My New Inspiration... Liv Boeree

N

Neoblast

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
She looks hot sometimes too, but yeah she plays really good...

_dogmeat

_dogmeat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You are there to take everyones money and they are there to take yours, everyone knows that no one can be trusted at the table, and everyone knows they might lose their money.

Same thing here, dude. She simply hustled the guy, is all. It was a game and she played it like a true player :D (Also, her choice was the most +EV; Have you heard of the riddle with the two inmates? If one guy rats the other guy out, he gets 1 yr more and then he's free, and the other guy gets 5 more years; If they both rat each other, they both get 1 yr; and if no one rats no one, they get to walk away; what would you do here?).

If she picked split, she either takes half or takes nothing.
If she picked steal, then she either takes it all or takes nothing.

IMHO, all >> than half.

T

Tangerine 53

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pokerman is right - this is a game show in the UK where each two final participants get the same choice you see here. Sometimes they split, sometimes they steal. Liv stole - she bluffed the other guy out simple as that. It wasn't heartless - it's just part of the game show. I've no doubt she has a ruthless streak in her but as poker players we have to have an element of that.

I like her - she's intelligent, attractive, likes rock music and plays poker. Ideal woman as far as I am concerned!

forsakenone

forsakenone

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can understand the logic in picking up the steal globe, however when your tournament winnings exceed 2.000.000$ i would save some face from 3000 pounds. You are probably not taking money from some rich dude or retarded gambler here as you usually would at a poker game, she is taking money from some guy that probably earns less than 3000 ponds a month, and that's what bothers me.

pokerman27

pokerman27

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can understand the logic in picking up the steal globe, however when your tournament winnings exceed 2.000.000$ i would save some face from 3000 pounds. You are probably not taking money from some rich dude or retarded gambler here as you usually would at a poker game, she is taking money from some guy that probably earns less than 3000 ponds a month, and that's what bothers me.

Read up. This was before she had any success in poker - she was no better off than the guy she was competing with...

B

BabyAcey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Haven't seen Liv play but you have definitely sparked my interest.

rssurfer54

rssurfer54

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Same thing here, dude. She simply hustled the guy, is all. It was a game and she played it like a true player :D (Also, her choice was the most +EV; Have you heard of the riddle with the two inmates? If one guy rats the other guy out, he gets 1 yr more and then he's free, and the other guy gets 5 more years; If they both rat each other, they both get 1 yr; and if no one rats no one, they get to walk away; what would you do here?).

If she picked split, she either takes half or takes nothing.
If she picked steal, then she either takes it all or takes nothing.

IMHO, all >> than half.

this is pretty much the standard game theory problem.

coolnout

coolnout

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
rofl she shipped another tourney on stars today.
the 45k guarantee.

Daniel72

Daniel72

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Huh? It was 180 man field for Annette's win.

No, meant her victory in this big $11 tournamnent with 20000 people ( a sunday tournament on pokerstars)

And yes, she won also this famous 180man tourney, but i am sure she tried this a lot of times and some lucky day she finally won one, i can do this too...
:)

L

Lofwyr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The game theory thing with the inmates is called the "prisoner's dilemma".