Name Calling

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
No problem, PapaC. I didn't let it bother me. I was more or less "telling on him" so he would get banned. lol

Him threatening to rape and murder my mother again was a dead giveaway.

Well I suppose you're right, I hope you can understand why I said what I did, it just seemed impossible to know who it was.

Don't let them get to you, use it to your advantage and stack them when you get a chance, that is the best revenge.

:top:

GODZZ

GODZZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AQs < 88 47.4% < 52.6% ..... just sayin'

Sure it's annoying. Poker has many idiots. What are you gonna do?

Picture some 14yr. old kid down the street from you, mashing away at his mouse button & typing obscenities at you in the chatbox. You're going to argue with that? You're going to even let that affect you?

Best way to deal with it is to ignore it.

This ,I always assume it's an angry virgin typing , Fag,douche,or some other even more offensive language . I just consider the source and move on.:) G/L

laceypearls

laceypearls

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm sitting here right now playing the ACR freeroll, and was trying to have a good time. And I usually do, because these games are stress free for me. I wish I had time to play more of them but don't have the time. Anyway a few hands ago I hit a good hand with motoconcho1 in it, and took most of his chips. Well first thing he says is "Fish Win" then 2 hands later I beat another player and he says the same. Well I don't like being called names of any kind. That one there is putting me down if you know it or not.. I don't call anyone names when I play no matter what I'm playing or what happens while I play. This will be the last CC freeroll I will be playing.

This is the reason why I don't like to chat while playing people do it to make you get off your game. They play head games. I usually ignore the chatting at the table

R

RAINDANCER

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
the high road

PapaC, I am relatively new to online poker; poker in general actually, but Ive already witnessed a melange of mean spirited rancorous and just out right cruel remarks. Remember the other eight people at the table and the vast majority of players are good and decent people and we've got your six. Don't let one moron steal your fun! Take that high road! I'm pretty sure his low road will end badly enough, cuz karma is real enough. Have fun!

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
PapaC, I am relatively new to Online poker; poker in general actually, but Ive already witnessed a melange of mean spirited rancorous and just out right cruel remarks. Remember the other eight people at the table and the vast majority of players are good and decent people and we've got your six. Don't let one moron steal your fun! Take that high road! I'm pretty sure his low road will end badly enough, cuz karma is real enough. Have fun!

Great post, and great advice. Thanks!

G

Grinderinoz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was just thinking about this topic earlier today, after watching a player telling whoever beat him in a pot to die. If people like him got his wish then there would be no player pool tho.

Sometimes I will make a note on these players as they tend to have very wide ranges and call with any 2 and use it to my advantage if i ever play with them again.

R

R_dj

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that u must forget what happend... When u take iT to personal it would affect your OWN play style, and you'll loose your winning poker style

I know it's hard to say iT out loud, but take iT from THE brighter Side...
Hè lost and you winn... And That's al that counts!

P.s. what THE Russin Guy did, is not Acceptable.. I hope Some day there Will be stronger rules for example banned out THE whole online poker scene.

[wQUOTE=NKGB13;2738275]Hi, It's not the first time but this time it really pissed me off.

Playing against a Russian guy on a freeroll, vilain shoves with 88 with a 2x higher stack, I call with AQs, offcourse, I won the hand.

Since then, he started to openly offend me calling me Monkey in Portuguese, and saying really bad things about my nationality. The guy said so many things that if I was on a live table I would be banned from Poker.

My point is, man, I'm in this for fun, to have fun, to forget personal problems and simply enjoy a good time making my mind work on maths, strategy, etc.. Why do that?? Why offend people for beating you WITH A BETTER HAND!

Well, I obviously reported the guy and pokerstars as usual really quickly responded with action taken (wondering what would that be).

How many of these idiots have you seen in online tables? Was that some sort of dark strategy? Would any one consider using that?

pissed off...[/QUOTE]