Never play poker in a hurry

S

sibird

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seeing a situation at a glance doesn’t reveal enough information to interpret the situation correctly. As a result your decisions may not be correct all the time.
On the other hand, observing a situation in details gives you more information to deal with. That means more possibility of making right decision.
It is about the time factor. Seeing at a glance means you don’t have enough time to invest. You are in a hurry or in hasty mood.
In my opinion never play poker when you are in a hurry or you are out of time.
What do you think?

P

possle

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I totally agree! Played a few times and excactly this mistakes happened. If i start a tournament, I'll make sure that i have enough time for a potential deep run.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Absolutely agree. Poker is a game that requires concentration. If you are in a hurry, obviously you will not be able to be focused enough. I never start a game unless I have enough free time.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I only play freerolls in any cases. Since the game can simply be closed if there is no longer any further play. Everything else I play when I'm ready for it.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi mate .Totally agree!Patience is one of the keys of this game even when playing freerolls.

F

Fatman0912

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree on this. It happens that I am distracted by other people in the house, I lose focus and make a bad decision. When playing poker and you want a good result, play calmly and patiently. Take your time indeed :)

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The right decisions are not always the right ones, or how we think or envisage the right decisions in a situation.Sometimes it's hard to tell if you did the right thing or not.A lot depends on your opponent at the table.well, you should not rush to make a decision.Good luck!

Pimp 007 x

Pimp 007 x

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You are correct, poker is a game of patience, composture, dilligence and perseverance.

The best tip you can give to any new poker player is to play calmly and bet/raise/check/fold accordingly. Not thinking about the board texture and the current hand overall, is not an efficient method of playing poker.

But beware, even if you play perfect poker, from an estrategic point of view, you may still lose do to luck, luck plays a big part in poker.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
The game should be fun but not stressful. I do not see any sense in starting a game if I do not have free time and I am in a hurry.
Good luck.

A

Angel051047

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi there. What should I do if I'm in the top 100 of more than 1000 players. Put more on attack or more on defense?

V

Vlad Nesterenko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I absolutely agree with your judgment, if I play poker in a hurry, then I have little success, I do not advise anyone)

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]I don't think we should be playing in a hurry, but there are players who use their time in all rounds and give up playing just to see if they can make it to the prize pool, that's irritating to me.[/COLOR]​

nikoszwtos93

nikoszwtos93

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I follow 5 rules
Never rush
Raise to the same size with all hands you play.
Play many hands postflop with the same actions.
Play some weak and strong hands in the same way.
Do not show your opponents your cards at any point you do not have to

A

Arthur ZM

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I completely agree, you must first think carefully to make the most profitable decision, rush will not lead to anything good. And if you just don’t have time to play, then it’s best not to start playing.

koisug

koisug

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seeing a situation at a glance doesn’t reveal enough information to interpret the situation correctly. As a result your decisions may not be correct all the time.
On the other hand, observing a situation in details gives you more information to deal with. That means more possibility of making right decision.
It is about the time factor. Seeing at a glance means you don’t have enough time to invest. You are in a hurry or in hasty mood.
What do you think?
I can't disagree, it's true. No time to sit down and play, or it won't work. Although if you have a couple of minutes and nothing to do, it's boring, you can spin and go:sheep:

rj_montana

rj_montana

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with this. I always seem to get better results with only a couple tables open as opposed to a big multitable session

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course it should take a while, for every move you make, that will make you think well, and not play fish, that will evaluate your rivals, and they will beat you, you should take your time sometimes, even if you have a card bomb, you must think to get all the money to your opponent.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I don`t play in a hurry and generally I don`t like to act in a hurry, because there must be enough time to study the situation. Also just sit comfortably and enjoy the game!:bike:

Cam54

Cam54

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you think?
I agree with this completely … and if you don't have time why make frustration for yourself … poker should be relaxed …. your actions should not be hurried … I like to take everything else out of the way, although I am at home and playing online I do not always do this … as long as I am at home family is there …. but I do try to plan for things that come up food .. drinks .. turn the phone off !!! but above all have enough time set aside to play ….

det0nate

det0nate

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yes i dont play unless i kno i have a few hours and no interruptions ahead -
to play the right game you need to be in the rite place of mind

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I might be the first to disagree here!

Okay ... not entirely. I agree that decisions should be calmly evaluated, but where I disagree is the point where players NEVER intentionally rush themselves. Lots of times I can get a strong gut feeling on a read or something and so I know I am behind/beat. In this case, I calmly evaluate the situation, but something rush myself intentionally to fold; if I give myself more time, then I will begin to doubt my intuition and talk myself into calling.
My call/fold example was just an example. Sometimes I talk myself into other actions too: calling, folding, seeing the flop, fishing for the draw, shoving all-in and so on. Most decisions require patience, I agree. However, sometimes I just need to rush myself into making the correct decision before I doubt myself and go into a losing play.

jcxmendes

jcxmendes

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I agree with your position, before playing with prey and primary committing errors, the poker game and think before acting to reduce errors sues!:stoned:

gravac

gravac

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For sure poker must be taken slowly and steady. Rushing and going all in with 10 7 just to make your stack bigger doesn't last long. Poker wants your attention and time, just like woman's.

Pokerishard

Pokerishard

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No hurry and try to pass the titlt period when it cames(imposible to don t happend in a tourney).........This are two very important "skills"...........yaa,,,,,,,,,,i call them SKILLS

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe your opinion is right, only I can not think for a long time. It just torments me, and I get tired quickly.