The Most Annoying Things About Poker

unnamed72

unnamed72

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What are your pet hates with poker. What really grinds your gears.

For me it's when during a tournament someone goes all-in on the first hand.

And what is worse is when they go all in with a crap hand and then win.
when I am beaten by a crap hand I wanna go out and kill everyone I come across:(

but the most annoying thing is to get to ITM of cheap tournament after losing couple of expensive ones

Last edited by a moderator:
U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion

That is annoying. The reason I don't like it when you go all in with them you don't seem to ever win. Both are equally as stupid it should be 50-50. Then actually its a fine play cause now you have chips if you win. Its a play worth while when the right people are pimping. Probably why GOD really uses stats. Well when GOD human you don't believe it and think its suppose to be someone else causing a real mess.

dbchristy

dbchristy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My biggest pet peeve, is people who use chat, to win agame by tilting you. I know this is a part of poker but I despise it. I think how you are in chat, you really are in real life, when youre mad. Daniel Negreanu does not act like that, and he has the most respect.

M

marcelo benavidez

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i think the abuse of chat, so i turn it off when theres a good game.

kowrip

kowrip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pretty much any kind of variance that works out against you REALLY hurts. Here are a few of the most annoying ones I've experienced.

1) Getting dealt a lot low/medium pairs but never hitting your set on the flop.

2) Folding hands that I am "on the fence" about playing because they are maybe just a little bit outside of my range. Then, I see that I would have hit a monster hand on the flop.

3) Getting all-in against somebody with a higher pocket pair than theirs and seeing only their card come up on the flop. This one especially hurts with AA vs. KK !

Rui Ferreira

Rui Ferreira

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
What are your pet hates with poker. What really grinds your gears.

For me it's when during a tournament someone goes all-in on the first hand.

And what is worse is when they go all in with a crap hand and then win.

You leave with a good hand you of the reise, comes the villain with a much smaller hand and wins from you
or
When after the pre-flop the villain gets paid waiting for a drill and it comes on the river

S

sasa2300

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally, poker takes a lot of my nerves:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: