Lost my day job, blew my bankroll - Happy 2009

xxxgandhi666

xxxgandhi666

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
have the same problems lost my job then started to play to much at bodog were i had 450$ i kept losing all good hands lost in 1 day 15 times AA most to under pair that hit trips like 55 and they gone all in day they i played very good solid poker got unlucky and unluckyer and lost all cause i could keep my head right when i was strong scared for the suck outs and always got a suck out others always got there river even when they were in with biggest crep sometimes have the feelin the sites pay off donk moves always get donked out

i stopped playing bodog still have 50$ but at the moment my head aint right with that site also have the same with stars donk site if the feellin aint right with a site dont play it for a time and thats what u maybe also have at stars

i now play at 4 new sites and only play freerolls and makin some little dollars. a new stars at other site can refresh ur game plus at stars u have to play an other game then bodog and tilt also its were u have best feellin for the cards

puppyfeet

puppyfeet

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
have the same problems lost my job then started to play to much at bodog were i had 450$ i kept losing all good hands lost in 1 day 15 times AA most to under pair that hit trips like 55 and they gone all in day they i played very good solid poker got unlucky and unluckyer and lost all cause i could keep my head right when i was strong scared for the suck outs and always got a suck out others always got there river even when they were in with biggest crep sometimes have the feelin the sites pay off donk moves always get donked out

i stopped playing bodog still have 50$ but at the moment my head aint right with that site also have the same with stars donk site if the feellin aint right with a site dont play it for a time and thats what u maybe also have at stars

i now play at 4 new sites and only play freerolls and makin some little dollars. a new stars at other site can refresh ur game plus at stars u have to play an other game then bodog and tilt also its were u have best feellin for the cards

Dude, mix in some punctuation marks!:D

Ronaldadio

Ronaldadio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Update to my situation...

Hi all and thanks for your kind comments and support again.

The bottom line is there are a lot of people in a worse state than I am or ever will be - so I am thankful for that.

What I am going to do is push my other job - I`m a performer. Check out my website and leave some nice comments in my guestbook if you want - check vids and pics :) www.ukelvis.co.uk (UK site)

Sometimes you need things to happen to give you a push I guess. I was planning going full time with the show around April - things have just been speeded up I suppose.

Thanks again all.

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker Wise I think you should just drop limits possibly right down to 2nl if your a cash game player or like 50 cent SNG's.

This way you can grind it out and still have your poker time and any money there is a bonus just think of playing as fun time not money making time. Results will then hopefully come.

Pretty cool to see your an Elvis performer, I live in the UK so maybe get some free marketing, like facebook groups or whatever so you can get your name around as much as possible.

almostfamous1003

almostfamous1003

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sorry about your plight. I do feel your pain as i am in a similiar situation.
As for BRM check this out http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/images/ourTeam/audio/Pod02-Jesus-Bankroll.mp3

I have followed this strategy and thus far it has worked very well for me.
Not to mention anytime you hear the story about turning 1 dollar into upwards of 20,000 it always makes a poker player remember why he/she plays
Good luck to you

left52side

left52side

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry to hear about your start in 2009.
Hope it gets better for you.

N

nykel88

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry to hear that man.. Do responsible gaming.. try not to play poker and dont get tilt! More importantly dont neglect your job for poker.

frisellan

frisellan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry to hear about the tough times. You have been given some solid advice. Except for the play blackjack but he is new so whatcha gonna do. I've lost quite a bit of money on the old "life tilt" and it can snowball fast. A break is sounding like a good idea. Or if you just have to play and still have some self control- use the one dollar rule. Nothing over one dollar and one table at a time. The 90 player sng are a decent return on a dollar. Don't lose your other bankrolls or you'll just make things worse, and above all else do not play while drinking right now.

(I guess I'll quit bitching about year two of my company's salary freeze)

Ronaldadio

Ronaldadio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
and above all else do not play while drinking right now.

Every cloud has a silver lining - I don`t drink :D

And again, thanks for all you advice.

I will let u know over the next few days what is happening on the poker front.

I doubt I will stop playing.

T

TIGERSTUMP

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
WITHDRAW MOST OV YE DLLRS ,,,WEN U START PLAYIN POKER WITH A SMALL ROLL ULE SOON START PLAYIN SOLID POKER AGIAN....HANG IN THERE

JDVB

JDVB

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My advice to you is to stop playing poker. You should not gamble what you can not afford to lose. You need to take that money out. All that time you are playing poker, you should be looking for a job.

qwerrk

qwerrk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don`t drink :D

Well, now that we have gotten to the bottom of the problem, I recommend hard liquor (non-premium brands only), 40's by the case and taking up cigars if you don't smoke 'em already.

Seriously though, best of luck in your search and/or launching your celebrity, it's a whole lot about attitude -- keep it positive, good things will come (sorta like poker ;) ).

ty, tyvm <--- in my best Elvis voice

deight

deight

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok,

Here is what I think:

1) Don't stop playing poker. Just take a small break. For me it would be a from 2 to 7 days.

2) At the same time just go to a book store and read something about poker. Just have fun. If you don't feel like poker, so something else cause you have some free time now.

3) Don't play at the lower limits. I noticed that I personally can't play 1$ SNG for example because I start to gamble. 1$ doesn't like anything important so I don't care. If yuo have 0$ in your account, just deposit enought to start all over again with the limit you feel comfortable with.

4) Move to Vegas and go Pro Bro. This is what I am gonna do in a month.

See you at the table! Good luck!

jimboliah

jimboliah

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That is tough, I mean losing $700. But, as you said, still got your night job,HUH.
I got no job and no bankroll.

C

chapstick

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Buddy, I've got 3 word for you. Bank Roll Management. You gotta move up and down the levels to be successful. Actually, I would go back to the .01-.02 or .05-.10 tables and pretend that you don't have anymore than 3 bucks. Build up a $20-$30 bank roll to get your confidence back up. It always works for me. (It's why I started the 10k bankroll challenge this year, and I'm having fun playing poker again)

Chap.

thetaxman1

thetaxman1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Focus, It is all a mater of focus. You have lost the focus. When you win the Focus is intense. So set your self up for success. Play while rested. Time your sessions for best retention levels. Relax and excell.
best of luck

qwerrk

qwerrk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
buckster436

buckster436

Cardschat Hall of Famer - RIP Buck
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
sorry to hear that, its tough all over, really get into BRM now, dont waste a cent,, gl,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, buck:)

B

beatlebug

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sorry about your times

I know how difficult it is when things aren't going quite your way. My best advice is to play through it. Try to learn from the mistakes you make and do not repeat those mistakes. Eventually, your game will come back around.

I sometimes just play the freerolls till my game is back. You can also lower your stakes. That is up to you. Just remember that your game will come back. Try to enjoy the game once more.

Trillyone :)

Ronaldadio

Ronaldadio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
An update...

Hi all.

an update on my situation.

First, thanks for the advice. Like everyone, I have taken on board all of it, but only used some of it. However, the fact I`m able to talk about it with people who have been there has helped.

On starst I was down to my last $9.45, and I know, I should have managed my bankroll better.

However, two days ago I felt better in myself and thought "It is only $10, so if I blow it I blow it" I entered the PLO $5 buy in and guess what, out of 150 entries I made 4th :D , making $65.63 or $60.13 after my buy in.

So I am now going to take on board all of your advice and try and grind it out again.

As a side issue, I have read a variety of different bankroll thoughts.

What % of my bankrll as a max should I use for

MTT
SNG
Ring

Imagine my bankroll was $60 (I`ll keep a few $$$$ in the bank ;) )

Thanks

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Chris fergusons bankroll % could be useful for you as your in a similar situation as him.
I cant post links on here so I will pm you

P

potman1250

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just recently got laid off myself. been drinkiing and playing poker excessively. think i need a less expensive hobby!

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management