Most profitable poker mode?

BustyBusters

BustyBusters

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've seen the best success in those on demand sngs on ACR personally. The players are not very good and the payouts are a good profit with not much variation.

D

Dhembhe

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is the second topic I read posts like: "Play with players worse than you and pocker will be profitable." Pure fantasy.

J

jesusali1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hola amigos. ¿Cuál consideraría usted que es la modalidad de póquer en línea más rentable? ¿Juego en efectivo, torneos, giros o sit & go?

No soy muy bueno con el dinero en efectivo, por lo que siempre elijo los torneos, incluso si son muy largos y aburridos, son los más rentables, ya que tienes la oportunidad de perder y recuperar muchas fichas.

sarjdgo

sarjdgo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think micro buy in tournaments are the most profitable, but they can result in hours of playing and sometimes in extreme boredom/tried seassons, so, for me they arent the best.

For me, the most profitables right now are 45 man SnG with micro buy ins, they are so soft!

The most profitable will be the more fish playing, so, the MTT can be the answer, just try whats best for you.

P

pltelles

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It depends on the risk you intend to take. Certainly in the single tables the gain can be faster, but the risk of losing is also greater. In tournaments, you have a lot of work, so sometimes you win nothing or little, however I only pay 1 entry.

elchonga

elchonga

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Without a doubt the profit is in the cash games, but the beauty of poker for me is in the tournaments

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello friends. What would you consider to be the most profitable online poker modality? Cash game, tournaments, spins or sit & go?

In my opinion:

MTT tournaments could potentially be the most profitable due to the large prize pools, but they are also the choice with the most variance due to so many players per event.

Cash games appears to be the most consistent route if you are a winning player, but it is a slightly different skill-set than MTT tournaments because cash games are deeper stacked more often and really deep in some cases.

Spins or Sit & go option seems like an MTT, but in miniature. Much shorter in time and more consistent than MTTs as well, but obviously there isn't usually the same prize pool. 9 player Sit n Go is kind of like MTT Final Table practice :D

Factoring all of these thoughts in, your choice is probably a matter of preference and what you play better in or most comfortable playing.

Porras2424

Porras2424

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My humble opinion is that in current times the most advisable thing would be cash zom tables, depending on your bankroll, if you are going to play tournaments, no matter how good your game is, apart from the variety there is, there are a lot of players caught who enter to participate and are going to pay everything they put ...
However, you can choose high-income tournaments. I mean that if you pay, for example, $ 5 $ 7.5 $ 11.5 $ 55 $ 100 the participation will be more selective, fish enter but in less quantity, it can be a valid obcion. .. stay where you feel best .. remember that all this is to win in the long term ... luckily what was your decision .. we will meet at the tables ...

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Tournaments ainec!

Many members responding in this thread are suggesting that MTT's aren't the most profitable because of things like 'too many entrants', 'small chance of getting a big score', 'need to play for many hours' but if we're analyzing the different formats and doing so over the 'long run' (or say at least 100 hrs. of play), tournaments are your best bet for sure!

Tournaments attract a larger percentage of bad &/or new players as compared to cash games.
When I say 'bad' that can describe many different types of players. The cash game player pools are much tougher imo.

psycodelic1

psycodelic1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the correct answer is following the bankroll management...

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think the correct answer is following the bankroll management...

How does following bankroll management have any bearing on whether one format is more profitable than another? (or more lucrative, etc.)

DIMARIK

DIMARIK

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me personally, this is MTT.
Every time I sit down to play at the cash tables-I leave all the money there. :(
In MTT, at least I win something, even though it takes more time.
Probably there is still a lot depends on the person himself, to which game he is located.

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it's up to person. For everyone it's a different format. Some guys have natural talent to cash games, other to MTTs, one guy have better mindset, other can't stand downswings time etc. Personally I think if you want a regular winnings then play cash games. If you want big scores from time to time then mtts are for you.
Anyway there is no such thing that one format is more profitable than other. It's everything about learning stuff from specific format and stick to it. Winnings will come soon or later.

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i would say mtt for sure,considering the fact that you can win lots of money if you are lucky enough to make a couple of deep runs, nevertheless the downswings are going to be much higher than cash games and sngs, so you have to take that into account as well

G

Gusborgs22

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Every mode can be profitable
The most stable mode is cash games (constant 100bb, less variance and instant winnings) - 20+ buy-in MINIMUN
The most instable but more profitable are MTTs : sometimes you can stay months without any great winning, but when you win its like 200+ times your buyin - 100+ buy in MINIMUN
Medium stable and medium profitable with constant pofits are SnGs: less players = less variance. The field are harder then MTTs (more regular players)
Spins - constant profit but lots of variance, i advice 100 buy ins. You can get a big hit but its like 0,00001% chance

DaaBee

DaaBee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys. Well, depending on your bankroll. Let's figure it out, if you have a mini bankroll - about less than $ 50, then the best format for optimal and effective achievement is to use tournaments up to $ 2.20:). With an average bankroll of about $ 51-151, it is best to use tournaments up to $ 5.50 and play cash from nl2 to nl25:cool:. With a large bankroll starting at $ 151, it’s already better to play what is strong. But do not forget the fundamental foundations of mani and risk management.:eek: Good luck at all!!!

Great advice cambe4naya. Many players want to win lots of money quickly. A good bankroll management is the key to long term success.

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello friends. What would you consider to be the most profitable online poker modality? Cash game, tournaments, spins or sit & go?

I've developed a way to consistently win, without much time sacrificed, playing MTTs. Game selection and late reg required. :D

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tournaments ainec!

Many members responding in this thread are suggesting that MTT's aren't the most profitable because of things like 'too many entrants', 'small chance of getting a big score', 'need to play for many hours' but if we're analyzing the different formats and doing so over the 'long run' (or say at least 100 hrs. of play), tournaments are your best bet for sure!

Tournaments attract a larger percentage of bad &/or new players as compared to cash games.
When I say 'bad' that can describe many different types of players. The cash game player pools are much tougher imo.

Also, certain MTT structures practically guarantee a min cash with the "free" chance at a big score.

MTTs are the only format that is worth my time anymore. The rest feels like gambling with my time.

You can lead the horse to water, but you can't force it to drink. :)

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I find it most profitable to play MTTs.

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It really depends on what type of player you are. For me, I have gone through different phases of playing. I found that tournaments are good for nitty players, 6 max cash is good for aggressive math types as well as Sngs.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
The Winning mode. Seriously though any poker game can be profitable if you can manage to play well every day, the problem is how much time do you have, and just how good you are? A good friend, who happens to be a professional player, once told me that if I can play 20 MTTs every day, and finished in the money in 25% of them, and win 1 in the 20 then it's time to give up my day job.
I still play an occasional MTT but no where near win 1 in 20, I play mostly SnGs and although may not win as much money, I certainly enjoy playing 8 or 9 games a day, I could play many more but get bored after a while and quit.
Poker is a game I enjoy, but don't take too seriously, I like to have fun, and happy if I make the money, even happier if I can make the Final Table in an MTT, but winning is always an after thought, I never start a game thinking I am going to win, only that I want a bit of fun.

When the fun Stops, STOP!

Zapahlohotrona

Zapahlohotrona

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For a beginner, it is best to start with sit n go. Cash is the most profitable discipline in essence. But there you need to be able to play postflop. The simplest discipline is Sit'n'Go 45 max.