Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
What are some of your guys best tips to a new poker player just starting out and what would you tell them to make them profitable ?
My best tip for you would be, take the 30-day Cardschat course.

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Mostly getting the cards (you could classify that as luck). If you play badly you cannot win however.

Blumoon888

Blumoon888

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
What are some of your guys best tips to a new poker player just starting out and what would you tell them to make them profitable ?
Just start with free rolls or small stakes. You can start with play money on some sites, like GG. I wouldn't recommend GG though. Too many Chinese, Russian or Ukrainians going all in with nothing. Just play for fun, not to make wads. Best of luck
Regards Chris

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is skill, I would say 80% is studying and studying. And also watch videos of the professionals and then play many hours of poker and write down the mistakes you make at the tables.

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
If you play tight, then formula such: "20% luck and 80% skill on long distance".
And if you play loose, then you can win only with big luck, ... but on not very long distance )))

scobido

scobido

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that you have to study at the beginning of the initiation in poker to have some gains, of course that along the way you have to have luck and last but not least inspiration I think is the biggest key to online poker.

Artbart805

Artbart805

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
really.... just luck, you are dealt two cards at random, same as your opponents,

your opponents are placed at random

you cant control , you can really only guess.

its all circumstances beyond your control

skill games,,,,,,,chess, golf, ... where your actions are yours and yours alone

PsychoVas

PsychoVas

What The Duck???
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Learn! Study, study, study and then study some more.
The only way to be profitable in poker is knowledge and experience, Start with the CC's 30 day poker course and move on.
Luck is important and more impressive, because it is evident in small samples, whereas skill has to be proved through thousands of tries.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Study more, play more. But luck is never too much.

B

bababooey

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Life is a gamble and some of us get lucky and others not so much.

Poker is the same, some people have more skill than others but usually because they put the effort in to learn and get better.

I still know people who want to see every flop as they believe they don't know what they have until they see more cards.

TulasMoreno

TulasMoreno

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
80% skill and 20% luck, thats why theres poker players with lots of winings

V

valanddon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
If you can win with the worst hand, that is skill.

emgesi

emgesi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Many play without skills.You have to have both to be a top player 🙂🙂🙂

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
100% skill and when you have a little luck you need skill to make it as profitable as possible.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
There is always an element of luck involved, otherwise bad players would never win, With 52 cards in a deck that are shuffled and cut after every hand there is no way you can memorize the deck and what cards are going to hit the table, so yes there is Luck involved.
Good players however Know when to hold them, etc, etc, etc, You all know the song.
This is why with some hands you have to raise pre-flop to get rid of the Lucky guys that play a 7/2 off suit and spike Trips or Quads after flopping the nuts. It cuts down the Lucky events from happening to some players, Be honest are you going to call a 2X raise pre-flop with Garbage just to see if you hit a bit of Luck? I certainly wouldn't, Yes I have won some hands with absolute Rubbish in my hole cards, but only because I was on the BB and no-one Raised to make me fold that Rubbish, then they come out betting after the flop trying to get me to fold when I know I am unbeatable at that point.
Patience and Skill will win more often overall, and those two things make a good player Profitable!

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I recomand to be very pacience and dont over play your hands ...good luck :)

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It’s difficult to win without luck, watch the streams of professionals and you can put together the picture that poker is not only a game of skill but also luck

GarotoMaroto

GarotoMaroto

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
skill,knowledge,the luck will be there too but with luck and no skill you dont win anything,but with a lot of skill,when bad luck gets tired you win make a big hit (LOL conspiracy theory)
go for the gold
study the game
God bless