veltins

veltins

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
JP
Chips
if you Play for fun then it s worth it .. if not then not worth it . cos you gonna waste countless hours for nothing. better getting a Job which pays much better than trying to bink a mtt

PapaC

PapaC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I been playing poker for 13 years, and I've never hit it big. But I really don't care. It's not a job for me. I just try to have fun. But I'm really just learning the game, and as I learn I put those thing into my game, and I'm much better player than I was. So maybe one day I can put more time into it. I think that is the reason I don't win a lot. I just don't put in the time. Don't think I could anyway, because I get tired early. But for my answer. Yes it is worth it.

C

capara20

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for me - it is worth playing only if u are good at it, yes it can be fun but also can take a lot of your time .

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Every person had at some point a tough day......but generally speaking....is it worth playing poker?

yes, specially if you want to win some money and you enjoy playing poker just for fun, otherwise you shouldnt be playing because i dont think its worth it spending so much time in something you dont enjoy doing it.

PokerGrinder

PokerGrinder

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you know how to play, there is some profit to be made.

Jd0ubl3M

Jd0ubl3M

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
For me its worth playing. I have been playing for almost 10 years and made profit money from online and live that has gotten me stuff than I wouldn't have if I wasn't able to play poker. I remember I got to pay off my truck years back when I cashed out for the first time.

PapaC

PapaC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it has to do more with thought than anything else. Do you believe you are a winner or not. That's the first step.

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Worth it? Yes. Frustrating sometimes, definitely worth it.

P

pokervike

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Originally Posted by Lostmyhouse
All those crybabies. Tired of those kinds of threads.

No its not worth it if you start a thread like this. You are clearly not dedicated
Agree with this guy :)

I completely disagree with you both.

'Poker, has different goals for different people. I think one of the largest values that us grinders forget to remember is the equity of friendships in the game. That reason alone is reason enough for it's own worth. Monetary value is a different set of goals to achieve from a player. It doesn't have to be everybody's. The thing I think is worth remembering is that poker is always here. You don't have to force any commitments or lose out on something else. When your ready, come back. It's happy to give you a chair.

Enjoy your life, with or without poker, the fact of the matter is.... Poker is nothing if not for the people in it.

Last edited:
Z

zarko

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Clearly worth! but when luck is on my side

pahan434

pahan434

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is necessary to play poker as a pleasure:)

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you need to ask yourself that question. Put the game in perspective for what you are looking to get out of it. Are you looking for entertainment and enjoy yourself at the table, then yes it is. Do you leave the table depressed you missed the money every time?, then no, its not. Are you planning on this being your next get rich quick opportunity? Then no, it won't be. Do you enjoy the strategy of the game and exploring ways to tweak your game, the discipline to work at it and focus on eliminating leaks and the self awareness to find them? Then yes it will be. If you are asking this question though I recommend staying away from the game a while and see if you really have the desire to play.

M

Mheat2013

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its worth it if u are looking for a hobby. I think poker is a lot like golf mentally,one minute u love it and the next u can hate it

I

insidious96

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Worth to play poker if it makes you happier and win money also.

M

ManuJoshi

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
whoever created this probably lost a lot and is now rethinking lol

WeenieSVK

WeenieSVK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:) Depends on what do you expect from it, what do you want to accomplish, how much time are you willing to spend on poker (not just playing but also studying strategies, opponents, your plays, your possible leaks etc...).

S

sagivifergan

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I suggest starting with a small bankroll so you could control ur betting abits. try 20$ on pokerstars you will also get another 20$ for free and some tickets , give it a try:)

koreano

koreano

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have two options.

1) Take the poker for fun and entertainment, so you can play looser and with no major concerns.

2) Think of poker as a profession and make it their livelihood. In order to choose this topic, need a lot of study, theory, technique, reading and game improvement, and understand and put into practice some concepts of poker.

But I believe that poker is always worth, whether for fun or as profession.

BiliousBetil

BiliousBetil

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its worth it if u are looking for a hobby. I think poker is a lot like golf mentally,one minute u love it and the next u can hate it

The late golf instructor Jim Flick said something about golf that equally applies to poker:

"Golf is 90 percent mental, and the other 10 percent is mental too." ;)

Cheers!

VinnyStrat

VinnyStrat

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Every person had at some point a tough day......but generally speaking....is it worth playing poker?

Your question is missing the value. Is it worth "What" to play poker.

Is it worth the time, the money. Apparently for millions of people it is.

Lostmyhouse

Lostmyhouse

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The late golf instructor Jim Flick said something about golf that equally applies to poker:

"Golf is 90 percent mental, and the other 10 percent is mental too." ;)

Cheers!

Daniel Negreanu said something about golf and poker, think he said that the mental aspect is same and that he had learnt much from golf when he played poker or if it was the other way around.

I have a other take on this threadmaker, you can actually play poker just for fun, there is actually nothing wrong with that. lol
There is not even anything wrong with playing it for money and still losing. If you enjoy it in any form.

F

Frankie40

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love to play and think it is worth it every day that I have the chance to play. I play live more than online and have done fairly well, but win or lose, i find it to be a great way to pass time. I tend to be a bit ADD so having so much going on at a table is really good for me.

Havik

Havik

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is it fun? There is your answer