Is it worth playing poker?

A

adakhi

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just for fun. Otherwise you will have to study alot!

xastaria

xastaria

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree completely with Pokervike.......you are a philosopher:congrats:

arielakarel

arielakarel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play for fun, the rest will follow

kasper447

kasper447

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need to spend a lot of effort and a lot of nerve to even reach what .. you need every day to sit at the computer for 7-10 hours .... necessaryизучать,анализировать,разбирать,играть,читать,смотреть,применять...
the result will naturally be - just have a lot of work,, very much ..

N

nygmen2007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I t depends on what you want out of it.. I enjoy the thirll of gambling and enjoy the friends I have met through CC and poker in general... I have had bad days and I have had good days...As long as you have friends, life, and a good attitude.. it is worth playing.. It keeps you sharper because it is a mental drain... Just enjoy the ride, but if you can not afford it then don't!!!

S

sharon mckee

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you've got the time to play the big tourneys and have the money to spend then yes it could benefit but if you dont then no.

skull89

skull89

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, but you have to be patient, dedicated and have commitment.

C

chitownduck

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It is worth it if you study the game and keep getting better.

maniaka68

maniaka68

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes its worth,and fun and its the best card game :)

pigpen02

pigpen02

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Several posters have mentioned comparing poker to golf. In both many people play just for the fun of the game. A few study and practice the game enough to be called a pro and make some money. A very very few make it to national recognition and make a lot of money.

Nathan Williams

Nathan Williams

Poker Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you have a passion for the game then it is always going to be worth playing for you because it is something that you will simply enjoy. This is why even losing players continue to play for years and years. If you are able to turn a profit in the game then this is of course even better.

T

techsavant777

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on what you mean by worth it. Worth it entertainment-wise. I say yes. Worth it money-wise, depends on if you are a winning player. And I do have to say, to play winning poker, it's not as fun as playing "gambling" poker where you just throw it all in on whatever trash comes to you. Sucking out and cracking rockets with a 72o is a great feeling. I just did it yesterday. haha

arizoney

arizoney

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker's worth it oh hll yea it is. Its everything its claimed to be and more. Lmao yup a whole bunch more always interesting to say the least. gl gl

Mason Pye

Mason Pye

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Only yourself and yourself alone can answer that question. People have different reasons for playing poker. Some play for the money, some play for the competition, some play for the social aspect and some play for a mixture of all three. However, in order for poker to be 'worth it', you've got to have a positive mental attitude. You've got to be passionate, you've got to be dedicated and most of all, you've got to enjoy playing. Hope this helps.

J

jakies123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think off course worth for fun ,money,hobby etc...

E

eudaimonia

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Every person had at some point a tough day......but generally speaking....is it worth playing poker?

Poker is a game. It's just a game. Repeat that to yourself over and over again. It doesn't mean anything. Some days you are the windshield, other days you're the bug. That applies to poker and life in general. If you enjoy poker, keep it up. If you don't, quit. It is that simple.

bossbran

bossbran

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends to the player.. if its only for hobby or for business..

For me yes,even if i always lose because.. i still learned with my mistakes..

Spiral46and2

Spiral46and2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've found a treasure filled with sick pleasure...

S

sunshine0410

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing poker helps me to leave a hard day behind me. For me it's fun, distraction and profit.

robertocoelho

robertocoelho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
worth as entertainment and if you spend time and money and study may have financial return the last I'm still waiting.

D

DawnNuts

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just think if you love the game then play it if you don't then don't play hahaha but seriously if your not there financially play small games for fun. if
you don't have fun playing then what is the point.

rickypr18

rickypr18

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Been playing for about 9 or 8 years now. Still don't know.