I think they equal- men are more up for a challenge
Females are more chilled

gallora

gallora

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with most posts, the reason is really that they have many other things without poker. But those few who play on the final table look great.

Tbone461

Tbone461

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is my personal belief that men tend to underestimate women at the poker table giving them an advantage.

N

nicolaskcs

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
many say it is because they have less women, but that is in any type of game, even though there are more women in the world than men, probably because women are not as competitive as men

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I think that both men and women have equal opportunities to playing just about the study and discipline that will bring to the game as everything in life :)

chippawa1234

chippawa1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just think more men play the game of poker but women are just as smart as men i think.

felipem29

felipem29

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
statistics....

I only base myself on the statistics and it is that in most tournaments more men participate than women, therefore, we see men who are better, but in general it only has to do with the person himself, Luck at the tables:rolleyes::cool:

A

anadrijav

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Women if they can do it, sooner or later someone will win a big tournament.
Time to time.

pendulabgd

pendulabgd

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's like that you're asking if the woman superior to man in the kitchen.
It's just a matter of interest, more males are interested in poker, gambling, cards... Less females are interested but the answer is no. It's the same, it's up to the person not to the gender, it's just that a pull of players are mainly man's.

I think this is one of the most stupid questions that I ever heard!

poker_bro

poker_bro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course not, women has different skills than men and using those skills they can be as good as men. Men's benefit is that men are usually more passionated, aggressive and achievers, so maybe imo in this way men has more mental ability than women.

Women are more calm, calculating and make decisions more carefully, men use more intuition. Especially in live poker women can be better than men, because reading people is women's natural instinct.

It is like MMA, men are strong and huge, they can hit hard, but I see women's MMA matches more interesting because they are fast, flexible and more acrobatic.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's just that women have one more chromosome)))

KeyJey

KeyJey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, men are no better than women at poker. There are many good female poker players. It's just that men play poker more than women.

O

oscarhuka

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with most of the comments!

Women have the same potential as men to play poker as for any other activity.

There are no better or worse !!

And it is false that women have not won bracelets in the wsop.

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There might be an advantage for men, because statistically men are willing
to take more risks than women. The question is if that is natural or comes
from the way boys and girls are socialized differently...

You should still expect the woman at your table to be aware of this and
having adjusted to play a perfect game.

Maybe we should run a test and see how OP does in a HU against Katie Dozier...

Ronaldo7

Ronaldo7

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think there is much difference, there are more male players but if you take 10 of each i think results would be pretty ecual

pcgnome

pcgnome

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm sure that there are lots of men at the poker tables who still believe that women are inferior players.
I would still like to see more female players at the tables because they add to the prize pool. However, this game will often create situations that put a person under a great deal of pressure. I 've heard that they won't play because they often feel intimidated when they are at a table surrounded by men.
I think that there are still many male players out there who want the game of poker to be dominated by men. I would like to see more females play poker because it is a social activity and it makes the game more interesting

gabrielcsgo93

gabrielcsgo93

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Absolutly not! But mans are better to be focus to do one thing and womans are better to do a lot of things in one time!

94EXPOS

94EXPOS

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well a woman has never won the Main event of the WSOP since its inception in 1970. Annette Obrestad won the original Europe WSOP in 2007 at 18 yrs old, 1 day shy of her 19th birthday. Only 7 women over the years have won WSOP bracelets and 3 women have won 3 bracelets each. Since 1977 there has been a separate event for ladies at the WSOP. From 1977 to 1999 it was 7 card stud and only since 2005 has it been NL format. Vanessa Selbst, Barbara Enright, Nani Dollisonand and Kristen Bicknell have won 3 WSOP Bracelets each but Barbara Enright has been the only woman to ever reach the final table at the Main Event of WSOP finishing 5th in 1995. Women make up around 5% of the field in all the events at the annual WSOP tournament. So statiscally speaking, it would appear that women have under performed over the years so far.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Women make up around 5% of the field in all the events at the annual WSOP tournament. So statiscally speaking, it would appear that women have under performed over the years so far.

In 2018 there were 7874 players. 1 Person wins. WSOP has been going since 1970. 49 winners. I must admit I dont know how many participants there are every year, certainly less in 1970. But probaly less that 5% of women in 1970, but this is an assumption on my part.

Still..... Women make up 5% you say. I am not convinced this is proof of underperforming. The 5% of women are part of the 99% (yea, a round off... more like 99.99999% but) that do NOT win.

Hmmmmm

Last edited:
94EXPOS

94EXPOS

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
5% of 50 years of WSOP Main Events is 2.5. Therefore there should have been at least 2 WSOP Main Event female winners by now. There were probably far less than 5% women in the field in earlier years however. Not saying this is proof that women have under performed. If you read my post correctly I say that it appears that women have under performed since only 1 woman over those 50 years has ever made it to a final table Main Event in the US. I believe that a woman is over due to win the WSOP Main Event and I would like to see it happen. It would be great for poker if a woman were to win the WSOP Main Event.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
5% of 50 years of WSOP Main Events is 2.5. Therefore there should have been at least 2 WSOP Main Event female winners by now. There were probably far less than 5% women in the field in earlier years however. Not saying this is proof that women have under performed. If you read my post correctly I say that it appears that women have under performed since only 1 woman over those 50 years has ever made it to a final table Main Event in the US. I believe that a woman is over due to win the WSOP Main Event and I would like to see it happen. It would be great for poker if a woman were to win the WSOP Main Event.

Sorry, I did misunderstand your point. Thanks for explaining.

94EXPOS

94EXPOS

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No problem. Sometimes I fail in trying to explain myself clearly. :)

Darkray

Darkray

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is difficult to answer this question, since there are much more men in poker than women, therefore there are more opportunities for men to win.

Jim Rivas

Jim Rivas

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's rare to find woman in the top list of the best poker player in the world! Not even one female got any bracelet in her life! So, what is the secret behind that?
It's even very rare to find a woman in the final table of big events!
Maybe the woman is too much brittle, and doesn’t have the nerves for withstanding the poker pressure.
I notice that women are not good in bluffing, and easy to bluff. Maybe this is one of the reasons.
What do you think?
Well, I think it is now that women are joining the game of Poker and have climbed positions in this regard, for example: This article can be seen at this link: https://www.elobservador.com.uy/nota/ for-the-first-time-a-woman-wins-the-world-poker-20114111900. It is only a matter of time, the battle between men and women at the final tables of WSOP, EPT, etc.:rolleyes: