Let's build some bankroll - who's with me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's better for me to make a profit and stop playing when I'm ahead. Especially when I have things to get done. I sat for maybe an hour, hour and a half at max. I caught some decent hands to make up for some poor play early on.

Progress Update:

Day 0: 100%
Day 1: 107%
Day 2: 109%
Day 3: 92%
Day 4: 101%
Day 5: 100%
Day 6: 107%
Day7: 115%
Day8: ------
Day9: 119%
Day10: 126%

J

JSqualo82

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hey

Hey Chris, with a bankroll like that do you mind me asking what you normally play? for example whats your highest sng that you would play? or what do you sit at a table with.Thanks

Chris_TC

Chris_TC

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you click the "My Info/Defaults" tab, change "Chart Format" to "Image". Go to the "Summary" tab and select anything else but "Total Earnings", then press go.
Thanks! I'll give that a try and maybe start posting a graph every week or so. Everybody else is invited to do the same of course!

Hey Chris, with a bankroll like that do you mind me asking what you normally play? for example whats your highest sng that you would play? or what do you sit at a table with.Thanks
My rules are very similar to Chris Ferguson's. Whenever I buy into an SNG I want to have at least 20 buy-ins left AFTER the buy-in. This means that with $4,200 I could buy into a $200 SNG because I'd have $4,000 left (I ignore the fees entirely).

As I mentioned in an earlier post, the $200 SNGs don't properly fill up at Ongame, and the $100 SNGs will soon not produce enough profit anymore in relation to my bankroll. I always want to maximize the profit, so I'd like to play as high as I can.

Therefore, I'm in the middle of switching to cash games now with multi-table tournaments on the side. This means I'll play two cash games and one tournament (I always play 3 tables).

With a bankroll of 6K, my current cash game limit is now $2/$4, and I buy in for $300. Note that this is violating the rule of having 20 buy-ins left. However, variance in deep-stack cash games is considerably lower than in SNGs so I'm fine with having 15 buy-ins left instead of 20.

Also note that I'm not worried about what most people call "beating a level". I've only played 3000 hands of $1/$2 so far, and I'll move to $2/$4 right away because my bankroll supports it.
I have enough confidence in my play that I'm not at all worried about the competition I face.

As far as multi-table tournament buy-ins go, I want to have left at least 50 buy-ins. So I can (and do) play up to $100 MTTs right now.

Homey Jeromey

Homey Jeromey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My negative percent sign does not work

Chris_TC

Chris_TC

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can't have a negative percentage. As per our definition 0% means you're broke ;)

pigpen02

pigpen02

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Day 82.. 97.5%....
Day 83.. 95.7%....
Day 84.. 96.5%....
Day 85.. 97.0%....
Day 86.. 100.1%....
Day 87.. 99.4%....
Day 88.. 100.9%....

Still trying to regain the 12% downswing from day 79 to day 83. CCoP win gave me a little boost; I am satisfied to make enough to pay the entry fees if I can. I am still in the running for Silver Iron Man, but I may have to be satisfied with Bronze if I miss one more day of 50 FTPoints. Clearing $50 of the first deposit bonus is another goal that I will reach at my present rate.

At just about 100% I surely am not building much, but then again, not losing either. I have spent a LOT of hours learning and generating rake for FTP.

skd1337

skd1337

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Day 0 - 100% ($650)
Day 1 - 107% ($701)
Day 2 - 112% ($732)
Day 3 - 124% ($810)
Day 4 - 144% ($940)
Day 5 - 154% ($1003) - Rakeback Cleared
Day 7 - 160% ($1044)
Day 8 - 149% ($970)
Day 13 - 161% ($1049)
---------------------------------------------

Played 2 SnG's today. 1 x $20 and 1 x $30 crashed out in 6th of te $20 game but won the $30 so all is well. I won the $30 whilst being railed by a tool called URALLAMERICAN. He is awful, if you track him down make sure you play him, he is hilarious! I bet he loved it when I won :D

Chris_TC

Chris_TC

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Progress Update

Day 0: 100% ($2,000)
Day 1: 96% ($1,920)
Day 2: 105% ($2,101)
Day 3: 99% ($1,982)
Day 5: 121% ($2,421)
Day 6: 169% ($3,375)
Day 7: 233% ($4,667)
Day 8: 254% ($5,089)
Day 9: 277% ($5,531)
Day 10: 251% ($5,020)
Day 11: 250% ($4,996)
Day 12: 265% ($5,291)
Day 13: 302% ($6,030)
Day 14: 320% ($6,398)
Day 15: 271% ($5,429)

I don't easily tilt, but right now I'm steaming like a 19th century locomotive. It took me less than 80 minutes to blow 15% of my bankroll.
The first $750 were taken away from me pot by pot through suckouts. Then I donked off another $250
on a blowup (i.e. a bad call - my gut was screaming NOOOOO!! YOU'RE BEAT!!! when I pressed the call button anyway).

At that point I pulled the emergency brake and logged off. No more poker for today. Sometimes I hate this game.

Boltneck

Boltneck

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Day 0: 100% ($131.82)
Day 1: 90% ($118.17)
Day 2: 103% (135.32)
Day 3: 101% (133.67)
Day 4: 112% (147.64)
Day 5: 124% (163.08)
Day 8: 134% (177.25)
Day 10: 159% (209.32)
Day 11: 170% (224.67)
Day 12: 179% (235.56)
Day 13: 191% (251.80)

Day 14: 201% (265.11)

Nothing of interest to report, though pleased to have reached the psychological 200%.

Boltneck

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm done for the night.
I took horrible hits at each table I played. Rivered out on and on...same old news. When things go bad, they seem to get worse. I wish it was because of truly horrible play, but, I could cry from the cards that were hitting board when opponents would call from behind.

I did bad, pretty bad, except for the one tourney I decided to play while I was getting beat down. The $2 tourney qualilfier for Sunday's $100k. Thanks to a little motivation from DaFrench (Thanks buddy) in another thread, I pulled myself together and was in the top 5 from the first half-hour on. Then managed to glide into seat, finishing in 2nd, before they gave us our tickets. I should be happy, but somehow I'm not, because of the horrible beats just taken. O-well.

Progress Update:

Day10: 106%

Cheetah

Cheetah

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Plotting Application for you

Guys, congratulations to all of you. You are making very good progress.

Since you are having trouble creating graphs, I put together an application that you can use for that purpose.

The URL is: http://h3141.dnsalias.com:9001/

Basically, you paste the data as it appears in the forum, and it generates 2 graphs: one for progress in percentage, and another for dollars(if data for dollars is supplied).

The format of the data is very flexible. Only pigpen's data doesn't work because of the periods after numbers. Anything not space, digit or period is ignorred, so you have maximum flexibility.

I pasted your latest data and I am enclosing the corresponding graphs.

If you like this, please let me know and use it when you are updating your results.

If there is sufficient interest, I will add user login so you can add to your data, instead of each time pasting everything. Also, in that case, it would be possible to compare the % progress of multiple players on the same graph. (Of course only if a player wants that)

Everything about the graphs can be changed including size, colors, fonts, type of graph and so on.

This tool differs from pokertracking sites in that I can customize it for your needs.

I hope you find it useful.

Here are the latest graphs:

Attachments

• Boltneck_perc.jpg
    Boltneck_perc.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 117
  • Boltneck_bankroll.jpg
    Boltneck_bankroll.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 111
  • Chris_TC_perc.jpg
    Chris_TC_perc.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 112
  • Chris_TC_bankroll.jpg
    Chris_TC_bankroll.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 111
  • pigpen02_perc.jpg
    pigpen02_perc.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 112
Cheetah

Cheetah

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Plotting Application for you (cont)

Here are the rest of the graphs.

Attachments

• Melkor_perc.jpg
    Melkor_perc.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 112
  • Melkor_bankroll.jpg
    Melkor_bankroll.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 113
  • skd1337_perc.jpg
    skd1337_perc.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 114
  • skd1337_bankroll.jpg
    skd1337_bankroll.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 111
  • wsorbust_perc.jpg
    wsorbust_perc.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 113
Chris_TC

Chris_TC

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Guys, congratulations to all of you. You are making very good progress.

Since you are having trouble creating graphs, I put together an application that you can use for that purpose.
Wow Cheetah, this is absolutely amazing!! :eek:

Thank you so much for supplying this tool, it's simply fantastic!
Is it possible to add subtle grid lines behind the curve graph to make day and amount easier to judge? Like in the Chris Ferguson graph? This would make the curve graph perfect.
But it's really not necessary if it's too much trouble to add

Here's my suggestion for future bankroll updates: only add the last three days as a line of text and insert the graph. The text updates would have become pretty lengthy soon anyway.

Progress Update

Day 14: 320% ($6,398)
Day 16: 279% ($5,585)

After losing so much yesterday, I started out fresh and highly motivated today. Unfortunately I got sucked out left and right, and it was ridiculously hard work (over 7 hours) just to break even.

The highlight of my day was some donk bluffing all-in into an empty side pot. I folded the best hand (Tens on a Queen high board), ended up shortstacked and got busted soon after.

Attachments

• ChrisTC_bankroll.jpg
    ChrisTC_bankroll.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 115
skd1337

skd1337

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wow cheetah, thanks for the graphs - they look awesome!

Good Work!

Boltneck

Boltneck

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's fantastic Cheetah - very nice indeed.

Well, the inevitable happened and the run has come to an end. Nothing too drastic, and hopefully just a blip. I can't honestly say that I did too much wrong, so I'm not going to loose too much sleep over it.

Day 13: 191% (251.80)

Day 14: 201% (265.11)
Day 15: 200% (263.20)

Boltneck

Attachments

• Boltneck_bankroll.jpg
    Boltneck_bankroll.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 113
wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow! Nice job Cheetah. :) Works like a charm.

On the other hand, I'm on a downward spiral, and probably wont need to graph anything out for a while. I'm almost at the point of quitting and transferring over this BR, we'll have a lottery or something.lol
Everyone looks like they're doing pretty decent. Keep it up guys/girls. :)

Last edited:
Cheetah

Cheetah

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow Cheetah, this is absolutely amazing!! :eek:

Thank you so much for supplying this tool, it's simply fantastic!
You are welcome.

Is it possible to add subtle grid lines behind the curve graph to make day and amount easier to judge? Like in the Chris Ferguson graph? This would make the curve graph perfect.
But it's really not necessary if it's too much trouble to add
It is done.:)

If you or anyone have other suggestions, please let me know.

Cheetah

Cheetah

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, the inevitable happened and the run has come to an end. Nothing too drastic, and hopefully just a blip. I can't honestly say that I did too much wrong, so I'm not going to loose too much sleep over it.
Boltneck

If you lose sleep over that, than Chris Fergusson should commit suicide!:laugh: Yours is hardly noticable on the graph.

Cheetah

Cheetah

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On the other hand, I'm on a downward spiral, and probably wont need to graph anything out for a while. I'm almost at the point of quitting and transferring over this BR, we'll have a lottery or something.lol
Everyone looks like they're doing pretty decent. Keep it up guys/girls. :)

Hey, don't give up!

First of all, this is NOT a downward spiral (unless I tilt my monitor to the right:) ).

Secondly, it took Howard Lederer 2 years before he could break even! You seem to be doing better than him.

Analyze your game, see where your leaks are, and plug them one by one. No one is born a winning player.

Cheer up and don't even think about quitting!:dancing2: |<-- border to prevent escape.

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
EH, I was still on a downward tear from yesterday until mid-day. I am currently in midst of a mid-sized comeback after playing two sitngos, placing first and third and further ring play, of course.
Thanks Cheetah, but I don't truly consider giving up. It's just the online poker angst I'm sure most people get. Take a look at that graph and tell me you wouldn't feel the same. lol :) Coincidence the tides turned on the 13th of November? I think not. :eek:
I have to keep the faith.

Progress:

Day11: 98%

Attachments

• GraphData.jpg
    GraphData.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 112
Cheetah

Cheetah

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
EH, I was still on a downward tear from yesterday until mid-day. I am currently in midst of a mid-sized comeback after playing two sitngos, placing first and third and further ring play, of course.
Thanks Cheetah, but I don't truly consider giving up. It's just the online poker angst I'm sure most people get. Take a look at that graph and tell me you wouldn't feel the same. lol :) Coincidence the tides turned on the 13th of November? I think not. :eek:
I have to keep the faith.

Progress:

Day11: 98%

I am telling you: I don't feel the same way.

First of all, the graphing software you are using is based on absolute values and they are stretched to their maximum. So you think you are in a rollocoaster.

Which in a sense you are, but not to the extend of the graphs I see i conjunction with your raw data.

Please don't make me run your data. You know you can do it yourself. And I believe in you!

wsorbust, I believe in you!

Chris_TC

Chris_TC

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You know you can do it yourself. And I believe in you!

wsorbust, I believe in you!
I couldn't agree more. Just keep playing and things will turn around eventually!

On a related note: I wonder what happened to for example donkeyboy1989. He had a really good start, going to over 300% quickly, and we haven't heard from him since.

Folks, this thread is not intended for you to ecstatically post a few updates when you're running good like crazy and vanish when things don't work out.
The updates are supposed to contain both the ups and the downs.

Boltneck

Boltneck

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was in rather a hurry when I posted my results yesterday, so didn't have time to comment as I would have liked to on Cheetah's graphing software. I thinks it really helpful, and is thoroughly appreciated by me, and I'm sure many others - thank you.

The ability to logon / update ones details would be very nice, though I appreciate the work that must have gone into this already, so anything above what you have done already is a bonus.

I have to say that I have reservations about the idea of a graph containing grid lines for all of the contributors (or rather, those that wish to be included). I fear that this could introduce an element of competition into the equation thus (possibly) detracting from what I suspect was the original idea ie being inspired / motivated by the progress of others, and also reasurred that the set backs that we each suffer are also encountered by our peers.

Just a thought, and I appreciate that inclusion on the group graph would be optional.

Boltneck

Chris_TC

Chris_TC

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have to say that I have reservations about the idea of a graph containing grid lines for all of the contributors (or rather, those that wish to be included). I fear that this could introduce an element of competition into the equation thus (possibly) detracting from what I suspect was the original idea ie being inspired / motivated by the progress of others, and also reasurred that the set backs that we each suffer are also encountered by our peers.
I agree with you, I don't think a group graph should be done.

The thread was never intended to be a competition, it's mainly supposed to motivate all participants and readers.
This is also the reason why downswings need to be included in progress updates so that everyone can see that nobody runs good 24/7.

Chris_TC

Chris_TC

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Progress Update

Day 16: 279% ($5,585)
Day 17: 217% ($4,345)

I'm gonna spare you the details. I've seen a lot, but today has topped it all.
Suffice it to say that I've been playing my A game for practically the entire day which makes the result all the more ridiculous.

Attachments

• ChrisTC_bankroll.jpg
    ChrisTC_bankroll.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 102
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management