Make a living with poker, is it possible?

f_lampa

f_lampa

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think that you can easily make an allowance for yourself :)

in order to make a living playing poker, you need to play better than many people, for this you need to study a lot, and gain knowledge every day

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
In the long run, with enough money and a great desire to devote yourself to poker, the option of making good money is possible.

P

Panda19977

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Needs a lot of learning for that

yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
the house always wins, but I don't consider poker a game of chance.
since it has stipulated values and someone who is playing wins, what the house wins is its percentage and not everything you see like in other games.
in my opinion in that statement, poker should not be included.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
We all know that nowadays, with all the technology and increasingly easy Internet access, many people are looking for ways to earn money through the Internet. And they see poker as a possibility of that happening. On the other hand, we know that it is a double edged blade, since you can win or lose. Even with a lot of bankroll management, studies, research and experience, we know that in the end the house is always the winner. In your opinion, is it possible to make money playing games or just a financial supplement? View attachment 330513
Hi.
Yes, of course you can. If this was not possible, poker would not be so popular. But you have to be realistic and clearly assess your chances. I think only 7-8% out of 100 will be able to achieve relative success.

ENRIQUE23977

ENRIQUE23977

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Most of us should play poker in addition to having a job that will pay all of our bills. A very small percentage of players can make enough money consistently to cover their bills and expenses, You need to have about 6 months worth of income in the bank to see you through the bad months that ALL players have.

Before quitting a job to play poker you should already be a consistent winner at stakes that would enable to earn a sufficient income and have enough time to devote to studying.

I would much rather play for fun. :)
Of course you have to have fun playing poker, because if you don't it will become torture when you hit a losing streak.

I believe that you have to set goals, fight to achieve them, improve every day trying to be a better player, look for our leaks and correct mistakes to achieve success.
There are only 5% of the player who really make a good profit playing poker and 94% of it is either making even or going broke.

1% are the top players in the world.
It is very nice to dream of all the fantastic things that poker TV and the Poker Boom show us with Chris Moneymaker. What Poker Player doesn't dream of being a winning player and reaching these players who are in the media?

It is really very difficult to achieve it, when looking at these percentages, you have to have
a gift or love poker and study, strive to achieve it. But it is not a path of flowers, there are many obstacles on the way. But it is not impossible, "Wanting is Power" ;)