Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think your post sounds sexist.
When the girls start reading it you might hear from a few of them.
The reason there are so few female finalists at poker is simple.
Odds, there is so few female participants compared to male that the odds are a female will not
be at the final table and will not win a largely male dominated field of players.
It's definitely NOT because men are "better".
Reverse it, put 10 men among 1000 woman and I bet those ten men do not make the final table or win.

good post! I agree 100%

P86

P86

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Men are not they just have the number as there are much more invilved but the biggest mistake ever is to underestimate women on a poker table

J

JAAMEZz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's rare to find woman in the top list of the best poker player in the world! Not even one female got any bracelet in her life! So, what is the secret behind that?
It's even very rare to find a woman in the final table of big events!
Maybe the woman is too much brittle, and doesn’t have the nerves for withstanding the poker pressure.
I notice that women are not good in bluffing, and easy to bluff. Maybe this is one of the reasons.
What do you think?

lets see if i can put this in a way you may understand why this is a sexist comment. all i did was replace woman/female with moroccan. see how that sits.

why Canadians are superior to Moroccans in poker
It's rare to find Moroccans in the top list of the best poker player in the world! Not even one Moroccan got any bracelet in their life! So, what is the secret behind that?
It's even very rare to find a Moroccan in the final table of big events!
Maybe the Moroccan is too much brittle, and doesn’t have the nerves for withstanding the poker pressure.
I notice that Moroccan are not good in bluffing, and easy to bluff. Maybe this is one of the reasons.
What do you think?

N

nameless1537

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There was once a point where I had quasi-respect for your posts and what you were trying to do. And then I see this post... and all that respect has gone out the window because of this thread.

Broad stroke generalizations based on gender is so out of line and shows such total ignorance. There is no room in this world for this kind of worldview. Are you creating this thread to piss people off?

C

ChicoRSC

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It`s a really stupid post... I hope that u start to think better about the questions around here...

Spaceman

Spaceman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you truly believe that because you are a man you are superior to women in poker?

There are a ton of female poker players in Cardchat that could bankrupt you in poker just for the fun of it, maybe that could teach you a lesson or two..

ironduke11

ironduke11

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
a woman player suggests that men are more ego and achievement driven than women players who are more community oriented

frank174

frank174

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is a ton of great women poker players out there not all play tournaments wouldn't want to sit a cash table with any of the Pro's on the circuit,rating one's poker skill with tournament wins doesn't tell the whole story

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Obviously boys think with their penis
;)

is that why you don't say much :p
but that's just a myth anyway, the brain is often consulted just overruled ;)

men are smarter, handsomer, stronger, better cooks then women, men are better in sports, men just rule the world.

Women get along with men at swimming.
Thats because we have more muscles then women, muscles are heavy.

Also women have a higher fat percentage at their body, so the float a little in the water.

:icon_rr:

happy you found a good one but not true across the board :D

SAKhur

SAKhur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I noticed that women play more tight, so they are more predictable. Men use it and don't allow them to be at the final table. :ahhhhh: I apologize to women :)

D

DONTSHOW

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
lol

Lol this is a funny post. Women get underestimated by men when they are playing.

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
because woman is woman and female is female,
When a female starts playing poker the situation will change!

:captain::captain::captain::D:D:D:D:D:D:D
All women are females, but not all females are women. A woman is a female human being. So are you suggesting that females of other animal species should be playing poker?

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's rare to find woman in the top list of the best poker player in the world! Not even one female got any bracelet in her life! So, what is the secret behind that?
Maybe the woman is too much brittle, and doesn’t have the nerves for withstanding the poker pressure.
I notice that women are not good in bluffing, and easy to bluff. Maybe this is one of the reasons.
What do you think?

Not even one female got any bracelet in her life?
Here’s a breakdown of all of the women who have won WSOP bracelets in events other than the Ladies only tournament.

1979: Starla Brodie – $600 Mixed Doubles 7 Card Stud
1982: Vera Richmond – $1,000 Ace to 5 Draw
1996: Barbara Enright – $2,500 Pot-Limit Hold’em
1997: Linda Johnson – $1,500 Razz
1997: Maria Stern – $1,500 Seven-Card Stud
2000: Jerri Thomas – $1,500 Seven-Card Stud
2000: Jennifer Harman – $5000, NL 2-7
2001: Nani Dollison – $2,000 Limit HE
2002: Jennifer Harman – $5,000 Limit HE
2004: Cyndy Violette – $2,000 Seven-Card Stud/8
2004: Kathy Liebert $1,500 Limit Hold’em Shootout
2004: Annie Duke – $1,500 Omaha High-Low 8/OB
2007: Katja Thater – $1,500 Razz
2008: Vanessa Selbst – $1,500 PLO
2012: Vanessa Selbst – $2,500 10 Game Mix
2013: Dana Castaneda – $1,000 NL Hold’em.
2013: Loni Harwood – $1,500 NL Hold’em.
2014: Vanessa Selbst – $2,500 Omaha Seven Card Stud Hi-Lo Split 8 or Better
2015: Carol Fuchs – $1,500 Dealers Choice
2016: Kristen Bicknell – $1,500 NL Hold’em Bounty
2016: Safiya Umerova – $1,500 No-Limit Hold’em Shootout
2017: Liv Boeree – $10,000 Tag Team No-Limit Hold’em Championship
2018: Nikita Luther – $1,000 Tag Team No-Limit Hold’em

ASMautoneJr

ASMautoneJr

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All women are females, but not all females are women. A woman is a female human being. So are you suggesting that females of other animal species should be playing poker?

FEMELA HUMAN is FEMALE HUMAN

WOMAN is WOMAN !

you write yourself and do not interpret what you write!

when the woman becomes a human female, oh yes !!

:elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::icon_stud:icon_stud:icon_stud:icon_stud:icon_stud:icon_stud:icon_stud:icon_stud:icon_stud:icon_stud:icon_stud:icon_stud:icon_stud:icon_stud:icon_stud:icon_stud:icon_stud Ap5

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
FEMELA HUMAN is FEMALE HUMAN

WOMAN is WOMAN !

you write yourself and do not interpret what you write!

when the woman becomes a human female, oh yes !!

:elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::icon_stud:icon_stud:icon_stud:icon_stud:icon_stud:icon_stud:icon_stud:icon_stud:icon_stud:icon_stud:icon_stud:icon_stud:icon_stud:icon_stud:icon_stud:icon_stud:icon_stud Ap5

Thank you for your quick reply. Sorry I engaged you in the first place. Congratulations on your good sense of humor and your quality posts.

ASMautoneJr

ASMautoneJr

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you for your quick reply. Sorry I engaged you in the first place. Congratulations on your good sense of humor and your quality posts.

and high post interpretation!
human female
Hope this helps !

:D:D:D

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you think?
Yes, I see a lot of women playing poker in good expensive world events, but few people reach the final tables or win cups or other prizes, I also think that few women can make big bluffs, so maybe this is the reason or it just happens bad luck in such cases in the game!

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Women just have a different mindset. that's fine

dgellitson

dgellitson

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I'm loving this thread thus far haha.

M

myquickwit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hmm how can poker players refer to that due to a very small population of woman out of the total population of poker players the percentage of woman winners is smaller than the sub population of woman out of the total population?

the only thing i can say if players continous using this kind of statistic ansæyzes - i like to play a little cash games with them😂

Explain how it is statistically wrong? So if we reverse the ratio of men vs women in tournaments with women being the majority you still think that men would win more bracelets?

Tvorets

Tvorets

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All the matter in the promotion of women's poker world.

M

myquickwit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you think?

Vanessa selbst has 3 bracelets so I don't understand your "not even one female got any bracelet in her life" comment. Maybe you are referring to the main event. Otherwise it makes no sense.

ToNy70929

ToNy70929

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
In relation to the number of men playing, there are very few girls playing. Therefore, the likelihood of girls getting to the final table is much less. Another reason for the lack of girls at the final tables is often unjustified bluffs in the game. Very often, girls bluffing believe that men as gentlemen give way to them😎

M

myquickwit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hmm how can poker players refer to that due to a very small population of woman out of the total population of poker players the percentage of woman winners is smaller than the sub population of woman out of the total population?

the only thing i can say if players continous using this kind of statistic ansæyzes - i like to play a little cash games with them😂

Lets put 8 professional women poker players and 1 professional man poker player at a table and lets see how many times the man wins the table. You're not even being logical. According to you the man should win more times than the 8 women do. That's just dumb. We can play anytime you want genius.

G

Guernica1974

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Explain how it is statistically wrong? So if we reverse the ratio of men vs women in tournaments with women being the majority you still think that men would win more bracelets?

basically if woman players equals 14 % of all players statistically woman should win 14% of all tournaments! if the theory that male and female players are equally good.

if they win less - statistically they are outperformed by male players.

as to bracelets i dont know the exact numbers given out on a historic basis but someone mentioned woman players have won a total of 23 which seems as a low number (but again i dont know the actual total number). in order for woman not being outperformed by male players the total numbers of bracelets ever given out cannot be bigger than 165.

there may be other reasons why females is outperformed by male players but IT IS NOT due to the low numbers of female players compared to numbers of male players!

i am saying everyone referring to the low number of female players as a reason why you dont see that many female winners are completely wrong and has clearly not understood statistics!