still sucks for me, both in poker and in life. Had a nice live win, loving that, but online sucks and to make matters extremely worse, my laptop screen on my very expensive new laptop is broke.

I bought it from a dealer on e-bay but did register with HP. Gonna call them today to see if it is warrantied or not.

I had my laptop on my lap, lid closed, when my kids got into yet another stupid fight. Normally they just yell at each other but this time started hitting and kicking - right in front of me.

I jumped up out of chair to stop them - forgot the laptop was still in my lap - it tumbled to the floor (carpeted) hitting hard. The right side of the monitor seemed to split and I was able to "snap" it back in place, don't see any cracks or marks at all on it but my screen is now filled with a ton of rainbow colored stripes and there is an area about 7 inches long and 1 1/2 inches tall of nothing but dark gray where I can not see anything at all.

This just sucks.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For those of you who dont know, Jorg95 is a sicko high stakes sng grinder. Well basically he usually gets supernova elite like faster than anyone else. This year he's been taking his time a little. Anyways yesterday he decided to play +2k sng's in a day........ he achieved 2073 which is mind boggling. Admittedely he played most hyper turbos, but ffs, sick stuff indeed.

I can't imagine what that must have been like lol. Very sick. :eek:

(I think it is jorj95)

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the guy is an insane grinder though, he hit 3mill? vpp's last year i think. That is just beyond absurb. For those who dont know he like 30 or something tables the highest stake STT's and Step 6's. Don't know how he doesnt go nuts since his lifetime roi is 1%, so he has to deal with consistently breaking even which entails some HUGE swings, hes probably had a >100 buyin swing in his life. Probably had more than 1. Sick mental approach, stupid sitnwanttostabmyselfintheface's

Effexor

Effexor

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Disappointed that Jorj95 stats are blocked on sharkscope...

Disappointed in the fact that I monkey tilted off 3 BI's last night. Took a couple beats / coolers, and then SPEWED !

JJ < 55 on AJ5 board, all in.... Losing to one outers sucks. Cue the Spew...

T

TheWall

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After a very flat October and spewing off a bunch at the begging of November, I cleaned up yesterday and hit what had been my goal for October. Its such a great feeling when you can do no wrong in poker =)

C

cAPSLOCK

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
JJ < 55 on AJ5 board, all in.... Losing to one outers sucks. Cue the Spew...

That one IS amazingly horrible.

But your sig shows your true nature... zoom out, you win in the long run.

jewboy07

jewboy07

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for the record i havent responded because i dont spend all day on here.

but it wasn't exactly a "mean" stab i was just stating that someone who doesnt play as often or as high as some other players (not using myself as one who does) probably doesnt get how being down an incredible amount of money when they should be up a ton would be super tilting to the point of wanting to not play.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

but it wasn't exactly a "mean" stab i was just stating that someone who doesnt play as often or as high as some other players (not using myself as one who does) probably doesnt get how being down an incredible amount of money when they should be up a ton would be super tilting to the point of wanting to not play.

Actually I'd say it should be just the opposite. Those who play more hands for higher stakes are the ones who should understand and tolerate the variance inherent in the game better.

C

cAPSLOCK

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

You know how when you are sitting with a player not as experienced as you, and they do things that make their hand obvious - like bet the flop but check the turn seeming worried when you quickly float them. Or when someone says something that clearly reveals their hand strength without them realizing it? "Gosh I hope you don't have a set".

Well, you are kind of doing that same thing here but in the life arena.

Many of us have either been around the sun enough times, or were born with enough innate sense to be able to tell exactly what you mean when you say it... and raise you.

It's one of two things.

When you say
when you don't really play poker
you are either being an asshole by accident or on purpose. I am just pointing it out so if it was by accident you might apologize, and get rid of a huge leak in your life game.

If it is on purpose then just know I see you for what you are.

Revising it (with added snark at the top of the revision) doesn't really make it better. And I find myself questioning your intention.

But, I don't really know you, so I am willing to give you the benefit of the doubt.

Cardschat is a great place, and I am glad to be a member. And Dakota is someone I have come to enjoy and respect.

Last edited:
S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2+2? sorry i must have taking a wrong turn getting here

jewboy07

jewboy07

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually I'd say it should be just the opposite. Those who play more hands for higher stakes are the ones who should understand and tolerate the variance inherent in the game better.

i think it "should" work that way i just think the fact that they play for more money makes it easier to get frustrated with it.

You know how when you are sitting with a player not as experienced as you, and they do things that make their hand obvious - like bet the flop but check the turn seeming worried when you quickly float them. Or when someone says something that clearly reveals their hand strength without them realizing it? "Gosh I hope you don't have a set".

Well, you are kind of doing that same thing here but in the life arena.

Many of us have either been around the sun enough times, or were born with enough innate sense to be able to tell exactly what you mean when you say it... and raise you.

It's one of two things.

When you say you are either being an asshole by accident or on purpose. I am just pointing it out so if it was by accident you might apologize, and get rid of a huge leak in your life game.

also i really like this analogy. although my intention wasn't to be an ass it was just to voice a thought

Hmm what the hell was that about, not only does Dakota do a good job modding this site and setting up things that are really good for the players here, from what I have seen and read she's a damn good player too. Love all the internet heroes sat behind their keyboards bashing people.

im not bashing Dakota shes a pretty good tourney player from what i can recall

Deco

Deco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Jewboy is being taken out of context abit here.
It isn't an insult although I can understand as it can be percieved as his wording weren't great.

I'm one of these players who play next to no hands. In my lifetime I've played about 150K hands. There are people I know who have had swings that big :D.
Hence I know little about the sufferings of variance when compared to a fulltime grinder.

Of course it doesn't change the fact I own poker hard ;)

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think im gonna nit it up on nl$50 on stars this evening :(

Actually might just throw a few mtt's into the mix for the lulz as well.....

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think it "should" work that way i just think the fact that they play for more money makes it easier to get frustrated with it.

also i really like this analogy. although my intention wasn't to be an ass it was just to voice a thought

im not bashing Dakota shes a pretty good tourney player from what i can recall

Fair enough, it just sounded a little harsh, I am sure you would agree reading it back, and for your points maybe Dakota has just got a good poker mentality than we have, I know how frustrated I have got some times but you see some people lose a million one day and get 2 back in the next few weeks, I think they can do this partly because they have a great mentality and have been through it all before.