Jeff Gross (Poker Pro) - Ask Me Anything!

B

boxxerr

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Jeff!
What is your biggest win so far in a tournament up to date?

Regards

H

Hoky

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
How do you deal with the crazy aggressive player?

BilNicholson

BilNicholson

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you plan to stream more in the future? Not only big series like Wcoop & Scoop

OneSleepyHippo

OneSleepyHippo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Downtime from Poker

Hi Jeff, love the stream and the fact you are so passionate about poker.
Poker can often be very intense and emotional at times, was wondering about what you like to do to decompress outside of the game. Do you meditate, practice yoga, go on retreats, hike or do something else to help you revitalize yourself?
Thanks,
Hippo

Helloween

Helloween

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi Jeff! I'm happy that you became a member of our community! By the way, I'm now watching your game on Twitch and I want to wish you good luck!
The question is: did you start playing at the micro-limits or did you start playing immediately at the higher limits? What tournaments will you recommend playing at low limits? And how do you feel about playing cash games?

joe mckenzie

joe mckenzie

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello Jeff

Hello Jeff, love your videos and the way you play the game. I was wondering if you had info on how to manage my chip stack when I get a huge stack, usually I get too aggressive and lose all my chips trying to knock people out and I end up losing it all because of it

Terrell423

Terrell423

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When did you realise that you can play on a professional level? And what steps/ games did you play that transition you from a amature to a professional

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Hello Jeff!

Who is the best poker player, you have played against?

Success in what you do!

Georgi.

:)

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

CardsChat Pro/Twitch Partnered Streamer
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Congrats on your big scores what are the biggest downswings or losses suffered in a day?

Thank you. I have played $100,000 Mtt buy ins and not cashed (have Action sold and swaps) but for Mtt this would have been. I play 200/400 NLH game and have had some sizable losses. I had a 10 month period before when was net down in 2013 before taking 2nd place in the $125,000 premier league VII at the PlayGround poker club in Montreal.

D

DAYJAHVUE2

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
new on card chat

my first post, enjoying watching all the streamers on twitch, mostly jeff gross. Love the Bahamas

K

kgilbz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you still play on ACR ever? Curious what your opinion on their RNG is.

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
And also how much do you sleep per day? Specially during a big series like wcoop

I aim for 8 hours but it really depends; sometimes I am too excited & I am a night owl so often get to sleep pretty late. I would say 6-7 mostly

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I watched you on twich when you lost with flush, other had fullhouse.When i see 2 pairs i thinked on fullhose.
You bet on river, almost allin. Do you act always that, because you play before him or you sometimes fold if you think that he had fullhose?

Yes this can be player dependent or also w/ PT4 stats or what the stack to pot ratio it really just depends on so many factors! I am not sure which pot you are referencing in particular but sometimes coolers happen as well and it is just part of the game!

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How do you sustain a chip lead on a large tournament ?
what's your trick to reach the final table ??
Thanks

It really is about what the table is giving you. If they are letting you open wide w/ no contention then you have the green light to run over; also important to realize that when they play back it’s okay o fold then once in while and win the other uncontested pots. Similar to if you have a big stack at a Final Table, if someone plays back at you they just have it so its okay to raise fold and preserve this big lead! Don’t let ego come into play

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good day! Poker is not standing still and is constantly evolving, I have a question. How much time do you spend the improvement of the game and how you do it (book, video or something else) ???
Thanks for the response and successful WSOOP

ps: sorry for my english

Hey! Great question. I spend a lot of time evaluating my game. After a big series such as WCOOP I actually look fwd to unwind/study time a ton. I use: RYE - http://bit.ly/raiseyouredge & I do have discount codes available which you can see on my website: JeffGrossPoker.com/affiliation

Hope this helps!

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So I have a bunch of questions for you:

Does Michael Phelps have fins? But seriously do you have any fun Michael Phelps story you can share with us.

I am a big Jueve fan, who do you like to win Champions League this year?

Once wcoop is over do you plan playing any games with CC community?

How you started off playing Poker or what drew you to becoming a Poker Pro?

What are your opinions (if any) on online poker being rigged?

Finally and most importantly do you like pineapple on pizza?

Yes he does have fins I am convinced! Many MP stories but I can just tell you that he really does love poker and is a student of the game. He has a big heart & always looking out for others & takes time to sign autographs for fans when the camera’s arent’ on!

I think w/ Cristiano and being so close recently they have enough to get it done this year! Glgl

Could be fun to get some games w/ CardsChat community! I want to get some streams in from the USA this sounds fun!

Started playing poker w/ friends at soccer camp! I loved video games, board games and when found out could make money from playing a game this was a natural fit.

I don’t believe online is rigged at all, you just see so many more hands. The operators make money regardless, they are incentivized to have high integrity games not vice versa.

Yes of course Pineapple w/ Pizza!

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi Master. I make open raise 3xbb from late position. The big blind player is doing min-re-raise. What does this re-raise mean most often?

It means he is inexperienced.. This sizing is not ideal no matter what his hand. Generally you want to raise 3.5 - 4X out of position is optimal strategy. I would say this means they are likely a fun player.

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey Jeff have you ever gone bust and lost your bankroll? How would you approach building it back up, or what mentality would you have to rebuild your bravado for poker?

I have not fortunately but I always took a very slow steady approach and was risk adverse. To build it back up I would acquire the appropriate stake/deal & make sure I did not have excess pressure and was able to be under optimal conditions.

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
may i ask whats the best range of $ to have for a micro-low stake tourney bankroll?

This is a tough question to answer w/ out much more info. I would have 100 buy ins for sure though or have some staking/support!

R

recoveryagent

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is it wise to change methods of play during a game or is it better to stay on program?
How many times do you find yourself doing this?

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi Jeff.. Have you ever done a bankroll challenge to see how you would do handling building up from micro-stakes? and what is the best way you can suggest to do so if did or were going to?

Thanx for your time!

Hey there! I have not & at this stage I don’t think would fancy trying it but I was always very risk adverse and in a way was always on one big bankroll challenge! I think low stakes cash games would be the best way. MTT has so much variance so this would be a very tough way to try it!

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi Jeff. Somewhere I've been reading that you're playing soccer. Are you playing than professional or amateur? What is harder ,playing soccer or poker ? Are you a fan of a some club from Europe?

Hey! Yes I played soccer/futbol from 4 years old - College soccer at the University of South Carolina. I love it & believe there are many comparisons to soccer & poker that helped me in both. I think poker is more mentally taxing. There is a fun clip of Neymar Jr. & I juggling at the wsop together on my YouTube channel and Twitch intro video before each stream! I will always be a big futbol fan but poker has my main focus in terms of passion!

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello Jeff,
Thanks for being with us on CardsChat.

In terms of managing win/loss swings, how often do you see them?
Does it change your approach?
Do you have a strict bankroll management principle? Like, do you limit buy-in's as a percentage of your bankroll?

Hey it’s great to be there thank you! I try to keep it down the center of the fairway! I don’t get to high or low on swings but I keep close eye on how i am doing. But for bigger buy in mtt or cash game I will sell action accordingly and of course if on a heater I will go for it a bit more!

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi Jeff... good luck in the game all the time..)))
the question: what words of spells do you say during the game, what would you be given the right map..?)))
or you just believe in luck?...))))
:party:

Thank you! I consider myself a very positive person & try to focus on what I can control. I do believe in energy & you get what you attract!