Insults at the Table!!

muse713

muse713

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Curious to know the what insults come your way whilst play.

Playing a full table a couple weeks ago I made a 72os call. Everyone called and the player on the Button raised. No one folds. Flop comes 7-7-Q. All hell breaks loose. Not feeling so wonderful about my hand anymore. And then the turn produces an A. At this point I am blaming myself for calling in the first place. River spits out 7. " Yeah baby who is the man?" ( even tho I am a woman).Celebration that lasted 2 secs was followed by guilt. AA and QQ got smoked. Took a sip of my merlot and got ready .

- I Hope you die B***H
- Donk
- Fish
- Cancer is too good for you.
- The N word ( My avatar is of a beautiful buxom black woman) - Not the first time I've seen the N used.

Immediately all feeling of guilt was erased . Think I threw some kisses to them and left the table.Guilt returned later that evening, I said nothing when they used that word. Would it have mattered if I said something? Probably not. But you know what? Next time I will!

Share your story-

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Turn off your chat & fold 72o & you will be fine.

roger perkins

roger perkins

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
playing 27o is not something i would do. however you said everyone called so you were getting great pot odds. as for the insults you may have deserved some like fish or donk but the n word is going too far. often the online player will say things because they know there is no retaliation. they are small people dont let them bother you.

chicopaw

chicopaw

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when receiving chat comments liks that ,you need to take a screen shot of the chat and report it to Support, those players will be warned and if they continue may be banned
This also applies to our members here also if they are reported on
There is no place in any game to abuse players with obscene,discriminating language
We All need to Respect each other while playing and in life

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Playing a full table a couple weeks ago I made a 72os call. Everyone called and the player on the Button raised. No one folds. Flop comes 7-7-Q. All hell breaks loose. Not feeling so wonderful about my hand anymore. And then the turn produces an A. At this point I am blaming myself for calling in the first place. River spits out 7. " Yeah baby who is the man?" ( even tho I am a woman).Celebration that lasted 2 secs was followed by guilt. AA and QQ got smoked. Took a sip of my merlot and got ready .

- I Hope you die B***H
- Donk
- Fish
- The N word ( My avatar is of a beautiful buxom black woman) - Not the first time I've seen the N used.

Immediately all feeling of guilt was erased . Think I threw some kisses to them and left the table.Guilt returned later that evening, I said nothing when they used that word. Would it have mattered if I said something? Probably not. But you know what? Next time I will!

Share your story-

There is NO bigger compliment than angry poker players at the table.

Just saw a very similar circumstance the other week live....

Player with mohawk gets to the table and starts raising and telling the table how he only plays premium hands....lol

Well one of those premium hands was 72d OOP and he makes his flush on the turn and gets a full double up.

Table talk continues about how he only plays the best hands....LOL Table pushes back with "Really? Seven deuce?"

Long story short the mohawk haircut leaves the table and the table grumbles to the player that lost the 72 hand about how much we will miss the player that only plays premium hands OOP (like 72)!

Good luck !

L

Lord Foma

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my address, offended players often write all sorts of nonsense, I just do not pay attention to it and ignore their baby-talk.

K

KristianMedK

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If it bothers you, disaable or ignore the chat. If possible, learn to feed off other peoples selfpity, and anger.

like this guy

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

- I Hope you die B***H
- Donk
- Fish

Share your story-
Insults and name calling come from those with low intellect, don't let it bother you.

I

ilucha228

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always turn off the chat to a player who insults someone, I do not even remember which insult was the last one.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the best advice against rudeness in online poker - it's completely disable your chat in the program settings. In the extreme case, it is necessary to write poker room administration.

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
Never allow anyone to insult you even If you are not what they saying. Ignorance should not be tolerated.
I once was called the N word just because they assumed, from my country that I was black.
I denounce them and let them know how stupid their insults would be. I never told them I was not a black person, but that day: I wish I was! :call2:

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I had someone who called a shove from me and beat me calling me all sorts of insults and telling me my hand was only better preflop and I am an idiot for not folding but ranted at me for ages and they won! I shoved aks on the flop with a flush draw and two overs and they call with a straight draw and proceed to tell me how they were better. The called me a stupid c word repeatedly. I am not sure how you get angry winning a hand?

VivicvrMga

VivicvrMga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find those attitudes ridiculous at the independent online table or live and terrible, there should be severe punishments.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I personally don't care about your play , we are not all professionals, but if you are a thinking person you can easily understand how a big problem the anonymity on the internet has become.

Everyone can so easily reveal his true character because of the above or some of them they just like trolling.

Every online poker player has faced a similar situation , personally me when I am bored and I don't multitable I troll them back but I never swear and also I try to be as polite as a human being can be (that tilts them even more). I am a person who never tilts and never takes anything personal at the tables. I do it because I can control my feelings if you can do it too ok , later they will pay you, believe me.On the other hand if you can't control your emotions just disable the chat, simple as that :)

Have Fun!!!

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
It's everyone's right to play every hand he believes in , I don't think we have the right to judge them , if they catch their miracle hand/board texture , good for them . Insulting is never the solution for anything , always makes things worse , always . As for the poker rooms , I don't know if they ban you for good or they just impose chat restrictions for some time to your account .

And yes , I agree , some people just love trolling .

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am an aggressive player on the table but I still have my limits. 7-2 it's really not easy to play with that hand in position. i like to limit playing with 10-2 just because doyle brunson has made a lot of money with this hand. poker is a game that brings a lot of emotion but also a lot of stress. it is normal that some player does not manage to control their anger or their frustration. In general I never answer. the most used insult against me is fish.

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Respect is the most important thing in life, people should know how to respect others, including at a poker table.
Poker is a collective game where your opponent is your partner because no one wins in poker if there was no one to play, under these conditions you must respect your opponents and anyone who uses a lack of respect should be suspended for some time at the table.

oneloy

oneloy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sometimes you need to throw steam! I do not see anything wrong with that!

MolonAA

MolonAA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

with me unfortunately also happened, it was in the Friday freeroll for members with + 25posts, they were very heavy offenses, it counts me and brazil and brazilians etc ... on the day until I thought about reporting it to the moderator of the forum, but I did not , it is a very sad thing, I felt offended. It was only this time, I am sure that the great majority of the members have good conduct, but there is always that person who does not portray anything about the things we learned here in the forum

D

davem86

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just read a column on respect at the poker table and this stuck out to me.

Treat others with respect. Only good can come from that. Besides, when you do negative things, it only exposes your lack of security, confidence or character. It shows ignorance of how others should be treated and your lack of concern for others.

At the end of the day its just a game folks.
Are we to not have fun when we play?

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips

- I Hope you die B***H
- Donk
- Fish

Share your story-

Okay, what buy-in were u playing? I'm pretty sure it was some sorta micro/low-limit table. With that being said the insults are going to be from folx that are used to playing premium hands and not used to dealing w/a player who plays/understands pot-odds. I usually revel in this situation 'cause pissing folx off plays right into my wheelhouse since I used to be an aspiring stand-up comic. I'd set them up w/a line that will usually induce a response; i.e.:"I guess I got lucky in marriage 'cause I married my best friend." Then some drunk idiot would say something like,"Why, are you gay?", followed by some laughs. Then I'd say, "You think I'm gay? Why, you wanna suck my d!ck? I mean why else would you ask?" Which would result in more laughs w/an underlying 'OOOOHHH!', which just pisses them off but more importantly shuts them up. So I guess what I'm trying to say is know your audience/table and don't sweat the small stuff, aka potential losers. I also get called the "N-word" at times, why I don't know? Playing at intertops the only avatars they give u are little symbols, unless you're using the old-school avatars. Even then I don't understand that type of banter. :flybye:

M

marcelo benavidez

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i think in that cases, you have to turn off the chat, problem solved.

kddy

kddy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
there are some insults that are passable, like donk or fish, but already some referring to something more personal or cultural ... that is going too far

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Stooping is not the same as chatting..

- I Hope you die B***H
- Donk
- Fish

Share your story-

You may report this abusive person to the site, request their chat privileges be revoked. Abusive creeps thrive on the digital abuse they can give out, without paying a penalty. Strip them of chat, it throws their little fantasy abuse out the window; they are nothing.

The best way to respond is to not say anything. Creeps say abusive things to try and get you to stoop to their low level, and say something abusive back, so they can "top" you, get in the last, best insult..
You know you are above insulting, deprive him by ignoring him. If they need attention so bad they have to insult others, just step away from the keyboard. That way, you get the last, best word, by not saying anything, let the creep figure it out .

Alexey5

Alexey5

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, many players are faced with a witch can not control themselves and after losing to start a lot of swearing and name-calling is not very nice to play with this man