Is it harder to play: morning, afternoon, evening or night?

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i think there are strong players no matter what time you play, for me its more about free time, so i play in the mornings when i have more free time.

nelomec

nelomec

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Tell me, in your experience, at what time of day is it hardest to play online poker?
I wonder what time strong players usually play in order to understand for myself what time is best to play?
for me its in the morning, it´s harder to play this time.

Falai_san

Falai_san

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Everyone has a suitable time to play.
For me, I like to play in the evening.

olejean

olejean

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It is harder to play effectively over a long period of time without rest.

R.Holynskyi

R.Holynskyi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I get up pretty late, and I go to bed pretty late, and I play poker mostly in the evenings and at night. Also, my favorite tournaments usually start in the afternoon, so there is simply no need to play in the morning.

Carstten

Carstten

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
PE
Chips
For me, the best moment to play poker, it's after 2 hours had wake up, in the morning, my brain is much concentrate and in focus. To play tired and boredom, is the worst you can do.

Chrees Guys. ;)

W

Wega85

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
for me it night since there is less interruption

Fofa

Fofa

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think afternoon is the hardest... people who really play poker have time to play this time :p

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are two separate considerations here:

1) When are you ready to perform your best
2) When are the games softest

For me 1) clearly takes precedence over 2). Its all well and good, that others play poorly, but if you also play poorly yourself, because its late at night, and maybe you are drunk, then you are probably still going to lose and also not enjoy it as much. Especially if you play MTTs and run deeper in one of them, than you perhaps counted on. So for me the best time to play is usually in the morning after a good nights sleep. But if its a working day I might also play in the evening. But never games that last more than say 3 hours.

DiazPoker3101

DiazPoker3101

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I think it's better to play late at night because that's when you come across more random players, and you can extract a lot of value from that.

Academico

Academico

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
The difficulty of playing poker at different times of the day can vary depending on various factors, and each player's personal experience also plays a role. There is no one-size-fits-all answer, as preferences and performance can differ between individuals. However, here are some general considerations:

Morning: Some people find that they are more alert and fresh in the morning, which could improve their ability to make informed decisions. However, others may need time to fully wake up and feel at their best.
Afternoon: This can be an in-between time in terms of energy and concentration. It can be a good option for those who are not extreme early risers but still want to take advantage of the brightest part of the day.
At night: Some players prefer nighttime because they feel more relaxed and can enjoy the game without distractions. Additionally, for those with day jobs, the evening may be the only time available to play.
Early morning: Early morning can be a quiet time, but fatigue could negatively affect performance. Lack of activity and natural light could also influence alertness.
The key is knowing your own circadian rhythm and personal preferences. Experiment and see when you feel most alert, focused and in tune with the game. Also, keep in mind that the quality of online competition can vary throughout the day, as different players around the world are online at different times.

Veralt

Veralt

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
In my case, it depends exclusively on the time I wake up. Generally, after getting up, I have no trouble concentrating, and I can deal much more easily with frustration. When it gets late and I've already been doing a lot of things, I feel tired, and it's challenging for me to concentrate and maintain the right mindset, especially when faced with bad beats.
That's why, generally, I prefer to play in the morning or early afternoon and I tend to avoid playing at night.

testing826

testing826

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i play mostly in mornings in mini tornys i do evening not as much,too many pros night time

M

MF.Brn

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't think there's a lot of position on global platforms, so if it's daytime here on the other side of the world it's night, but personally I like to play more at night.

ronaldof2

ronaldof2

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The night is more difficult, sleep is too difficult to consent

ztibor72

ztibor72

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I usually feel comfortable at the tables from early afternoon to midnight.
Of course, I had quite a few tournaments, even live ones, that were 10-12 hours long, sometimes I can tolerate them, but I don't like them that much.
So my answer to the question is that I suffer the most when I play poker at night and in the morning.

shanest

shanest

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
Agree with others. Most difficult time to play is when tired and that's often when I play my worst

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me, the best time to play poker is always the one I have available, be it morning, afternoon or night. As long as I don't have to split my time with other activities while playing poker, the best time for me is whatever is left as free time.

Blurt Reynolds

Blurt Reynolds

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tell me, in your experience, at what time of day is it hardest to play online poker?
I wonder what time strong players usually play in order to understand for myself what time is best to play?
I find mornings and off peak are the most hardcore opponents

888NOX888

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Probably in poker, you can sit at the same table with a strong player at any time of the day, they play all the time, in most cases this is their job. But there are especially many of them in the evening.

istbno

istbno

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The difficulty of playing poker can vary significantly depending on the time of day, largely influenced by factors such as player fatigue, the type of opponents active at that time, and personal circadian rhythms. Morning games often see a mix of players. Some might be ending a long session from the night before, potentially making them less focused and easier to play against. However, morning players who are fresh and alert could have a strategic edge. Afternoon sessions might attract casual players, particularly on weekends, which could lower the game's overall competitiveness. This might be an easier time for skilled players to make profits. Evenings are prime time for poker, especially online. You’ll find a surge in player traffic as people log on after work. This can increase competition but also presents opportunities against less experienced players unwinding after a day's work. Late-night games often feature a range of serious, sometimes professional players, alongside those who might be playing recreationally and perhaps not at their cognitive best. The mix can create a challenging environment as fatigue sets in, making it harder for all players to maintain peak performance. Overall, the "best" time depends on individual preferences and adaptability. Players should consider when they are most alert and able to focus, as well as the type of opposition they prefer to face

mr.fers_one

mr.fers_one

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
as for me, it's harder to win in the evening and at night. it is best played before lunch))

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It seems to me that the time of day is not as important as your personal mood. If you are in a good mood, your chances of a good game increase significantly. I mainly play poker in the evenings and at night, the morning is not my time, I am mostly in a bad mood in the morning.

lilypond

lilypond

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
I found the best time to play is in the evenings European or US time, as you find quite a few drunk players or other players who are playing for fun.

I found daytime European time one of the worst times to play, as there seemed to be a lot of grinders and pro players.