Are men superior to women in poker?

Pokersolomdp

Pokersolomdp

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker

Hello how are you?? I think the reason is that 1000 players only 50 are women. There are very good women players !!

wyoming4paul

wyoming4paul

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Women are much better than me at poker. In fact, so are all the men, at least that's what I want them to think.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Women play awesome poker and they are equal to men as far as it concerns poker abilities and skills .Many times it happens women to be better than man . Here in our community , in CC freerolls , homegames or league games , we can also witness this . In the fall League we won the league and the women players played awesome poker .

H

Heresthecooler

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Annie Duke had a 10th place finish at the 2000 wsop Main Event. That's quite impressive for a field of 512. Kathy Liebert had a 17th palce finish in that tournament, also. Annie Duke had a win at the NBC National Heads-Up Poker Championship, in 2010. I'm going to assume that was a mostly male field. Not gambling makes sense too. In all respect, poker is a way to feed a man's ego. There is no denying this. Just look at the arrogance of any great player. Stu Ungar had mentioned multiple times that no player in the world could beat him. Poker gives a sense of dominance over another player. Hold 'em is the game where my two cards are better than yours. Betting with only two cards alone is the most arrogant way to gamble. Like I've said, a woman choosing not to gamble is never a bad idea. More players lose than win, and I'm sure a boneheaded ego alone is enough to make a player sign up for a tournament. I'm not saying women don't have egos or can't be competitive. I'm just mentioning my thoughts. As a man, I think it has everything to do with the male ego. Everyone wants to be the alpha player. Poker is a way of saying, "I have more testosterone than you!" A tournament is the last man standing. Poker attracts more men than women, so I'm just mentioning why I think that is.

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the whole point is that there are simply more men in poker. Women have several other activities. Especially at home and in the family. That is why superiority seems.

S

shwyga

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
не многие женщины могут похвастаться математическим мышлением, и математика играет важную роль в этой игре.

Branimir84

Branimir84

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
No. The illusion of this comes from more men playing poker which is a result of the fact that men are more attracted to the game then females.

So interests levels are what is different between the two, but ability to play is not.

belladonna05

belladonna05

belladonkin'
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The amount of masculine stupidity in this thread shows why more women don't play poker. :rolleyes:

25thinfantryman

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thats a big no.. ive seen some pretty good players turn out to be ladies

lanelane

lanelane

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's rare to find woman in the top list of the best poker player in the world! Not even one female got any bracelet in her life! So, what is the secret behind that?
It's even very rare to find a woman in the final table of big events!
Maybe the woman is too much brittle, and doesn’t have the nerves for withstanding the poker pressure.
I notice that women are not good in bluffing, and easy to bluff. Maybe this is one of the reasons.
What do you think?

I would argue with that. There are some very good female poker players. Just one example: Annette Obrestad has been a part of the poker elite for years, despite her young age. In 2007 he won the WSOP Europe Main Event. This made him the youngest WSOP bracelet of all time ... I wouldn't go down to the table for a tournament. :))

R

Richard Grant

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Given women were built from Adam's rib its no surprise that men are superior to women :p

The international communists have used identity politics to split apart men and women. Its worked a treat.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is eternal and infinite controversy between Genders: who superior, who more smart,
who more lucky, and etc... Anyway, I think in the every event of life (in particularly in Poker)
All individually! Therefore the question remains open! To be continued...;):D

Inequitas

Inequitas

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends what you mean? Being ahead whilst playing a game of chance is no indication of superiority at all... The Question is flawed...

I think the idea behind the loaded question is to stir up a battle which cant be won by any side...

Silly its like asking are men better at standing up whist peeing, even then what are the rules indicating a better management of the act... Spray control? how dry the toilet seat is after? haha

Superiority Complex as a reasoning behind the question maybe? :D

belladonna05

belladonna05

belladonkin'
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
This is eternal and infinite controversy between Genders: who superior, who more smart,
who more lucky, and etc... Anyway, I think in the every event of life (in particularly in Poker)
All individually! Therefore the question remains open! To be continued...;):D
It doesn't remain open for me, I'm not in a pissing contest with anyone. I only contest with myself to be a better person everyday. The trolls in this thread, not so much. :rolleyes:

RickoNNN

RickoNNN

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not think so, men are superior only in participants, women have the same potential, but since they are less quantity they do not notice so much, I suppose that in a tournament of 1000 participants there must be 150 women, they only have that disadvantage they are less but every more time

kandauroff

kandauroff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
women playing poker, I think less than men, why are we so rarely see women in the top, but on the skill of the people I know are absolutely good at this game

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To draw any conclusions one would have to do a tournament with an equal number of women and men (e.g. 250 women, 250 men). I think men in such a tournament would be very distracted - more focused on women than cards :D

antifragilegg

antifragilegg

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
really???
please stop, there is just more men playing poker than women because men are more likely to be gamblers.

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
But I'm still convinced that the reason for this is that there are simply more males in poker. The truth is here.

BUSB0Y

BUSB0Y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are a lot of great female players on America's Cardroom. You can find many of them streaming on Twitch.

D

digdug0037

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have way more experience playing poker than my GF but when we play she wins. She knows me very well and that's to her advantage. There far larger numbers of men who play the game than women so that is why you see what you see. Honestly why would you even ask this question though?

H

Hemified

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's not really the gender that matters, it's all about that brain that's operating it. If you play more than the next,yr chances of winning go up with more experience.

Lol..think of it as work the better you get, the more chances of a raise.

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Jlo111888

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No matter for me if a woman get money on the table she s welcome :qd4::ks4::dontknow:

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It's rare to find woman in the top list of the best poker player in the world! Not even one female got any bracelet in her life! So, what is the secret behind that?
It's even very rare to find a woman in the final table of big events!
Maybe the woman is too much brittle, and doesn’t have the nerves for withstanding the poker pressure.
I notice that women are not good in bluffing, and easy to bluff. Maybe this is one of the reasons.
What do you think?

OMG badia232323, good evening man, how do you do? Unfortunately, we are obliged to read these things today. This is something that both Western and Eastern societies have in common: they are utmostly sexists!
I will not swing up the fences in my own defense, because I am suspicious (I am man), but I live in a house with four women (my mother-in-law, my wife, and my two cute daughters), and only a couple of years ago, I would realize how sexist I am!
I understand nothing about women and I still have a lot to learn. They have a different world, a different perspective and even different dreams and aims.
What you say here is pure sexism and should be avoided: women play poker so good as men, but the society was built upon sexist parameters, so if a woman sits at a poker table, the men at the table will look at the woman as an alien.
It is very intimidading for women to play, but they are there, there are several female players who are incredible, such as Liv Boeree, Vanessa Selbst, Fatima Moreira de Melo, Maria Lampropoulos etc (sorry for the spelling mistakes). Yet, female poker players are forced to hear ludicrous comments such this unfortunate post you made:
When you say that women "don't have the nerves" or that women "are easy to bluff", you are being very limited, prejudiced with your thoughts.
Saying these things you are just reproducing and overspreading more sexism about women, which is awful. I hope you reconsider the things you said. It is very dangerous to defend and make jokes of such a serious subject in the 21th Century: by doing this, you are automatically making many women give up of playing poker which is sad for the community.
The first step is to admit to yourself that you understand nothing about women and that you are sexist.
The second step is try to change and be a better man, trying to understand how history and literature pictured women as "devils" such as Helen of Troy or Eve in the Paradise, we are sick of this reproduction, of this false image of women.
Once you understand that you are sexist and that you need to change your behavior towards women, you won't make such sad comments about women anymore.
I'm little bit sad to read this :mad:

PS: If you are a woman you have to reconsider if you are not thinking as the sexist society desires you to think: that you are not subject of your own history, but object.

Regards;

Carlos 'Aballinamion' Barbosa