🤔Is live and online poker the same in terms of odds and randomness of card distribution?

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Hello everyone:)
First of all, I am a big fan of playing online poker.
As we know, online poker programs are man-made, and they are limited in intelligence. They also rank the quality of players' playing by points and ranking Can this ranking affect and have a role regarding the question i raised?
Yes, what these programmers are doing is worthy of appreciation, but my question has been asked by you too :) So are these programmers able to put in a good proportion all the random possibilities of the distribution of hands as in live poker.
And if that is not possible. What is the best and most important to learn and gain experience and mastery playing in both, live or online poker?

weezy1312

weezy1312

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TN
Chips
hello, i am not sure about the software ranking players, i didn't know for example that ps is ranking players but there is other sites that do based on the results you had on such poker sites you mean those? if so it got no effect on the gaming because it is a third party gathering info and bringing those stats, as for computer randomness such a thing doesn't exist, there is some advanced algorithms that mimic a random behavior but if you execute it twice and track it you'll see the same 'random' numbers appearing at the same order, what they do is they add a changing variable to the mix to change the outcome for example at every hand to be dealt it takes the exact time of that moment ( down to the micro seconds if needed ) so patterns don't show up when we are trying to get something random. hope i didn't bore you ^^ and of course this is just speculations on how they might do it i have no clue how they really do it ^^ but in such case the randomness of card distribution is better than live poker but at the same time as i can make it almost perfectly 'random' i can do so that every few hands a cooler is distributed between random players of the table to help the chips getting in faster and generate more rake by accelerating the games or rebuys XD again more specualtions :D

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
As we know, online poker programs are man-made, and they are limited in intelligence. They also rank the quality of players' playing by points and ranking Can this ranking affect and have a role regarding the question i raised?
Yes, what these programmers are doing is worthy of appreciation, but my question has been asked by you too :) So are these programmers able to put in a good proportion all the random possibilities of the distribution of hands as in live poker.
And if that is not possible. What is the best and most important to learn and gain experience and mastery playing in both, live or online poker?
it is the same thing. 52 cards. same. (deals are not pre-determined in online poker).
Would the world's TOP nlhe tournament players be regularly playing $10,000 buyins online if the deal was suspect?

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
hello, i am not sure about the software ranking players, i didn't know for example that ps is ranking players but there is other sites that do based on the results you had on such poker sites you mean those? if so it got no effect on the gaming because it is a third party gathering info and bringing those stats, as for computer randomness such a thing doesn't exist, there is some advanced algorithms that mimic a random behavior but if you execute it twice and track it you'll see the same 'random' numbers appearing at the same order, what they do is they add a changing variable to the mix to change the outcome for example at every hand to be dealt it takes the exact time of that moment ( down to the micro seconds if needed ) so patterns don't show up when we are trying to get something random. hope i didn't bore you ^^ and of course this is just speculations on how they might do it i have no clue how they really do it ^^ but in such case the randomness of card distribution is better than live poker but at the same time as i can make it almost perfectly 'random' i can do so that every few hands a cooler is distributed between random players of the table to help the chips getting in faster and generate more rake by accelerating the games or rebuys XD again more specualtions :D

You should put a link to this post in your staking thread. I'm sure you'd drum up some action :p

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Since the game is very slow in live poker, players expand their ranges to the point that they play almost half of their hands and very rarely pay attention to position. Live poker players have a poor understanding of pot odds. They may not realize that in this particular case they are "obliged" to call because of the pot odds. It's common to see them folding preflop when their pot odds are more than 3 to 1. They're also not sure when to draw and when to fold. However, there are some well-known differences between playing live and playing online. Knowing these differences greatly increases your chances of success in a live game. At live tables, you will most often play against people, not their cards. If in online poker 40-50 hands are enough for you to evaluate your opponent according to some basic parameters that do not require a large selection, then in a live game you simply do not have such an opportunity, because you will play such a number of hands for 2 hours, if not more . Therefore, you need to look for additional information in any sources.

spunka

spunka

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
….., as for computer randomness such a thing doesn't exist, there is some advanced algorithms that mimic a random behavior but if you execute it twice and track it you'll see the same 'random' numbers appearing at the same order, what they do is they add a changing variable to the mix to change the outcome for example at every hand to be dealt it takes the exact time of that moment ( down to the micro seconds if needed ) so patterns don't show up when we are trying to get something random. hope i didn't bore you ^^ and of course this is just speculations on how they might do it i have no clue how they really do it ^^ but in such case the randomness of card distribution is better than live poker but at the same time as i can make it almost perfectly 'random' i can do so that every few hands a cooler is distributed between random players of the table to help the chips getting in faster and generate more rake by accelerating the games or rebuys XD again more specualtions :D
Depends on if the seed is a random seed…. If the seed is not random then it happends as you point out, however if the seed is random then it will not be the same, as far as I know at least pokerstars number is full random. See www.pokerstars/rng

weezy1312

weezy1312

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TN
Chips
Depends on if the seed is a random seed…. If the seed is not random then it happends as you point out, however if the seed is random then it will not be the same, as far as I know at least pokerstars number is full random. See www.pokerstars/rng
the link doesn't work for me but yeah of course as I said they could use the real-time as a seed that's an easy generator of a lifetime unique seeds, no date and time goes twice ) with the number of hands going on on the poker software and the number of random numbers generated every second it is impossible to make any kind of read in patterns even if there are patterns ^^

ikescherer

ikescherer

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I believe that online randomness is better than the dealers shuffle. It is just impossible to predict

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I read about research into live poker shuffling in some poker book. But i don’t remember exactly, it seems to be quite random distribution almost always if there are no schulers ))

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
To be honest, I don't bother with something like that :) ; well, let's assume that there was something wrong, what could we do, apart from stop playing?! , so it seems to me a question asked so that you are on the job...since you can't do anything...:))

spunka

spunka

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

yep lin was to a dk site of pokerstars can't get into the *.com, but here is a vid ;)
the link doesn't work for me but yeah of course as I said they could use the real-time as a seed that's an easy generator of a lifetime unique seeds, no date and time goes twice ) with the number of hands going on on the poker software and the number of random numbers generated every second it is impossible to make any kind of read in patterns even if there are patterns
And your are right about using the date and milliseconds, I did that once for naming files that had to be uniq, as you I did try the @rand stuff but as you point out it do not work. ---

>time
The current time is: 0:14:38,22

Last edited:
Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Hello :)
I have noticed with my little experience of over 14 years that if I mean to play badly or sometimes or when we fall into the badbeat in any of the online poker sites, something suspicious and surprising happens where only rubbish or booby-trapped hands are distributed to me, as if The poker program deals with the situation with one form or another of artificial intelligence or programming. I've noticed this happen over and over again, unfortunately it can't happen in live poker, unless the dealer can do it and that's impossible.

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've improved my live poker a lot because of online poker, so...

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
it is the same thing. 52 cards. same. (deals are not pre-determined in online poker).
Would the world's TOP nlhe tournament players be regularly playing $10,000 buyins online if the deal was suspect?
Hello my friend,
As for what I posted, I didn't mean that poker sites do cheating or something suspicious, I'm sure that poker sites are doing everything they can to improve poker programs in a way that simulates live poker.
Also, my friend, poker sites cannot sacrifice their reputation and the good profits they earn for a few dollars, but I see the opposite. They always try and in every way to reassure customers and gain their trust.
What I mean my friend is my question is whether live and online poker can be the same in terms of odds and randomness of distribution cards?

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I've improved my live poker a lot because of online poker, so...
If you see that online poker has improved your performance in the live, I also say that sometimes and I say the opposite sometimes as well.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Hello my friend,

What I mean my friend is my question is whether live and online poker can be the same in terms of odds and randomness of distribution cards?
I understood your question & my response is 'it is EXACTLY the same!'

TulasMoreno

TulasMoreno

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
Of course not, randomness is not the same in online poker.

apLike

apLike

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
My friend - programs can do everything, they are smarter and faster than a person.

weezy1312

weezy1312

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TN
Chips
Hello :)
I have noticed with my little experience of over 14 years that if I mean to play badly or sometimes or when we fall into the badbeat in any of the online poker sites, something suspicious and surprising happens where only rubbish or booby-trapped hands are distributed to me, as if The poker program deals with the situation with one form or another of artificial intelligence or programming. I've noticed this happen over and over again, unfortunately it can't happen in live poker, unless the dealer can do it and that's impossible.
Compared to live poker, in online poker we do play wayyyy a lot of hands since it is wayyy faster so we will end up eventually seeing more badbeats at such a pace that we could never see at a live tournament so we start to question it, at least that's how i see it.

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips

yep lin was to a dk site of pokerstars can't get into the *.com, but here is a vid ;)

And your are right about using the date and milliseconds, I did that once for naming files that had to be uniq, as you I did try the @rand stuff but as you point out it do not work. ---

>time
The current time is: 0:14:38,22
First of all,❤️pokerstars❤️is one of the strongest and best poker rooms ever, and what Mr Lee Jones said is very important and is evidence of the programmers' efficiency and diligence to improve the program's performance to simulate live poker.
But do you think that this hypothesis in the random distribution of cards may be the same in live poker, especially since it is programmed by a programmer or two or more?
Note that Mr Lee Jones said: We extract from this stream a number between 1 and 52 Let's say it is 36 Card number 36 is drawn from the existing deck of cards and then placed on the table. Then we extract from the stream again a number between 1 and 51, and we draw a card. Let's say it's 45. We take card number 45 and then let's add it in this new packet .
I say that these assumptions may happen in online poker, because this can happen quite simply.
But with regard to live poker, these assumptions and equations may occur and this equation may not occur for 10 years, or it may happen for five times in 100 distributions or 200 or 1k or ...., or you may not see this equation throughout your life, and this is what I consider it really random.

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Compared to live poker, in online poker we do play wayyyy a lot of hands since it is wayyy faster so we will end up eventually seeing more badbeats at such a pace that we could never see at a live tournament so we start to question it, at least that's how i see it.
Your opinion is correct, yes, the number of hands we get in an hour in the online poker has multiplied to three or more times the number in the live, and this is a beautiful thing because each of them has its own fun, as well as the characteristics of skills, and what is the strength of patience and reading the movement of opponents.
My question is still on the table :)

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
My friend - programs can do everything, they are smarter and faster than a person.
I agree with you that programs are much faster than humans, but they are not smarter than their makers, my friend

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
From the point of view of the randomness of the cards - the same.
poker-orifice:
I understood your question & my response is 'it is EXACTLY the same!'
Of course, I think a lot of online players and me also when we want to play well and try to win and also when we play well and win we simply say that;)

Last edited:
Organize a Home Poker Game Poker Odds - Pot & Implied Odds - Odds Calculator