The Most Annoying Things About Poker

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And it annoys me very slow game opponents, especially in games with small prizes

fialhosm

fialhosm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What annoys me the most about poker is knowing that most of the time what prevails is luck and not the wisdom and intelligence of the player.

C

colbear

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The most annoying is knowing you made a mistake and you knew it before you did it but second guessed yourself and did the wrong thing

AMTF1988

AMTF1988

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The most annoying is knowing you made a mistake and you knew it before you did it but second guessed yourself and did the wrong thing
Also not following instinct and folding, only to have an out come on the next card

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel annoyed when people are rude to others, just because they lost. Does not matter if that was someone else, not me who was badmouthed, I still feel it downgrades the atmosphere. Sadly, people still are not ready to face they have lost. Should be so easy in poker.

D

Daniel Schools

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Donkeys

When people play anything and they get lucky and when but they don't know how to play that really pisses me off

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Nothing is more annoying than realizing everyone else on the table is good.

M

marcelo benavidez

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i think the players that all the time make all in...thats really annoyng

M

marcelo benavidez

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
thats happens a lot in begginers lounge, when you go foward in best rooms is better...

C

colbear

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel annoyed when people are rude to others, just because they lost. Does not matter if that was someone else, not me who was badmouthed, I still feel it downgrades the atmosphere. Sadly, people still are not ready to face they have lost. Should be so easy in poker.

I agree this is a good one we should be used to it by now right

Freeman748

Freeman748

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not like it when people complain that they are moving all the time, even in three outs. Especially when it is done by the fish :cool:

M

mikkex99

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
On a preflop you have pretty good cards, but not good enough to follow somebodys All in, and then it turnes out this guy did all in with worst possible cards

P

PSSucks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hate it when I get "Donkey Kicked".

You've played the hand perfectly and drawn your victim into depositing all of their chips or matching your stack, and the donkey hits that 5% card on the river.

That peeve comes just in front of losing 80% of the time at PS when I'm all-in and heads up against a bigger stack I have dominated. It happened today (which is NO surprise) where the big-stack villain flips A4 to my AJ, and a 4 is flopped. It's amazing how often it happens.

radartodd69

radartodd69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like it when people tank on a freeroll. It makes absolutely no sense. On the site I play, ACR, they give way to much time for people to reconnect when they disconnect. It seems like an eternity. I've only seen someone reconnect a handful of times too.

S

Steve Deeble

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hate losing to lower pocket pairs and cannot stand slow play.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
People who complain about other players playing bad by making forum thread about it.

More donks for me.

Though seriously I despise annoying river cards non-all in situations.

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The call when you shove with 2 top pair or a set after tie flop,, get called by say an 8,9 off and lose to a straight.

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
what a marvellous thread and great answers... what bugs me.. most annoying about poker.. can i say two things?

1. stories of bad beats... we all have them and i sick of hearing about them .. its part of poker "suck it up"

2. rude and vulgar players.. who belittle, humiliate other players

Paya_31

Paya_31

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To me what bothers me is that when you win projects or something other than premium hands some players revile you.

R

rigor mortis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PokerNuts01, How would you define "Skill"? Plese tell me three or four 'Sills' you say out perform luck. If you can't run to these numbers, how about two? It's a card game ffs.

K

Kalipro

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What are your pet hates with poker. What really grinds your gears.

For me it's when during a tournament someone goes all-in on the first hand.

And what is worse is when they go all in with a crap hand and then win.
Love all the comments about hands played.... biggest pots are never won with AA or KK. Just saying. Hard to think of what I hate about the game...even bad players teach me something or at least pay me.... eventually. Probably the emotions I have attached to a bad beat....but always learning to control them.