Name Calling

PapaC

PapaC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah you are right. It is inside me, and for a year and s half I have worked on things that bother me at the tables and not carry it around with me. I'm 100% better than I was back then and very seldom tilt. But I don't like it either when another member says it's unimportant. Really I don't do much posting about my problems any more. I try to help others like I've been helped. And I'm one to tell other members that there are no dumb question or post of any kind. Unless it's something like the cheating tread. That's all

AlfieAA

AlfieAA

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah you are right. It is inside me, and for a year and s half I have worked on things that bother me at the tables and not carry it around with me. I'm 100% better than I was back then and very seldom tilt. But I don't like it either when another member says it's unimportant. Really I don't do much posting about my problems any more. I try to help others like I've been helped. And I'm one to tell other members that there are no dumb question or post of any kind. Unless it's something like the cheating tread. That's all

I think that maybe you are abit too hard on yourself...you are already fine the way you are..no need to change :)

the only thing you could have a go at is, looking at the bigger picture, instead of taking things personal...

example....the next time someone says something you don't like, whether its in poker or 'real' life, then try to take into consideration WHY someone is saying/doing something...you don't have to guess at specific reasons to why someone acts the way they do...no...but you can understand that there are reasons for it...

instead of just saying..'he is BAD'...well there's probably several reasons why that person says or does bad stuff and the person themselves haven't addressed the issues and nothing changes from their mental perspective of 'their world'...

a quick assumption would be that if someone spouts hate all the time, then they are more than likely very deficient in love ....childhood conditioning etc and upbringing...

if you have an understanding papac and the awareness to tap into that understanding when situations arise, then it gets easier...practice :)

Y

yepes

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
hopefully one day i get to play in one but im a newb so i dont know when that would be

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
try to be like rubber and let the haters be like glue

PapaC

PapaC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks again you guys. yepes it's really not hare to get into the Freeroll Club. Just pay the time and the post you have to make to get there no attention. It's much easier now than when I started here. Just takes a little clicking.
Yeah AlfieAA I do take thing to heart to often maybe.
That's a funny one TeUnit. Leave it to you to make people laugh. Thanks

N

NKGB13

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What's up with all those offenses on the chats?

Hi, It's not the first time but this time it really pissed me off.

Playing against a Russian guy on a freeroll, vilain shoves with 88 with a 2x higher stack, I call with AQs, offcourse, I won the hand.

Since then, he started to openly offend me calling me Monkey in Portuguese, and saying really bad things about my nationality. The guy said so many things that if I was on a live table I would be banned from Poker.

My point is, man, I'm in this for fun, to have fun, to forget personal problems and simply enjoy a good time making my mind work on maths, strategy, etc.. Why do that?? Why offend people for beating you WITH A BETTER HAND!

Well, I obviously reported the guy and pokerstars as usual really quickly responded with action taken (wondering what would that be).

How many of these idiots have you seen in online tables? Was that some sort of dark strategy? Would any one consider using that?

pissed off...

B

benspocket

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
that happens alot to me also but i just mute them if possible and go on playing my game

starting_at_the_bottom

starting_at_the_bottom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Dont use the chat box if it tilts you. I sometimes report people if they are really bad.

A

Alexandru24

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you reported to pokerstars, I guess they banned that guy chat for a while:).

REBEKC

REBEKC

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes, report to pokerstars, there is a button on the options that allow you to call a moderator, they can ban the chat of the players
also you can email support@pokerstars to look at the issue

therealslomo

therealslomo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just have to learn to report and ignore

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I just turn off chat, or block the player. If they're typing in chat, it has to hurt their focus.

N

NKGB13

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with you guys, need to report or run away from chat.

But I keep thinking, why so many idiots? really, what's in for the donkey who ended up eliminated by a 22 later with a 63s all in..

ScooperNova

ScooperNova

Hair in a Biscuit
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Mute them or ignore them is my best advice. Sometimes I annihilate their own sense of self worth and read their miserable soul to them and they tilt enormously. I don't start in first though. I'm the end, just realize it's some miserable loser and brush your shoulders off. I know others do it, but I can't advise being a narc/tattletale. Good luck at the tables.

Saperion

Saperion

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to report him and hopefully Pokerstar`s support will ban his chat for a while.

B

babaji

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't have chat which saves me from tilting and I don't take offence from negative chatter from anyone when I decide to use chat to say nice hand or good game.
In other words get rid of the emotion in your poker game.

V

Viper_13

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Keep yourself calm no matter what. So that guy went on tilt and called you names. If it starts to bother you then turn off chat. In the end, you won his stack. Laugh and forget it!

rflbarreto

rflbarreto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok, but ....

Really don´t like this kind of guys, and actually I simply block them ...
just one thing ... your hand (AQs) against 88 is not the best hand ;)
rgds

N

NKGB13

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Really don´t like this kind of guys, and actually I simply block them ...
just one thing ... your hand (AQs) against 88 is not the best hand ;)
rgds

well, it ended up being. heheh but thanks for the tip anyway ?:).

B

bnasp2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have same feeling about many freerolls and micros (even with some cardschat members).

For me those are not usually too offending things, its more like the villains are looking to me, that I must be idiot, because I dont play like a pro.

A PRO? At freeroll/micro with EV like 1$ per hour of play if you are good? (and those are better ones). Even if you rule all those freerolls, you are not a pro, or at max very poor/cheap/sucka pro.

johnxaitafe

johnxaitafe

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
offending

hello there,
try not to answer to bullies.its not a coincidence that these bullies come from certain countries and they are bad poker players and unfortunately it has not to do whether its a freeroll or has a specific buy-in

G

guch

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thats what happens with russian players certain countries has specific arogant players. Simply just use smily face emoji too piss them off even more

skull89

skull89

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The best thing you can do is not answer these kind of people.
If it's annoying you too much, then report Pokerstars.

N

NKGB13

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How do I report to poker stars at the table? I was told there's a way but can't find it.

Is it because of my table theme?

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
AQs < 88 47.4% < 52.6% ..... just sayin'

Sure it's annoying. Poker has many idiots. What are you gonna do?

Picture some 14yr. old kid down the street from you, mashing away at his mouse button & typing obscenities at you in the chatbox. You're going to argue with that? You're going to even let that affect you?

Best way to deal with it is to ignore it.