My journey back to square 1

-Phil Ivey27

-Phil Ivey27

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So I want to transfer $40 or $50 over to Stars to play and build on both sites but I just don't have anyone to transfer it with.

A

Aldito

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So I want to transfer $40 or $50 over to Stars to play and build on both sites but I just don't have anyone to transfer it with.

Why on earth would you do that?

Splitting time between 2 sites is ludicrous. It just means you'll have a harder time making iron man on full tilt, and a harder time making supernova(whatever system stars has) on stars. Just stick to 1 site.

-Phil Ivey27

-Phil Ivey27

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why on earth would you do that?

Splitting time between 2 sites is ludicrous. It just means you'll have a harder time making iron man on full tilt, and a harder time making supernova(whatever system stars has) on stars. Just stick to 1 site.

I've been sticking mostly to Full Tilt, but regardless I would hardly call it ludicrous.. I already am iron man at Full tilt and multi-tabling sng's at pokerstars is way nicer so why not split between two sites.

M

mrmood6007

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think we have all been in this spot before. I remember winning a huge tournament and thinking that my bankroll was so large that I could move up to playing higher stakes. The problem with that type of thinking is if you are prepared strategically to move upwards to higher stakes, your bankroll will ultimately suffer. It seems like you have learned your lesson the hard way, but I would just repeat remember this feeling when you are up big and a large winner, because it can always happen again.

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
haven checked in here in some time.

glad to see ur still truckin bro.

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Might should ask a mod to move this toBBBC.

TheKAAHK

TheKAAHK

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Day ends at $60.77 cashed for $15 in the $2 rush tournament with 2.7k entrants and probably done for the night.

Yep that was the one, indulged myself a little :D

Don't do that! lol :D

PI, congrats on your recent success! I just had to quote those posts and tell you not to do that because you stated yourself that doing such things was a major contributing factor to your initial downfall. But of course I don't need to remind you of this.

Keep up the good work man! You're doing great!

-Phil Ivey27

-Phil Ivey27

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks a lot KAAHK!

Liveone1- sorry I haven't been updating this as I didn't think it necessary, but I have no problems giving them!

Update is $271 on PS right now, I moved all of my money over there, along with that a $100 cashout so pretty much up $371 :D

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
u may have to take off the 27 in your name and well just call you phil ivey

L

Liveone1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice run.

Are you planning to slow it down and stick to a certain limit once you reach, say, $500 or even right now?

You can grind 27 person, $5 MT SNGs pretty efficiently. They are cash cows and definitely +EV long term with your skill set. Saying you would be comfortable with 100 buy-ins for that limit would be like saying Kobe Bryant is comfortable on the basketball court.

You wouldn't get bored. $50 for first is a nice boost to the roll and you would feel accomplished, for all the time put in place, after place, after place. Even if you don't come in first.

You'd hit $1,000 in no time. Then you can move up to the $10 27 person MT SNG's with 100 buy ins. Gotta say, you're in a good spot right now. Don't **** it up!

L

Liveone1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol. Where are the daily updates man?!

Good or bad. Doesn't matter. Your progress is intriguing.

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
agreed^^ i check this thread alot. keep your fans updated mayne

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Marginal What's popping man, shit I Need my Fix so up-date plz

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont even think marg has posted ITT....what u talkin bout^^

-Phil Ivey27

-Phil Ivey27

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
update is this- I am broke, once a degenerate gambler always a degenerate gambler. Sorry to have disappointed you everyone, i'm obviously not on my way to being the next Phil Ivey, more like Phil the bum outside of the liquor store.

*$%# poker and it's vicious ways and $#%^ me for being so dumb to do it again. Don't really know where to go from here.. but I will definitely not sleep well tonight.

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not tring to say anything out of the way but a few weeks ago you started a thread about taking shots outside(proper bm).I think this is a end result of that type of thinking.Don't get me wrong bm is by FAR FAR my worst part of poker,but i do not think you'll get over this problem.Because i am the same way an i still have not over come this.Much luck to ya though an keep this one updated unlike the other please.
Your not alone
hate to kick ya when your down, sorry but got to say it.TOLD YA SO.

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know when you lost your roll,but do have any plans on what to do now?It might be to soon now.On a brighter side of things i do belive theres a chance to over come it.I've stuck to brm for a little while now an i didn't think it was ever going to happen.Playing 1000nl an so forth haveing to withdraw for real life needs, then tring to grind back has been my down fall before.Now i'm not looking at the money just in bi's an it's been working so far.Once again sorry for the kick it will get better.

-Phil Ivey27

-Phil Ivey27

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know when you lost your roll,but do have any plans on what to do now?It might be to soon now.On a brighter side of things i do belive theres a chance to over come it.I've stuck to brm for a little while now an i didn't think it was ever going to happen.Playing 1000nl an so forth haveing to withdraw for real life needs, then tring to grind back has been my down fall before.Now i'm not looking at the money just in bi's an it's been working so far.Once again sorry for the kick it will get better.

Yeah I really don't know what my plans are right now. It just sucks so much *$%# going broke, the worst feeling in the world but what can you do. Thanks I hope I can get back on my feet and gl with your BR too

A

Aldito

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
update is this- I am broke, once a degenerate gambler always a degenerate gambler. Sorry to have disappointed you everyone, i'm obviously not on my way to being the next Phil Ivey, more like Phil the bum outside of the liquor store.

*$%# poker and it's vicious ways and $#%^ me for being so dumb to do it again. Don't really know where to go from here.. but I will definitely not sleep well tonight.

Lol, didn't see this coming :rolleyes:

L

Liveone1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Haters gonna hate man. Have to take the good with the bad and keep it moving.

You need to somehow change your perception of poker. When I took a look at look at" Chiren80"'s graph for 2NL it really put things in perspective for me.

He'd play 30k hands a day and would occasionally only be up 6 buy-ins. On poker tracker they logged one of his sessions as a 26k hand session, and he was actually down .4 buy in's at the time (He actually completed a 30k hand session that day as his chart illustrates and never had a losing sessions once he completed the 30k hands. You know how PTR can be). Talk about variance.

He'd stick to his gun's though and in the end he hand plenty of 20,30,40 and even 70 buy-in days. The trick is volume. I finally understand that now. It's how I won when I was winning. Volume also keeps you occupied, so the temptation to stray from your plan is null.

On a side note this is why play money is valuable. You need to practice what you're worst at in the game. For you it's moving up to quickly and BRM. I'm sure your hand selection widened as well. If you end up staying the course to 20 million chips in a timely fashion before you sell them then you will have proven to yourself that you are capable of overcoming this mental block you have. Read that long ass post I first made in this thread. pay attention to the part that addresses you breaking the cycle. That's the only way to make progress or else it's more of the same.

I'm ranting, but don't kick yourself and stay down. Get back on the horse. We all know Ivey himself had to sleep under the boardwalk a few nights before he started winning. He's not a degenerate anymore. Keep trucking.

Last edited:
L

Liveone1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You know what I'm going to motivate you.

I'm at 488k PS play chips right now. I had more, but that's on FullTilt. Every day I will update this thread and won't stop until I hit 20 million. It will be done very quickly I can assure you. I'll post the good days and the bad. Come along for the ride.