Kid Poker Documentary on NETFLIX

T

Two6JJ

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Decent documentary but wondered why Netflix didn't add more poker related content when releasing it. CA netflix only has a Mark Walberg movie and this.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I loved it! To me it had very little to do with poker, and everything to do with the ends that can be achieved when you have a loving and supportive family. How many mothers (from the old country no less) can you imagine would wholeheartedly support their son's life choices to quit high school and pursue his dream of being a professional gambler? Not mine - that's 100% for sure. Five stars!

C

CHILLI2U

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I watched this and I thought it was very insightful, never thought much about his background but must say after watching the movie, was impressed to say the least , he is a great guy. And he also was a very good son, someone to be very proud of.

EsnneyPk

EsnneyPk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have to see this documentary, I admire Daniel ...

gjwalk

gjwalk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It was nice to see a fellow Torontonian become a success. His parents, especially his Mother, were very supportive. His early trips to Vegas weren't very successful, but he persevered and eventually learned to beat the odds. This is why being ambitious is important in becoming a great poker player.

N

Nutcracker69

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I loved it! To me it had very little to do with poker, and everything to do with the ends that can be achieved when you have a loving and supportive family. How many mothers (from the old country no less) can you imagine would wholeheartedly support their son's life choices to quit high school and pursue his dream of being a professional gambler? Not mine - that's 100% for sure. Five stars!

And ESPECIALLY after all those trips to Vegas where he came back broke. The doc makes it seem like this happened maybe 3-4 times but I've heard 10-20 over a few year stretch is closer to the truth.

N

Nutcracker69

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I thought it was awesome and when I still had Netflix I must have watched it at least 10 times.

wc2hell

wc2hell

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They do not add in the catolog of my country (brazil), but i will find in other place, i heard a lot about his documentary.

Mr Alvim

Mr Alvim

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I did not know he had a documentary of Daniel Negreanu . I will try to see