Make a living with poker, is it possible?

muzenza2012

muzenza2012

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
We all know that nowadays, with all the technology and increasingly easy Internet access, many people are looking for ways to earn money through the Internet. And they see poker as a possibility of that happening. On the other hand, we know that it is a double edged blade, since you can win or lose. Even with a lot of bankroll management, studies, research and experience, we know that in the end the house is always the winner. In your opinion, is it possible to make money playing games or just a financial supplement? Images

passat1600

passat1600

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Poker can bring good money, but it is the result of good play. If you do not devote enough time to training and competent distribution of forces, you can quickly lose your profit and bankroll.

meagain00

meagain00

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Sure you can make some money playing poker, but in a long term. You have to study a lot, perform a good bankroll management (my failure!) and be persistent.

Respect yourself, start with freerolls and small buy ins, play, play, play, play, (and study, of course). Someday you'll realize money coming!

GL

meagain00

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
If you can make a living from poker, you need dedication, perseverance and time!!!

Skot_Gy

Skot_Gy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
It is possible, because a lot of ppl is doing it...
But as said above, study, focus, patience, perseverance... are the way to it

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most of us should play poker in addition to having a job that will pay all of our bills. A very small percentage of players can make enough money consistently to cover their bills and expenses, You need to have about 6 months worth of income in the bank to see you through the bad months that ALL players have.

Before quitting a job to play poker you should already be a consistent winner at stakes that would enable to earn a sufficient income and have enough time to devote to studying.

I would much rather play for fun. :)

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course you can. But you need to be ready for the sick ride.

R

Rmi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
If there is study and dedication if possible, otherwise it is unthinkable to want to live from poker.

Tadi

Tadi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
I am not a profitable player, I think that it is necessary to invest a lot of time and effort, learn, be disciplined... but to live only from poker it can a small number of people. The safest thing is to do some work, and the eventual earnings from poker could improve our budget and vice versa.

valen.bs.95

valen.bs.95

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Of course you can) But a very small number of players can do this

dartablasta

dartablasta

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Discipline, bankroll management// If you have this 2 things, u can live from poker! :D

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
it is very hard ...but not imposible :)...if you have money to spare a/ spend them on buy-ins in tourneys and find out :)...good luck :)

ramorleans

ramorleans

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are only 5% of the player who really make a good profit playing poker and 94% of it is either making even or going broke.

1% are the top players in the world.

D

danydidi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well I think it's a dream for most of poker players ,but I think it's impossible or maybe very very hard to do .I tried doing it and I didn't succeed .

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
There are so many players who make a living from it

pankoffff

pankoffff

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If you want to achieve results, you must devote all your time to poker, learn and analyze.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
the answer is obviously yes possible, but if you know how to play and spend time practicing poker, it also takes a long time so if you're ready to do it, you can win money

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if you are a disciplined player, studious and you work well on your winning style of play, in the end you will become a profitable player, if it is possible to make a living from poker when you set your mind to it, because you will go up levels and that is where the money really is.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Making money from on-line Poker is definitely possible, Making enough to live on is a different story. It all depends on what you consider enough to live on and where in the World you live?
I made a bit over 6 months but certainly not enough to pay bills etc, but I found I was playing up to 12 hours a day 7 gays a week and basically it became a job more than a pastime.
I retired from my previous job 10 years ago and my Pensions pay for everything now, I don't need to work! But playing Poker at that volume just didn't feel right, I was putting in more hours playing Poker than I did in my last job!
Poker has to be Fun! If it isn't, then it is not worth playing!

kley126

kley126

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Of course, if you only have to dedicate yourself to setting goals, strategies, a lot of study and perseverance in poker, everything is possible and you can be a great winner.

78mariusz

78mariusz

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are so many factors that determine a professional poker player, that's why it is definitely more enjoyable to play poker just for fun only, than as a main life income