Level of luck

q3dm4pro

q3dm4pro

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. Please tell me how you influence the level of luck? Do you recite mantras, wear amulets? Perhaps you have a little ritual for good luck? Please share your experience in this, because in addition to skill, you also need luck, without this it is difficult to take first place in the Sunday Million.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Should you be playing in the Sunday Million or make the Final Table in a wsop event, probably worth sacrificing a virgin. Otherwise all you can do with luck is label it good or bad after it has run you over.
Well, I guess you could work on your game, but hell, who has time for that? ;)

_L0ntana

_L0ntana

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is not an easy task.

If ``skill'' prevails over ``luck'' or vice versa. A smart player can end up beating another with ``lucky''. It would be something like intuition versus reasoning.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I have a problem with this " luck!" Who is it, where does it come from? If you play poker with the idea that luck helps you, you better give up and do something else!

q3dm4pro

q3dm4pro

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Should you be playing in the Sunday Million or make the Final Table in a WSOP event, probably worth sacrificing a virgin. Otherwise all you can do with luck is label it good or bad after it has run you over.
Well, I guess you could work on your game, but hell, who has time for that? ;)

I agree that it is necessary to work on the game. But in order to set myself up for a good, harmonious course of the tournament and a long passage in it, I use a symbolic amulet that brings good luck and before the game I create a special time in which good luck manifests itself. And subjectively it helps me more than if I didn't do it. Attention is fixed on the good moments, and not on those like badbeat me.

q3dm4pro

q3dm4pro

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If ``skill'' prevails over ``luck'' or vice versa. A smart player can end up beating another with ``lucky''. It would be something like intuition versus reasoning.

Yes, I agree with you. If you take two players of the same skill level, during the game one can have more luck, and the second less, and as a result one will win and the other will lose. And, I have no confirmation of this, but it seems to me that it is also true for long distances, say in the year of the game. A player who is correctly attuned to luck will win against someone who does not believe in luck and relies only on mathematics.

Lipki3

Lipki3

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I don't have any rituals. Maybe because I don't play Sunday Million tournaments. Well, in general, luck decides in one single tournament, but if you play 500-1000 such tournaments, then everything will depend on skill.

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. Please tell me how you influence the level of luck? Do you recite mantras, wear amulets? Perhaps you have a little ritual for good luck? Please share your experience in this, because in addition to skill, you also need luck, without this it is difficult to take first place in the Sunday Million.
I don't have any luck rituals and I think luck plays a small part in poker, especially over long distances! But maybe just trying to set yourself up positively before an important tournament will definitely not be a mistake! Good luck at the tables!

testing826

testing826

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
luck is in ta house 70% skill is killer thou an thou

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Dependent on luck to be a winner in poker is valid, but one dependency that must prevail is competence and skill.

flail1

flail1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
When variance is on a down swing (no luck it seems) then minimize your race situations by being a little tighter and then betting aggressively when first to act . Both of these strategies will minimize the perceived bad luck until you get on another upswing and start winning your share when you are ahead - and you feel that luck...

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I agree that it is necessary to work on the game. But in order to set myself up for a good, harmonious course of the tournament and a long passage in it, I use a symbolic amulet that brings good luck and before the game I create a special time in which good luck manifests itself. And subjectively it helps me more than if I didn't do it. Attention is fixed on the good moments, and not on those like badbeat me.

Sounds like a good attitude to me, good luck to you. :)

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Luck is an attitude, you can not change what is meant to be. You can only change your mind set, turn bad into an opportunity and your attitude may change as well. On some of these poker sites, I believe algorithms have more to do with winning or losing then luck. One mans opinion.

thedarkman

thedarkman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips

You're not talking about luck, this is mysticism. Having said that, you can make your own luck by not playing like a lunatic or an idiot, choosing your games wisely, etc.

q3dm4pro

q3dm4pro

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't have any rituals. Maybe because I don't play Sunday Million tournaments. Well, in general, luck decides in one single tournament, but if you play 500-1000 such tournaments, then everything will depend on skill.

I understand you, although your logic is a little strange. How can luck affect one tournament and not affect 1000? If 1000 tournaments are played for 50 a day, maybe I will agree with you. And if one small tournament a day, so as not to turn into a poker zombie, then I think the result will be better here.

q3dm4pro

q3dm4pro

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't have any luck rituals and I think luck plays a small part in poker, especially over long distances! But maybe just trying to set yourself up positively before an important tournament will definitely not be a mistake! Good luck at the tables!

Thanks for your reply. Regarding the setup before the game, I will agree with you on this. And the fact that everyone is lucky at a long distance is about the same, I cannot agree with this statement. This dogma is true for people who do not specifically develop intuition. And for those who have it working well, you can also throw AA into the fold when the flop is 7,9, J and the opponent is olin.

ObiwanJ

ObiwanJ

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not worried about luck. I make a choice and if I loose I try to review if I had odds on my side, if I didn't then I discovered a way to improve. If I played it right but still lost then I chalk it up to variance and move on. I don't like to waste time worrying about luck

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I have no rituals or amelets. I believe that the level of luck of the player is affected only by his patience, discipline and positive attitude towards everyone around.

YYfourU

YYfourU

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Luck is something your born with, just look at my belly button!!! How lucky and unique is that!!

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Without the ability to play and skill, no amulets will help you. Never believed in this nonsense.

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think if you need a bit of luck in some moments of the tournaments. I think you could be 50 and 50 percentages of luck and knowledge.

A

Amdrius

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you really believe that luck can be influenced? Let's pretend this is possible. Some player has a secret way to influence his luck and uses it in every tournament, for example, in the Sunday Million. Luck as a winning factor is a set of actions that, despite the cards in your hand, make you a winner. In all my time, I have never seen a single player take first place in the Sunday Million twice. Those who took the first places played the entire tournament confidently with a high level of playing skill. Luck in poker is a myth, nothing has been proven. Instead of wasting time on her mythical attraction, focus on improving your game skill, and the distance will give you the opportunity to reach the goal.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

Undoubtedly luck is important, but I say something around 20% of the tournament.

The other 80% is just skill.