Insults at the Table!!

A

anderson697

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have also called with those letters, and I have won in a similar way to what you tell, I do not really care what the users write, I do not care, the important thing was that you won and what way :D

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes I will turn the chat off on pokerstars but when you do I wish you didn't see the *** for ongoing comments, I would rather not see anything if I choose to block a player.

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was running back to the table from the kitchen with a cup of tea and hit the call button instead of fold, in a huge preflop 3bet late in SundayStorm tournament at PS,
Player in MP raised, the other player before me re-raised, and I smashed that call button by accident and made a 20K chips call with 8-3os..

Let's have a look.

I Had 83os on the small blind.
It was 2 hours in the tournament, 70-100K stacks, 10K was starting stack.
Flop comes

I check. player in MP goes all-in, player at BU insta call, I was impressed with the action, spent time "thinking till the last second of timer" and also called.

QQ vs AA vs 83(Quads)

The chat exploded after that hand... both of the players had observers, one ws from brasil and I think whole willage invested into his ticket and observed his game, the life and soccer world cup has stopped that day to watch that players game in SundayStorm, cause chat exploded with like 50-100 messages, cursing me.

You know what I felt?

I was laughing like some demon for 30minutes, shared a screenshot of that game with my friends and we've been laughing for a month about that hand.

Well about that N word... idk where are you from, but in different places of the world this word has a different meaning. For example in Russia they use approximate but little different word for the people with African roots and thos who most likely have relatives in country Nigeria, but they don't put a evil sense into this word, it's the same word as French person, Latin or British, just to say exactly who they mean, I believe that in USA they use a different word now, Afro-american, but i often hear that N word at some stand-up comedy shows and this word is often used only by comedians with black skin. People in US should stop taking it as a bad word and with time it will become a normal word like in other countries. You know several centuries ago people have killed each other for words like "fool" but nova days it's not even considered as a bad word.

I think that we, the people, we live in our reality tunnels and all of these tunnels are different. One sees the light at the end of the tunnel, other sees no light at the end of the tunnel, 3rd one shines and lightens the tunnel. It doesn't matter what happened, what really matters is how you're accepting it. If everything is great because you're great, then things are just fine, but if you feel that something is wrong with you, then you might take words of some idiet as an explanation to your problem. Don't do that, all humans have different opinions, and Internet allows them to say what they want staying safe behind their keyboard, you must know that you're shining nomatter what other people say or think! ANd online poker is a place where most of the people simply buy higher serotonin level increasement, most of them simply can't control emotions than need an exit. Once they will explict their emotion they most often feel guilty for that... So the best hing to do is to either turn off the chat or to not pay attention to the drama, cause you're the boss of your life, nomatter who they are and what they say.

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
@Finaltable1

How come you let your clock run down to the last second thinking if you had quads on the flop and were the last person to act when you had the nuts?

I can understand if you still had players to act as you are still wanting them to act but not if you are the last to act.

Some on the forum have said you should do whatever to put your opponents on edge so if someone is moaning about about the time you are taking to keep taking more time. However slow rolling is generally considered bad form. You have called by accident, flopped a monster, got your opponents beat so why not just flip your cards instead of the slow roll? This most likely provoked the situation.

Yanko57

Yanko57

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm a little bit of an a... at the table, but I rarely start the fight. You have to understand that every penny won online is a profit and I wouldn't do live what I do online.

So, if I notice player A is on tilt, I throw him some tomatoes on 888 and say nh to player B (especially a donk who took a big pot) to make player A tilt even more.

When I suffer a bad beat, I say things as if I was on tilt hoping to catch good cards soon and make more profits.

odranorkan

odranorkan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The guys who scold players do not know how to play poker (except if the guy is Phil Hellmuth), and are far from successful in the game. Just ignore them.

sidenotch

sidenotch

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
bummer

Curious to know the what insults come your way whilst play.

Playing a full table a couple weeks ago I made a 72os call. Everyone called and the player on the Button raised. No one folds. Flop comes 7-7-Q. All hell breaks loose. Not feeling so wonderful about my hand anymore. And then the turn produces an A. At this point I am blaming myself for calling in the first place. River spits out 7. " Yeah baby who is the man?" ( even tho I am a woman).Celebration that lasted 2 secs was followed by guilt. AA and QQ got smoked. Took a sip of my merlot and got ready .

- I Hope you die B***H
- Donk
- Fish
- Cancer is too good for you.
- The N word ( My avatar is of a beautiful buxom black woman) - Not the first time I've seen the N used.

Immediately all feeling of guilt was erased . Think I threw some kisses to them and left the table.Guilt returned later that evening, I said nothing when they used that word. Would it have mattered if I said something? Probably not. But you know what? Next time I will!

Share your story-
I am sorry that people said those things to you...you certainly don't deserve to hear that stuff in a silly online poker tourney...gheez! I do have to say that I get a bit upset when certain scenarios happen, but my outbursts are usually directed at the "site"...certainly not a person who is just playing cards. I hope people read your story and spread the word about insulting folks because of the way these programs are set up. Perhaps others and even myself can learn a lesson of the hurt it causes after reading the way people spoke to you. Good luck at the tables....and cancer isn't GOOD for anyone!

monstr999999

monstr999999

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Curious to know the what insults come your way whilst play.

Playing a full table a couple weeks ago I made a 72os call. Everyone called and the player on the Button raised. No one folds. Flop comes 7-7-Q. All hell breaks loose. Not feeling so wonderful about my hand anymore. And then the turn produces an A. At this point I am blaming myself for calling in the first place. River spits out 7. " Yeah baby who is the man?" ( even tho I am a woman).Celebration that lasted 2 secs was followed by guilt. AA and QQ got smoked. Took a sip of my merlot and got ready .

- I Hope you die B***H
- Donk
- Fish
- Cancer is too good for you.
- The N word ( My avatar is of a beautiful buxom black woman) - Not the first time I've seen the N used.

Share your story-

I do not read chat... rarely very...
I don't care what they write...
my range of hands... i decide how to play and when...
good luck in the game)))
:icon_comp:icon_comp:icon_comp:icon_comp:icon_comp

S

Souza322

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Those insults are from bad players, what you can do is take screenshot and report them, hoping that support does something about it. Something similar happened to me, I reported to a player but I really don't know what happened.

By the way, good call and good hand.

steve22055

steve22055

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've seen this kind of talk a lot in chat. Most of it is is trash talk and I ignore it for the most part. On occasion, I will respond to the person trying to get under their skin even more to put them on tilt and take their chips. I never get ignorant with foul language or racial slurs which irritates them even more. When it gets really nasty, take a screen shot of chat and report it to the poker support folks and/or the forum if applicable. Most forums won't tolerate it when it crosses the line and I say good riddance to them.There will always be trash talk between players so get used to it or turn off your chat. Enjoy the game and taking their chips to the final table!

ledsmith

ledsmith

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Oh, it is better not to read the chat.) And especially, you should not write something back. This can cause emotions, and emotions will interfere with the game.

G

goOgaaA9

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Emotions

Bad emotions while playing poker and nervious gaming is the badest thing...

Anton Fedorov

Anton Fedorov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
keep calm and just play poker))).

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When me write bad words I try to put not to pay attention.

NBDG8477

NBDG8477

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just gotta have thick skin and let it go don't fall into the trap of even responding because lets be honest these people who do this usually are mad because of a loss and are playing bad don't let the b.s talk distract you from the greatness you can achieve while they piss and moan and call you names youll be winning money good luck at the tables pal .

C

corieaddison

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah name calling is not acceptable at the table. Some trash talking is ok but if it gets to that point then its no good. You can say something back but dont say much. And playing 2-7 is just fun to do sometimes. So good job there!

Good Luck!

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I guess anything to take you off your game. Sad

GordyPoker

GordyPoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is NO bigger compliment than angry poker players at the table.

Just saw a very similar circumstance the other week live....

Player with mohawk gets to the table and starts raising and telling the table how he only plays premium hands....lol

Well one of those premium hands was 72d OOP and he makes his flush on the turn and gets a full double up.

Table talk continues about how he only plays the best hands....LOL Table pushes back with "Really? Seven deuce?"

Long story short the mohawk haircut leaves the table and the table grumbles to the player that lost the 72 hand about how much we will miss the player that only plays premium hands OOP (like 72)!

Good luck !

Can you tell me where to find this player please? I owe him a fiver ;)

H

HeyMan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never live however low stakes online I am guilty of being a ass sometimes. To be honest I do not because I am piss off about a bad run out or sick bad beat but for a reaction from the Fish that just got lucky ...Dumb I know... I should just turn off chat that would be the best option ...

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I think this bad on the part of the players who insult in the chat should be punished ....

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Can you tell me where to find this player please? I owe him a fiver ;)

Haha....aside from his table talk about his premium hands....he was actually extra polite - but forward.

He was drinking heavily when that opponent drove him off!

He bought in for 3 bills and left with 2 racks!

Good luck !