Is music a distraction?? In person....

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes music distracts me while playing poker, but I listen to music anyway.

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Hello, it depends on the music, if it relaxes others, it can distract

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I first started it was a distraction, but now it can be tuned out. Music seems to the best for me, tv is a huge distraction.

VITOS

VITOS

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Someone claims that music during the session helps will relax, to be fenced off from excess noise and a talk, to focus on a game and to adjust an emotional state. Music can help to correct mood during the game in poker, so, to promote increase in the size of a bankroll.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I never listen to music during the game. Music distracts me and it is hard for me to concentrate.

D

DjDen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to listen to music when I play poker, it does not distract me, which one? - depends on the situation, if I play aggressively and the card comes in - then I listen to the house or deep house, if the card does not enter, then something that is disturbing and distracting from nervous thoughts

V

Viktor Krysko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
music is cool, for me music is life. I love music

leobouble

leobouble

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
music helps you relax and keep calm two important things you need to play well

H

Heresthecooler

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Music allows me to concentrate visually. When you take away a sense, others become stronger. Or is that an old myth?

The Monkey

The Monkey

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just like when doing anything I think it has a lot to do with what type of music you listen to when you are doing something else.

For example if many experts suggest listening to classical music while studying because it improves Focus, the same could be true when focusing on anything.

On the other hand if you are listening to screamo music or head-banging music, obviously this could be a little distracting when trying to focus on something.

Me personally I like to listen to instrumental music when I am playing poker. this does not necessarily mean classical, just something without words so that I am not focusing on the lyrics When I am trying to focus on the cards.

F

Fernet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Music in poker

I like to play poker while listening to music, it keeps my mind clear in tournaments and cash tables, capable at any time decide to pass a decision to think but I love playing with good music:cool::)

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I find it actually helps concentrate during massively long games and keep focused on the game although occasionally will pause it for big decisions.

S

ScottyDee

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Music

Im listening to the grateful dead 24 7 so no not for me keeps me going!

C

CMPTTA

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hey

Mine opinion is... :)
Poker is better to play in silence, I need to hear that beeb sound :cool:

venycyos

venycyos

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me the music serves to distract me while son play. Kids music.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to listen music while i play online but i keep the volume relatively low so that it do not distract me from the game. During live game i never listen to music as i like to watch and monitor the game including the talk on the table.

zwerjok

zwerjok

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ohh no music for me its very help to all do it-play poker-traning-eating-sleeping-with music allways together

alex_dorda

alex_dorda

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi

the music is very soothing! I regularly update the playlist, and that's better than sitting in silence.:boring:

igroksash

igroksash

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I played at the computer I constantly turned on the music, now I often play on my smartphone I don’t turn on the music

stylebender72

stylebender72

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find it so distracting to listen to music while playing poker, it's not relaxing at all. My focus is not there anymore especially if I listened to music with lyrics like rap or something... but when I used to two-table zoom sometimes I listened to Boris Brejcha.....

ventrolloquist

ventrolloquist

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If the music is overly incessantly repetitive and aggressive then it makes me tilt more, otherwise listening to deep house or some mellow drum and bass lets me get more into the groove and play more automatically.

L

ledris

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you play online by yourself, music helps you keep your mind occupied with something else! In live poker, I think music is more of a distraction than it is about helping you. I choose to listen to house music while playing on my computer.

25Giggs

25Giggs

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me it is.

If it's just a track - I don't mind.

But if there's some lyrics - I'm definitely out of the game at hand :)

R

rasam

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i change my music while i play base on the mood i am in , if i`m bored , i keep it high energy , if i`m winning and i`m in the money , a light music