Is music a distraction?? In person....

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is not a distraction if it is your music and not your neighbors haha, also depends on the moment of the tournament, like if you need to be really focus, of course you are not playing black metal lol :D

mdafka

mdafka

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on the person or your own state of mind.
Somedays certain music helps me flow, other days it bothers me.
So, its a daily decision for me

Last edited:
V

Vlad Nesterenko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find that music relaxes most players and always see people wearing head phones on tv.
do You find that its distracting for you to listen to music while you play in person.....

also what is your favorite type of music to listen to during play??

I find music to be a distraction among many when playing online.... because im always doing 100 things lol.... If you ever see me timing out a lot...its because Im multitasking 100 or so things lol.

music helps and tunes the game very well)) I think that it doesn’t matter who listens to each person’s own music and you need to listen to what you like)) music during the game is cool, it's still nice to watch a movie, some kind of series transfer, but if you play one table))

K

KAVA

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, it is. I find it hard to focus when listening to music while playing. Same effect when I turn off the radio in my car to get it parked properly lol.

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I find that music relaxes most players and always see people wearing head phones on tv.
do You find that its distracting for you to listen to music while you play in person.....

I find music to be a distraction among many when playing online.... because im always doing 100 things lol.... If you ever see me timing out a lot...its because Im multitasking 100 or so things lol.

I am a musician and I work in a studio ... for me it is sometimes a distraction for example I cannot try to listen to songs that I mix or master, because I keep trying to listen to details and I end up being distracted. But the music in general is very good, relaxes and takes away the tension, in live tournaments it is essential for me due to the great noise of chips hitting and people talking at the same time.
I listen to everything: Blues, Jazz, Classics, eminem ... hahaha really eclectic

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
hello if you listen to music while playing relaxes me :D

DJIGIT666

DJIGIT666

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually don’t like listening to music, but in MTT it gets boring, here the music relaxes.

H

HerbPuffer

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If the music is overly incessantly repetitive and aggressive then it makes me tilt more, otherwise listening to deep house or some mellow drum and bass lets me get more into the groove and play more automatically.

If I'm in the stage of a tourney where agro is the style I'm looking to play, definitely some good D&B, not mellow, though. Some good dark shit, Andy C, Bad Company UK, C4C(yeah, I know, I'm still old school af.lol). Or I may tone it down to some mellowed out or lil jump-up if I get to the point where I'm starting to tilt or close to FT n somewhat short-stacked.
Im listening to the grateful dead 24 7 so no not for me keeps me going!

I'm a big Deadhead myself n when starting to tilt or need to calm down a lil, like in the situations mentioned above, then if I need extra calming I definitely start digging through the bootlegs.

S

shurik8888

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends. If you play Holdem, the most relevant song is Creedence Clearwater Revival Have you ever seen the Rain but if you play Omaha, then Slade OOh Lala in LA will be the best option. It's proved by experience.

rodo 2285

rodo 2285

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think not, it serves to clear the head a little and be freer in moments when we play our cards

AllenKll

AllenKll

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

If you're listening to music, you're not paying attention to audio cues, which means you're missing out on important information.

I tried it once and this is how I know, I am usually a break even player in person, but the two times I listened to music, I lost and lost quick. After the fact, I did feel like I didn't really absorb the game.

Olegan163s

Olegan163s

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, it is. I find it hard to focus when listening to music while playing. Same effect when I turn off the radio in my car to get it parked properly lol.
With parking, the right comparison, I have the same.

Olegan163s

Olegan163s

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I’m more comfortable playing without music because I’m so used to it. I am good at playing while eating. lol

D

DAVID KEHRER

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nothing bothers but my grandchildren that live with me when fighting with each other.

bylly3

bylly3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it depends on what kind of music you are hearing, e.g. maybe classical music is better than rock or metal music, because you can relax and think much better.
But at the end I think it depends on everybody , maybe you take better decisions with hard music. xD

S

sheldon20264

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally, the distraction does not even distract me.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I personally find it difficult to constantly focus on the game, music sometimes helps to get the right mood

lanelane

lanelane

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The music is relaxing and you have to focus on poker so the two things are incompatible for me.

A

axel142

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i try to listen some active music like hard rock or something like that, because help me to maintain focused on the game

G

Gelidmind

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Music actually allows me to focus better and keeps me occupied. I enjoy listening to instrumentals or classical.

A

ayt183

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
when the game is going well, music helps you enjoy the game.but if everything goes wrong, the music can be annoying or a little distracting from the game.

A

Amdrius

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is no single answer to this question. That's because everyone has a completely different brain. I know people who can do up to 5 different things at the same time, and it’s not unimportant to do them well. Others can only do one thing at a time. Listening to music, so to speak, is one of the tasks when playing poker. For some, this is a way to take time between decisions in the game and absolutely does not affect the quality of decisions made. For others, in a situation of careful consideration, music will be a big problem. For me personally, music is not a problem and allows me to relax.

mdafka

mdafka

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it depends on what kind of music you are hearing, e.g. maybe classical music is better than rock or metal music, because you can relax and think much better.
But at the end I think it depends on everybody, maybe you take better decisions with hard music. xD

Only because you asked for corrections, I offer a suggestion. What you wrote works and makes sense, altho it is probably better to state "music you are listening too" & "maybe you make better decisions"

Cheers

R

ramignis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for me personally, music will be a distraction. but many during the game, it really relaxes. they mostly listen to classical quiet music.