My journey back to square 1

F

FITEMAN

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great thread. Jjbish is awesome....cool move dude. i just came back off a bad run and got a lot of support from the community here. I withdrew 90% of my BR for the holidays, leaving me about $50. As i usually play $10 or less MTTs, it was a vary bad BRM move. Needless to say, my BR went to zero quickly and I had no $$$ to re-up after the holidays.
Then I came in 4th in a bodog 30FPP freeroll and won like $18. Then I got an email from Bodog telling me that I won a Lucky Draw seat. A freeroll for a seat into their Sunday $100K tourney, where 1 in 5 win a seat. 270 players....54 seats and 1 is mine.
In the $100K, I placed 43rd out of 573 and netted $400. BR up to $540 in less than a month.
I don't know where you play but Bodog offers some great opportunities with weak fields. If you dont play there, you should give it a try.
I hope you do at least as well as I did.

-Phil Ivey27

-Phil Ivey27

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, had a terrible day yesterday and got down to $40, probably one of my unluckiest days in poker so i'll take a $20 loss in that case.

Decided to move all of my funds over to pokerstars because quite frankly i'm getting sick of full tilt. I will never be one to chase away the fish and there are plenty on FT, but it's a just ton of over aggressive American players even at the micros. PokerStars seems like it might be a little bit of easier games over there. (due to some cautious European play)

Not trying to generalize here on American play and European play because that's not really the case, but regardless trying my luck/skill out on PokerStars!

jjbish

jjbish

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For sure a ton more stations on stars, imo (vbet vbet vbet!). And stellar rewards add up nicely as you go too.

glgl.

nitulbhatia

nitulbhatia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sorry to read about your loss, freerolling is very hard but best of luck with it.

-Phil Ivey27

-Phil Ivey27

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is the update! Moved it right back to tilt cuz I just missed the graphics oh so much lol. Up to $62.44 and gonna get back on my grind shortly!

N

nightmoves44

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
online poker sure is a trip,aint it!One thing Ive learned,whenever you cashout,be on guard,cause most of the time the cashout-curse will zap you.It looks like that is what happened here.Some dont believe in the cashout curse,but I sure believe it.It dont always happen,but most of the time it does for me.
Sometimes you wanna play poker so bad you can taste it,but the best thing might be is to just not play.Its better to not play,than to lose your roll.
If I get a losing streak,I will shut it down,instead of trying to win it back.Theres always another place another time.Ive never lost my complete bankroll by doing this.Its easy for me to close it down now,it gets easier with practice.

-Phil Ivey27

-Phil Ivey27

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Online poker sure is a trip,aint it!One thing Ive learned,whenever you cashout,be on guard,cause most of the time the cashout-curse will zap you.It looks like that is what happened here.Some dont believe in the cashout curse,but I sure believe it.It dont always happen,but most of the time it does for me.
Sometimes you wanna play poker so bad you can taste it,but the best thing might be is to just not play.Its better to not play,than to lose your roll.
If I get a losing streak,I will shut it down,instead of trying to win it back.Theres always another place another time.Ive never lost my complete bankroll by doing this.Its easy for me to close it down now,it gets easier with practice.

Nice dude, thanks i'll listen to this.

belerophon

belerophon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OP - (sry I just can't call you Ivey, lol)
Some random bits and pieces of advice.

Don't forget to play in the cardschat freerolls. There's one every Tues on FT. I finished third for 21 dollars last night and if I can cash in it anyone can.
Plus it's great convo and play on the whole and far better roi for your time than regular FR's.

I've got a number of micro br's I'm slowly building from scratch myself so it can be done.

Be very very cautious with a small BR. (managing it I mean, don't play scared at the tables) Look at Ferguson's challenge... it took him seemingly forever to develop a solid BR.

Take time to review your hands, post em in the hand analysis section here. (I read them and I'd say they are a major contributor to improving my play.)

Good luck in your comeback.

alaskabill

alaskabill

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Online poker sure is a trip,aint it!One thing Ive learned,whenever you cashout,be on guard,cause most of the time the cashout-curse will zap you.It looks like that is what happened here.Some dont believe in the cashout curse,but I sure believe it.It dont always happen,but most of the time it does for me.

Its not a "cashout curse" its he withdrew over half of his bankroll and then failed to practice good bankroll management. I congratulate OP on his comeback but there is no such thing as a cashout curse. :rolleyes:

-Phil Ivey27

-Phil Ivey27

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well guys what a journey it has been! My bankroll is now at.. drumroll please..

$153.01 :D

F

F_Jean

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I read this thread everyday and all I can say is from a $10 stake to 150 congratulations I look forward to watching you play the nosebleeds ;)

Salty Mouse

Salty Mouse

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have you given your benefactor $20 or so yet?

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
how the hell did you double your BR dude?

-Phil Ivey27

-Phil Ivey27

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
how the hell did you double your BR dude?

A lot of poker! When I hit $100 it was easier to get up there because I was multi-tabling 5NL, getting to $100 was the hard part of it.

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If there was only a way to morph phil an fx we would have something special.

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:icon_king You know FX right?I just think it would be a super hybrid bad ass BRM poker player.

-Phil Ivey27

-Phil Ivey27

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
jjbish

jjbish

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PI27 has returned the money I leny him plus a lil extra (ty).

I want you to think about how you are playing now, and what has lead to restoring your BR. Those are some keys to staying solvent.

As for BR nit; I typically have at least 100bi's (except when whole roll is cashed out :(). But I usaully have to cashout some at least every month when I can.

It also allows me the freedom to play "my" style at all times. And variance is my b***h, instead iof the otherway around.

There are a lot of lessons in this thread for people.

GLGLGL