My New Inspiration... Liv Boeree

LizaMayra

LizaMayra

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Who Says Woman can't play POKER?

This girl is pretty amazing... she is hot and sexy, and plays POKER... it's like a winning combination...

She recently took down the Sunday Warm-Up for a cool $147K... this past Sunday...

and has had several tournament successes...

the biggest being the EPT San Remo for $1.6 Million US...

she is one of my news poker inspirations... I hope to get to her success one of this days as well ;-)

R

rugby0

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
she is a fine poker player and easy on the eyes.

M

mrmood6007

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was watching a shoot-out tournament where she outplayed Phil Hellmuth pretty badly, and he didn't explode for once. It's funny to think that she was on a poker show and he was her mentor. She is a legitimate player and knows the strategies of the game very well. It doesn't hurt that she is a bombshell as well :)

rjeezy20146

rjeezy20146

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree have to give props where they are deserved she will probably become the best female tournament player, and now she has taken her first big online tournament and we will probably be seeing alot more from online.

LuckyChippy

LuckyChippy

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
She inspires certain...feelings...inside me.

pokerman27

pokerman27

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Had the pleasure of meeting her at 2010 WSOPE...and it was a pleasure!

evildoesit2003

evildoesit2003

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Dam we got the vote and now we can play poker tooooooo lol.

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's amazing really to think she was mentored by Phil and has ended up winning an EPT, then being signed by poker stars and now the sunday warmup. She hasn't really been playing all that long, quite amazing how someone can transform into a good player within a couple of years.

icemonkey9

icemonkey9

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One thing you have to understand is that Liv is a brilliant person. Her IQ is off the charts. She takes the game very seriously and works hard at it. She also worked in the industry for a while so she got to see how it's done right (and wrong.

Paj1975

Paj1975

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd like to see her guest star in an episode of "big bang theory". as mentioned above her IQ is off the charts. even sheldon would be impressed by her beauty and IQ.

_dogmeat

_dogmeat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Annette Obrestad is pretty impressive too:
In July 2007, Obrestad won a $4 buy-in 180 person online sit-and-go where she claims to have played almost the entire tournament without looking at her cards. She claims she peeked at her cards once during the tournament, when she was faced with an all-in bet. She did this to show "just how important it is to play position and to pay attention to the players at the table."

forsakenone

forsakenone

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think Liv is gay. Acts like it tho.

Daniel72

Daniel72

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have my doubts, it requires soooo much luck in a 4000 man field...can this be real ? I also couldn´t believe Annette´s victory in a 20.000 man field. You can have all the skill of the worls, but not win such a tourney in your hole life...but maybe the site helps sometimes ...

pokerman27

pokerman27

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have my doubts, it requires soooo much luck in a 4000 man field...can this be real ? I also couldn´t believe Annette´s victory in a 20.000 man field. You can have all the skill of the worls, but not win such a tourney in your hole life...but maybe the site helps sometimes ...

Huh? It was 180 man field for Annette's win.

pokerman27

pokerman27

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I now thinks she's too full of herself and a complete bitch (watch the vid)

I hope that's a joke!! It's a gameshow - would you think less of her if she bluffed you out of a pot? It's all part of the game...

jbbb

jbbb

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hope that's a joke!! It's a gameshow - would you think less of her if she bluffed you out of a pot? It's all part of the game...
I saw her on Late Night Poker last year, and loved her. A hot woman that plays poker and has a physics degree, emmmm ('if carlsberg did woman'?)

But since then my admiration for her has gone down hill, and the Golden Balls clip was the icing on the cake IMO.

pokerman27

pokerman27

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to like her, but my opinion has changed.
I now thinks she's too full of herself and a complete bitch (watch the vid)

YouTube - £6,500.50 Split or steal? with Liv Boeree

Wow that's dirty ^^ lol

I saw her on Late Night Poker last year, and loved her. A hot woman that plays poker and has a physics degree, emmmm ('if carlsberg did woman'?)

But since then my admiration for her has gone down hill, and the Golden Balls clip was the icing on the cake IMO.

lol at this....come on people do you not know the point of Goldenballs....:confused:

_dogmeat

_dogmeat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Grow the **** up. She made the best possible decision. And that's that. There's no room for emotions for some random guy when you have a chance to double up in front of you.

forsakenone

forsakenone

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Grow the **** up. She made the best possible decision. And that's that. There's no room for emotions for some random guy when you have a chance to double up in front of you.

Just because we play poker does not mean we need to become heartless assholes, 3000 euro or whatever it was means little to her, while it might have meant something to the guy.

What she did is not the same thing we do at the poker table, not by far. I have no idea what the game is about, but i guess that guy had to have done some work to get that pot or whatever it is. If you see a guy dropping his wallet and there is no one around, you take it, you see 1000$ in it, you have 1000$ yourself, do you put it in your pocket and walk away just because you can double up?

Now, when you sit at the table, whatever money you have at the table is no longer yours until you walk away. You are there to take everyones money and they are there to take yours, everyone knows that no one can be trusted at the table, and everyone knows they might lose their money. This is not the same and i very much doubt that she will get a lot of respect for doing that.

When I take someone money at the poker table I know i beat them fair and square, same thing when I lose, while this is simply a cheap shot for some TV time that will not be appreciated by most, not even poker players.

pokerman27

pokerman27

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just because we play poker does not mean we need to become heartless assholes, 3000 euro or whatever it was means little to her, while it might have meant something to the guy.

What she did is not the same thing we do at the poker table, not by far. I have no idea what the game is about, but i guess that guy had to have done some work to get that pot or whatever it is. If you see a guy dropping his wallet and there is no one around, you take it, you see 1000$ in it, you have 1000$ yourself, do you put it in your pocket and walk away just because you can double up?

Now, when you sit at the table, whatever money you have at the table is no longer yours until you walk away. You are there to take everyones money and they are there to take yours, everyone knows that no one can be trusted at the table, and everyone knows they might lose their money. This is not the same and i very much doubt that she will get a lot of respect for doing that.

When I take someone money at the poker table I know i beat them fair and square, same thing when I lose, while this is simply a cheap shot for some TV time that will not be appreciated by most, not even poker players.

She did Goldenballs well before becoming successful at poker....

Jeez....this is hard work!