Lost my day job, blew my bankroll - Happy 2009

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you're going to be playing PLO, you'll need at least 40 buy-ins for ring games.

J

James Godfrey

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find that playing poker when you have problems in you personal life is like throwing chalk and cheese together...

Due to the loss of job, subconciously you are possibly having money worries and feel like you need to make money fast in order to recover the lost earnings off your day job... you need to take a break from the game until you have your personal life balanced out again...

This way you wont make any gambling (get rich quick) decisions in your game, and you will start to think of the LOOOOOOONG term game once again.

In the past I have owed a few thousand out and have played poker and I find that TILT catches on very easily and quickly when things go wrong, this is due to the fact that $500 when your loaded in cash is nothing to cry over but when you are in debt, its a lot of cash, and you feel like slitting ur wrists lol.

Good Luck!

G

glemly

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah, basically what riverboatratt said, BRM, and i would advise dropping stakes for awhile intill you get back into the swing of things.

TheUndertaker

TheUndertaker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sorry to hear that man but keep your head up and try to focus better on your poker game, don't play with too much emotion.You can also stop playing for a while clear your head.

R

ricki186

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
all i can advise you is to

not gamble STOP IT , get it in your head you can only win if you have control dont let greed take over,

i made 1400 dollars two days ago from 300 dollors and i lost it all, when your playing you dont really think about it ,

but when reality sinks in you will realise that its not worth it,

even though i am a really good player you have to realise that once your on tilt things just get worser,

you dont need gambling money,

as you will only give it back .....

Eugenius

Eugenius

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It happens man...

I had a terrible tilt session earlier this month. My worst session ever, actually. I tilted off $1400 in 6 hours in a $1/$2 game... It started out with losing $200 on the first hand (ran into a set), then my AA got cracked 10 minutes later for another $300. I should have just stopped playing then... but I didn't.

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
low roller

I'm a low roller, but what my dad told me a long time ago, before he passed away, don't play with sweat money. I think this applies to any level of stakes or bankroll. If I have that added pressure of "having to win" I won't play my regular game, therefore I'll make bad decisions.

Take care

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont think you need to give up poker

but just be sure to clear your head before ya sit down

at any given table. some people meditate! maybe you could even give this a try.

anyways best of luck in everything and everything happens for a reason.

keep ya head up soldier.

A

aceup21

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well

Well it happens to the best of us, you wouldnt believe i lost my entire bankroll in one night at absolutepoker. About 2700. I can remember it like it just happened and that was about a year ago. But theres hope.........
From what i learned, Well.. I didnt really learn it was just the way i was determined to play. Anyways after that i really tightened up my game and was able to fold and make those tough laydowns. In a way im a better player because of it. If losing your entire bankroll doesnt make you learn then i would suggest picking up a book and not playing on tilt. When you start feeling tired or bored Certainly take a break because you will Eventually do it again. I hope this helps you

GL and hope to see u at the tables

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Step back ....

Don't play until your head is straight.

Good luck and I hope things work out for you .....

teabagger357

teabagger357

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
big loss

Sorry to hear about your big losses. I know the feeling though I didn't lose my job but I lost about $200 on pokerstars and $100 on I really don't play alot of ring games mainly mmt games but last weekend I thought i would play some ring games . LOl mistake I got put on tilt by donks and instead of walking away I keep going and started playing to many hands and chasing . Its easy to give advice but to stick to sometimes it is hard when you get tilted.

ukaliks

ukaliks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Smoke a phat one, Get butt naked, Fire up the laptop and start making them millions baby!!

OR

Sell ur body to strangers and play in the wsop main event. Cash out, get ur dignity bk then go live ur life!!

DenisXS

DenisXS

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mate what i would consider to you is to stop poker for a while and get yourself suited, then do what you want to do mate

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management