Is music a distraction?? In person....

doOomer

doOomer

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Side actions;)

I like to watch or hear a movie besides it helps when i have to play tight or calm me down if i lost a big pot to a bad beat or bad play it helps to look a way and get pleasantly distracted for a couple of minutes,music i never hear while playing :)

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
No

No, I don't find it distracting to listen to music while playing poker. I do take my head phones off if I am in a hand.

VVi10

VVi10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Depends on the people, some people like to listen to music to concentrate and relax to play better, some other don´t like because take of attention and concentration, so it depending how your body works better

ventrolloquist

ventrolloquist

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I'm in the stage of a tourney where agro is the style I'm looking to play, definitely some good D&B, not mellow, though. Some good dark shit, Andy C, Bad Company UK, C4C(yeah, I know, I'm still old school af.lol). Or I may tone it down to some mellowed out or lil jump-up if I get to the point where I'm starting to tilt or close to FT n somewhat short-stacked.

I'm a big Deadhead myself n when starting to tilt or need to calm down a lil, like in the situations mentioned above, then if I need extra calming I definitely start digging through the bootlegs.
Heck ya, happy to see there are people on here with similar music tastes [emoji3]

A

axel142

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i always listen music when i'm playing

BadB420

BadB420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's situational for me. Most of the time I'm listening to music when I am playing but I do tend to turn it off or stop listening during hands I am involved with.

doOomer

doOomer

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to watch or hear a movie besides it helps when i have to play tight or calm me down if i lost a big pot to a bad beat or bad play it helps to look a way and get pleasantly distracted for a couple of minutes,music i never hear while playing :)
I tried classical music..debussy,chopin and it was greatly relaxing especially at night!

mar_dragan

mar_dragan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love to play poker and listen music,but also i think it is not so good.
Because,when you listen music,you are leda by emotion.Sometimes when you listen some fast rap or rock song you can think you are unbeaten and do a wrong move.

fruittree

fruittree

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I need quiet to concentrate

not my thing

Bobbybones1950

Bobbybones1950

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is music a distraction

It Depends. If someone at the table is obnoxious headphones are great. I listen to Jeff Lynn.

costy1300

costy1300

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I personally like music, I lose focus

Adrian2809

Adrian2809

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like music but also poker. So I listen to music and play poker at the same time.

Therminator

Therminator

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That begs the question, is it okay to listen to music through earbuds when playing poker in person? I know that it doesn't hurt anyone when your playing online.

T

Tyler Finnimore

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love to listen to music when i play because if not things get like monotone and i lost consecration

Darwinjose14

Darwinjose14

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I listen to music while you play, it relaxes me

Popescu97

Popescu97

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Sometimes I play poker with music it s relaxing and chill

azforlife

azforlife

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It really depends on your opponents, AGAIN lol
Why???
Because that's all that matters at the end of the day, Music w. lyrics is not advisable when you're playing a strong field or table, Used to think classical music was good but tempo is really key, if it's really suspenseful you may fold a good hand lol
So if it's gonna be tough, no music is best.

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to listen to music that's not too intense/dynamic when playing poker because I want to slow my mind down and reduce the adrenaline. I find it helps me to make decisions in a more clear state of mind.

When I watch streamers, they all have different styles to how they stream. I would say it's all based on the individual. There's no right way to go about how you stream/play poker. Ultimately, it's what is comfortable for you.